Mwatso

Chances? cGpa/3.00 L2 3.55 Lsat PTing 172

Hello everyone! 

I had a really difficult time in university due to a health problem I could not control but is now resolved. I did poorly in my first two years because of it and I have thus applied access and focused heavily upon that in my PS. 

Now my question is, with a low gpa (3.0), weak l2 (3.55) would an estimated LSAT score of 170-172 be enough? I’ve been studying for two years and consistently hitting these scores.

thank you so much

You've been consistently hitting a 170-172 for two years, but two months ago, you claimed to have scored a 163

That doesn't add up; if you want people to help, you have to be honest about what your stats are. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Luckycharm said:

Come back with a real score

And before you say this is harsh, there is plenty of documentation for people who were consistently scoring in a range underperforming on test day, it just happens. He's not trying to rain on your parade but it's important to think about best as well as worst case scenarios. That said if you've been studying for that long and are consistent, good luck and get back here with a 170+ and we'll have better advice for you then.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Oh my goodness.... Why would I ever lie about my score? how does that help me? I legitimately wanted to come on here and talk to my peers about my progress. You are correct, I have been studying for two years. November I took my first Practice test after studying and scored 163, I then went and focused on Logical reasoning where I was lacking. Since then I have been doing 3 tests a week all within 170-172.  So please, don't be mean. I am also ridiculously sick, so I am sorry if my sentences didn't make full sense. 

2 hours ago, Tagger said:

You've been consistently hitting a 170-172 for two years, but two months ago, you claimed to have scored a 163

That doesn't add up; if you want people to help, you have to be honest about what your stats are. 

Edited by Mwatso

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Mwatso said:

Now my question is, with a low gpa (3.0), weak l2 (3.55) would an estimated LSAT score of 170-172 be enough? I’ve been studying for two years and consistently hitting these scores.

Saw your other posts on this forum and all I can say is try not to take comments personally. Many are irritated after witnessing a disproportionate amount of people estimate that they'll achieve scores that statistically most of them will not. It's not about you personally. If you pull off a 170-172 you have a very good chance of getting in. A 3.55 L2 is not "weak" and a 170 LSAT is superb. Good luck!

Edited by LawBlaw2019
Spelling errors drive me nuts.
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, Mwatso said:

Oh my goodness.... Why would I ever lie about my score? how does that help me? I legitimately wanted to come on here and talk to my peers about my progress. You are correct, I have been studying for two years. November I took my first Practice test after studying and scored 163, I then went and focused on Logical reasoning where I was lacking. Since then I have been doing 3 tests a week all within 170-172.  So please, don't be mean. I am also ridiculously sick, so I am sorry if my sentences didn't make full sense. 

People on this forum are blunt (hundreds of "chances" posts are made each cycle). Frankly, it's unlikely for people to perform on the real LSAT as well as they do on their practice tests. I've seen people PTing in the 170s who score up to 20 points lower on the real thing. There's a huge difference between writing a practice test alone in a familiar location and writing the real thing.

I don't think you're lying about your PT scores, it's just dangerous to assume that you can pull it off on the actual exam. Managing expectations is important. A 170+ is 97th percentile - no matter what you're PTing at you're not doing yourself any favours by assuming you'll be in the top 3%.

I honestly don't think anyone should post a "chances" thread without a real LSAT score under their belt.

EDIT: I think a better question for those who haven't written the LSAT is "what LSAT score would I need in combination with my GPA/ECs"

Edited by canuckfanatic

4 minutes ago, LawBlaw2019 said:

Saw your other posts on this forum and all I can say is try not to take comments personally. Many are irritated after witnessing a disproportionate amount of people estimate that they'll achieve scores that statistically most of them will not. It's not about you personally. If you pull off a 170-172 you have a very good chance of getting in. A 3.55 L2 is not "weak" and a 170 LSAT is superb. Good luck!

Oh I totally agree! I shouldn't have posted my practice question. The above comment is not bugging me (I've seen that individual being not the nicest frequently), it was kinda just the last straw after seeing so much of it on here and hearing of others who feel too intimidated to post on here. 

Thank you so much for your response :)

• Like 1