Hey guys, 

I applied for a combined JD/MA program and was wondering if there are any current students who can comment on their application/acceptance experience. Did you receive admission to the joint program before you received admission to the master's program? Were you only accepted into the JD track until your master's acceptance? Or did the MA acceptance come first? U of T's site says they tend to notify students of master's acceptances in late March/early April but I'm wondering if it's different for students applying to the joint program considering the deadline to accept/decline a law school offer. Thanks!!

Posted (edited)

Following because I’m in the same boat! (Edit: I don’t even know if this is how following works on this forum but oh well)

Edited by TrisanaC

1 hour ago, TrisanaC said:

Following because I’m in the same boat! (Edit: I don’t even know if this is how following works on this forum but oh well)

Anything you've posted to will be something you can check on under "manage followed content" as an option under your name, but you won't otherwise get notifications unless someone quotes you as I'm doing. There are more options under the "follow" button that's hiding a bit above the first post.

• Thanks 1

the law school and the grad department you applied to operate independently of each other, often with different timelines and deadlines. they do not coordinate with each other until you have been accepted to both programs and want to enrol in the combined program. 

• Like 1