pep

Vancouver Firm Insights

29 minutes ago, neymarsr said:

Do many people have explicit dress codes that are enforced? Seems lame.

I don't think its very common, but I do know a couple places that expect you to wear a suit (+/- the tie) most days. Business casual seems to be the standard these days. 

I can see how wearing a suit is important when dealing with large/institutional clients. At my firm I'm dealing with family-owned businesses and individuals, so a suit would just feel pretentious. 

• Like 1

On 12/28/2020 at 11:49 AM, criseaster55 said:

On 12/29/2020 at 6:18 PM, rcfc said:

Do you have any insights on firms not yet mentioned i.e. Blakes, Osler, DLA, Dentons, BLG, NRF in terms of practice, culture or anything else? 

2 hours ago, thebadwife said:

Do you have any insights on firms not yet mentioned i.e. Blakes, Osler, DLA, Dentons, BLG, NRF in terms of practice, culture or anything else? 

Send me a PM!

On 1/3/2021 at 2:38 PM, thebadwife said:

PM me. 

I was wondering what others would say are the best Vancouver firms for students who want to be a corporate lawyer, specifically those who want to work on the biggest and most complex transactional files in Van. 

Not from Van originally so any insight would be really appreciated!

8 minutes ago, Smorr53 said:

I was wondering what others would say are the best Vancouver firms for students who want to be a corporate lawyer, specifically those who want to work on the biggest and most complex transactional files in Van. 

Not from Van originally so any insight would be really appreciated!

You’ll see Blakes, BLG, McCarthys, Lawson Lundell, Fasken and Farris on a lot of the really high end transactional work. BJs and NRF are probably fairly high up there, as well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlockedQuebecois said:

You’ll see Blakes, BLG, McCarthys, Lawson Lundell, Fasken and Farris on a lot of the really high end transactional work. BJs and NRF are probably fairly high up there, as well. 

Dentons and McMillan students will also see $1 billion+ transactions