asdfghjkl1223456

Third Retake Worth It? 2021 Cycle

I already took the LSAT twice in the past year, once in June (162) and once again in August (164). I was scheduled to take it again In November but decided to post-pone it until January. Admittedly, Master's applications and end-of-term finals got the best of me, so I haven't studied vigorously since November. My OLSAS cGPA and B3 is 3.80.

My dream school is UofT, which is why I have been considering retaking the LSAT so many times as I do recognize that I am in their lower percentile (though I also applied to Osgoode, Western, Queens, and Ryerson). However, I do not want to have a third attempt on file without a significant increase (as in 167+) since I have heard this does not look good and would want to save a third and final-ish attempt in the case that I decide to defer going to law school for another year, which would give me more time to study for a third attempt.

Considering the January LSAT is in two weeks, do you think it is worth retaking? Or should I just apply to this cycle with a high of 164 and 3.80?

I do have a lot of family, work, and academic commitments, but I would be willing to give it another shot in January 2021 if this is the general consensus. Any insight would be appreciated! Thanks!

I don't think they'll count multiple LSAT attempts against you, but this might be different for U of T. From what I've heard about other schools like Western, at least, they don't look at it badly. 

I don't know is this matters but update: I scored a 166 on the first pt I took in a while and BR'ed a 174.

I'm not sure if it's worth trying to pursue a higher score for a January LSAT at this moment ;~;

You might get in with your current stats but I wouldn't bank on it; I feel like it can't really hurt you in regards to UofT to rewrite. If I was you I'd do it, but I would understand wanting to just call it a day. You still have a chance at UofT, it's just not strong. I'd say you're in everywhere else though. 

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Prospero said:

You might get in with your current stats but I wouldn't bank on it; I feel like it can't really hurt you in regards to UofT to rewrite. If I was you I'd do it, but I would understand wanting to just call it a day. You still have a chance at UofT, it's just not strong. I'd say you're in everywhere else though. 

what score do you think is strong enough to aim for, for my gpa?

Edited by asdfghjkl1223456