Sign in to follow this  
lawstudent2006

Anyone used an OHIP card to Verify ID?

I dont have a passport or drivers license (long story). However I have an OHIP card. As per the LSAC requirements (https://www.lsac.org/lsat/taking-lsat/lsat-test-center-admission-requirements/identification-accepted-lsat-admission) a valid ID must contain ,a recent and recognizable photo of you, your first name, your last name, your date of birth. My health card contains all of this. However this may seem foreign to the proctor so I wonder if anyone has experience using a OHIP card for the flex test. 

Posted (edited)

I’m pretty sure I did (it was either that or my driver’s license). As long as a name, DOB and photo are present I doubt they’ll look into it too much, they know that people from all over the world are taking the LSAT so obviously they’re not going to be familiar with every piece of ID that could possibly be used by an applicant. Who knows, if you have a more experienced proctor they might have already seen a dozen people who used Canadian provincial health cards before you, haha. Worst comes to absolute worst, the proctor is on a live chat with you so they’ll tell you to get another piece of ID quickly. 

Edited by navyblue11
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, lawstudent2006 said:

I dont have a passport or drivers license (long story). However I have an OHIP card. As per the LSAC requirements (https://www.lsac.org/lsat/taking-lsat/lsat-test-center-admission-requirements/identification-accepted-lsat-admission) a valid ID must contain ,a recent and recognizable photo of you, your first name, your last name, your date of birth. My health card contains all of this. However this may seem foreign to the proctor so I wonder if anyone has experience using a OHIP card for the flex test. 

I am trying to remember, I think I had to upload a photo of my ID when I registered. If they accept the ID for registration I would imagine the proctor would also for verification. I would email and ask though. I have found LSAC were prompt in answering questions. 

Did you know you can get an Ontario photo ID card? If you don’t have a driver’s licence or passport, it may be worth looking into. You can get them at Service Ontario counters. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pastrey said:

I am trying to remember, I think I had to upload a photo of my ID when I registered. If they accept the ID for registration I would imagine the proctor would also for verification. I would email and ask though. I have found LSAC were prompt in answering questions. 

Did you know you can get an Ontario photo ID card? If you don’t have a driver’s licence or passport, it may be worth looking into. You can get them at Service Ontario counters. 

Hmmm, i dont think we needed to upload id to LSAC to register, we just uploaded a photo. Also every Service Ontario in the province is closed, but a appreciated suggestion. 

I think what @Pastrey is thinking of is the writing sample, because there’s no live proctor you need to upload a photo of an ID there. For the test itself, it’ll be live. Either way, I don’t see why an OHIP card wouldn’t be accepted. 

I forgot I had to change my registered name with LSAC. I had to submit a picture of my driver’s licence to do that. I confused it with registering for the LSAT.

I would still contact LSAC and ask. Ontario has limitations on how the health card can be used. Some places accept it as ID, but not everywhere. You would likely be fine, but the best way to know is to ask LSAC. :) 

11 hours ago, lawstudent2006 said:

Hmmm, i dont think we needed to upload id to LSAC to register, we just uploaded a photo. Also every Service Ontario in the province is closed, but a appreciated suggestion. 

Not all are closed. Check their website for locations that are operating under reduced hours.