anonymousaxolotl

uOttawa Chances (80.46%)

I am a CEGEP student applying to Civil Law with Co-Op for Fall 2021. My average after three semesters is only slightly above the minimum required (80.46%) so I am worried that I might not be accepted to the program because of it. Is it actually possible for me to be rejected or am I simply overthinking?

9 hours ago, anonymousaxolotl said:

I received my offer of admission today, turns out I really was just overthinking!

Congratulations! When did you apply?  How long did they give you to accept? Are you from a French Cegep?  Did they are you to do a French Test?

On 1/19/2021 at 9:51 PM, Tara18 said:

Congratulations! When did you apply?  How long did they give you to accept? Are you from a French Cegep?  Did they are you to do a French Test?

I applied on January 1st, I have until April 1st to accept, and I dion’t think I’ll have to do a French test since I’m from a French Cegep. Hope this helps!

try !

On 1/17/2021 at 9:18 PM, kleopatre said:

Non, je me prépare à faire ma demande, mais j’ai lu ce petit détail que je n’ai pas trouvé à l’UDEM

On 2/23/2019 at 2:16 AM, Lawyers2019 said:

54 minutes ago, CivilLawMan2021 said:

Is there a chance for a university student who has a GPA of 3.49? uOttawa said the CGPA that is 78% is 3.5/4.3

try !

3 hours ago, CivilLawMan2021 said:

Is there a chance for a university student who has a GPA of 3.49? uOttawa said the CGPA that is 78% is 3.5/4.3

I was just wondering where you figured out that a 3.5 is a 78%? I’ve also been wondering if my 3.45 is enough for civil at Ottawa. 

Thank you 

4 minutes ago, GMK8998 said:

I was just wondering where you figured out that a 3.5 is a 78%? I’ve also been wondering if my 3.45 is enough for civil at Ottawa. 

Thank you 

I sent them an email - their response was "On the 4.3 CGPA scale used at the HEC of Montreal, an average of 78% is a 3.5."

28 minutes ago, CivilLawMan2021 said:

I sent them an email - their response was "On the 4.3 CGPA scale used at the HEC of Montreal, an average of 78% is a 3.5."

so say I apply with  3.64 you think id be ok ?

23 hours ago, CivilLawMan2021 said:

It wouldn’t hurt to fill out the declaration of personal experience on uOzone as well, it’s not mandatory but the liaison office suggested that I complete it since my grades are kind of borderline. 

On 1/19/2021 at 12:33 PM, anonymousaxolotl said:

I received my offer of admission today, turns out I really was just overthinking!

Does does ottawa only require grades for their civil law program? Or did you also have to include a personal statement/letter of rec's, etc?

26 minutes ago, HumanCalculator said:

Does does ottawa only require grades for their civil law program? Or did you also have to include a personal statement/letter of rec's, etc?

I haven't applied to civil law there, but from what I see on their website I'm pretty sure it's only grades. 

6 hours ago, HumanCalculator said:

You can choose to fill out a declaration of personal experience, but if your grades are high enough the admissions officers will accept you without reading it.

I applied to the civil law program at ottawa and they said they are starting to do interviews around the end of feb. good luck to all! if anyone has info about the interview process please share