samii

Transcript Official but Incomplete?

On my UAlberta Launchpad, I recently submitted my updated transcript with Fall grades and it shows that it has been received but with this label:

Transcript, 1st Term Results & 2nd Term Registration (Official but Incomplete)

Does anyone know if this is a problem or is this normal?

Posted (edited)

I wonder if they take these grades into account for January waves, or if early admission extends into January? The email I got in December says that they receive the second term grades in February

Edited by toastedguac

On 1/8/2021 at 7:40 PM, toastedguac said:

On their website it says the deadline for documentation is Feb 1st - maybe they only consider Fall grades after early admission is over? and early admit continues till Feb 1st?

*pure speculation*

On 1/8/2021 at 2:30 PM, samii said:

On my UAlberta Launchpad, I recently submitted my updated transcript with Fall grades and it shows that it has been received but with this label:

Transcript, 1st Term Results & 2nd Term Registration (Official but Incomplete)

Does anyone know if this is a problem or is this normal?

Official transcripts need to be provided by your university. Uploading your own transcript deems it to be an "unofficial transcript." If you are a student attending university in Alberta, then U of A will access your official transcripts through ApplyAlberta. If you are a student out of province, then your university must be the one to e-mail or mail transcripts with fall grades.

Edited by legallybound

The ambiguity between 'official vs unofficial' and 'final vs. incomplete' transcripts has caused quite a headache for a few folks, it seems. Including me.

Edited by TheMidnightOil
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, legallybound said:

I submitted my transcripts through my university (out of province) rather than uploading them on my own, so they are official. Does your Launchpad say something different?

11 minutes ago, TheMidnightOil said:

The ambiguity between 'official vs unofficial' and 'final vs. incomplete' transcripts has caused quite a headache for a few folks, it seems. Including me.

And the unending spectrum of terminology for application statuses...I don't know why half the statuses I have are not even listed in the respective university's status options. 

9 minutes ago, samii said:

I submitted my transcripts through my university (out of province) rather than uploading them on my own, so they are official. Does your Launchpad say something different?

And the unending spectrum of terminology for application statuses...I don't know why half the statuses I have are not even listed in the respective university's status options. 

NOT STARTED --> STARTED --> PARTIALLY COMPLETED --> HALF COMPLETED --> THREE-FIFTHS COMPLETED --> UNDER REVIEW --> REVIEWING --> PROCESSING --> PROCESSED --> PREPARING --> COMPILING --> COMPLETED --> EDITING --> FINISHED --> SUBMITTED --> and so on.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, TheMidnightOil said:

NOT STARTED --> STARTED --> PARTIALLY COMPLETED --> HALF COMPLETED --> THREE-FIFTHS COMPLETED --> UNDER REVIEW --> REVIEWING --> PROCESSING --> PROCESSED --> PREPARING --> COMPILING --> COMPLETED --> EDITING --> FINISHED --> SUBMITTED --> and so on.

You forgot UNSCRAMBLING and SEVEN-EIGHTHS COMPLETED.

Edited by Chazz
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Chazz said:

You forgot UNSCRAMBLING and SEVEN-EIGHTHS COMPLETED.

--> UNSTOPPABLE -->  ̴̪̒̐D̴̰̩̊O̶̥͆ ̵͇̮͝N̶̨̝͘͠O̴̤͑T̸̗̳̏ ̷̯̦̓̓Ȁ̸̪̗T̸̬̯̄͠T̸͚̋̑Ė̴͇̳͋M̷̢̳̄P̵͍͌̈́T̵̺̽ ̷̞̣̀̽T̶͔͑̎O̴̗̒ ̵͈̔R̶̖̩̀̚Ẻ̴͈S̶̛̲̋I̸̛̲̻̽S̵̭̪̆̓T̸͓͆

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, legallybound said:

Official transcripts need to be provided by your university. Uploading your own transcript deems it to be an "unofficial transcript." If you are a student attending university in Alberta, then U of A will access your official transcripts through ApplyAlberta. If you are a student out of province, then your university must be the one to e-mail or mail transcripts with fall grades.

I will say I sent in an official transcript and mine says the same thing as Samii. I'm sure it has to do with the fact that it's an incomplete transcript because we're in 4th year and not finished the degree 

• Like 1

Have any U of A students not had transcripts uploaded on launchpad yet? Mine still says not received.

19 hours ago, samii said:

16 hours ago, castlepie said:

I will say I sent in an official transcript and mine says the same thing as Samii. I'm sure it has to do with the fact that it's an incomplete transcript because we're in 4th year and not finished the degree 

So I was told to upload an unofficial transcript before my fall grades came in, so that is already checked off for me. I believe U of A will access my official transcripts on my behalf so that will check off the "official transcript" requirement. I agree with many comments above that the way they have categorized it is confusing.

Just now, legallybound said:

So I was told to upload an unofficial transcript before my fall grades came in, so that is already checked off for me. I believe U of A will access my official transcripts on my behalf so that will check off the "official transcript" requirement. I agree with many comments above that the way they have categorized it is confusing.

Yes, I also uploaded my unofficial transcript before fall grades came, and I think when they got my official transcript recently with fall grades they went in manually and edited the wording on the checklist item, lol. So weird.