Sign in to follow this  
riseandgrind0912

UBC Law School Acceptances (conditional or not)

Hello! Congrats to everyone who got in!! I was just wondering if you have completed 90 credits and are accepted into ubc law school, is the offer final (not conditional), or do you still have to maintain your gpa for the rest of the year?

Thanks!

If you're applying as a third year, your offer is technically conditional. I have never heard of anyone actually getting their acceptance revoked, although it's probably best not to push your luck and become the first.

From what I know, you just want your final GPA to be within 3% of the overall cGPA you had when you applied.

I’m a third year that received an offer this year. My condition is keeping my cumulative average above 82%. My application average was ~87% and my LSAT is 167. 

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, ap4750 said:

I’m a third year that received an offer this year. My condition is keeping my cumulative average above 82%. My application average was ~87% and my LSAT is 167. 

Hi, sorry for potentially derailing this thread but may I ask why/how they determined your condition to be keeping your average over 82 specifically?

This really worries me, because I plan on applying next cycle as a 3rd year student with a low GPA and a high LSAT. Do you think that the condition for your acceptance implies Allard won't accept anyone with a GPA under 82%, regardless of how high their LSAT was? Or is the index calculator thing still correct?

Edited by DonaldTrump

11 minutes ago, DonaldTrump said:

Hi, sorry for potentially derailing this thread but may I ask why/how they determined your condition to be keeping your average over 82 specifically?

This really worries me, because I plan on applying next cycle as a 3rd year student with a low GPA and a high LSAT. Do you think that the condition for your acceptance implies Allard won't accept anyone with a GPA under 82%, regardless of how high their LSAT was? Or is the index calculator thing still correct?

I do not know how they determined this condition, but I think it would be wrong to think they wouldn't "accept anyone with a GPA under 82%." IMO it sounds like they chose a number based on the strength of my stats and what would keep my application competitive. 

11 hours ago, DonaldTrump said:

I’m a third year applicant and received a conditional offer in December. Allard didn’t give me any specifics about the conditions of my acceptance other than to say that my stats had to stay above the admissible range. So I think if you aim to stay above auto-admit, you’ll be fine. 

• Like 1