HiLawWorld98

Clerkship Interviews 2021

1 hour ago, Catlover said:

Same! I am wondering about SCJ Brampton :P

I know Brampton went out early today. 

Can those who received FC offers give an idea of how senior the judges were? I thought only high seniority judges give offers, so I'm holding out hope for a low seniority justice I interviewed with to give me an offer. But hearing that FC is giving out offers is making me lose hope (even though I know the hiring goes later than other processes). 

How do I deal with the stress/anxiety of waiting and not hearing anything? How are y'all doing it??

I know of a junior judge having picked their clerk. Their interviews were the week of the 12th.

As a general rule, I believe if the judge interviewed in February, they likely gave out an offer on March 5. 

3 minutes ago, ceilidhfish said:

Can those who received FC offers give an idea of how senior the judges were? I thought only high seniority judges give offers, so I'm holding out hope for a low seniority justice I interviewed with to give me an offer. But hearing that FC is giving out offers is making me lose hope (even though I know the hiring goes later than other processes). 

How do I deal with the stress/anxiety of waiting and not hearing anything? How are y'all doing it??

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, law1235 said:

I know of a junior judge having picked their clerk. Their interviews were the week of the 12th.

As a general rule, I believe if the judge interviewed in February, they likely gave out an offer on March 5. 

How does that not conflict with @lawquestions receiving an offer this morning? I saw someone else post on twitter that they received a FC offer today. Hope is not lost - but also, lurking on this forum is probably not the best for mental health.

• Like 1

On 3/6/2021 at 10:03 AM, law1235 said:

My understanding is that a number of judges offer interviews alongside the FCA/ other appellate courts and offer on the same day as the SCC concludes like other courts, however, this does not seem true for all federal court judges. It seems common that a handful of federal court judges interview into March and April (I've heard of some going as late as May).  

Just reposting this! Some FC judges offer on call day, some don't! If you interviewed before call day though, there is a high likelihood that offer went out.

32 minutes ago, law1235 said:

Just reposting this! Some FC judges offer on call day, some don't! If you interviewed before call day though, there is a high likelihood that offer went out.

Thanks! Was just looking for a shred of hope- willful blindness over here!!!

3 hours ago, Benjomoss said:

BCSC still going out today.

What?! I had given up. At what point do I give up for real? Do they email unsuccessful candidates at some point?

7 hours ago, confusedstudent33 said:

What?! I had given up. At what point do I give up for real? Do they email unsuccessful candidates at some point?

I believe they told interviewees that they would be in touch regardless of the outcome, so I think you will eventually receive some sort of official communication.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ceilidhfish said:

I interviewed with a fairly junior judge and received an offer on Monday. I think if the judge conducted interviews during the month of February he's probably made his offer. However, the clerk he chose may have gotten an offer from a judge at the FCA and accepted that one so there's still a chance you can get an offer later on. Considering the deadline to accept/decline first offers was yesterday, more offers should be coming out today or in the next coming days. 

Hey everyone! 

I might be holding out hope for nothing or maybe I'm overthinking this but as someone who got interviews with the FCA but no offers what are my chances of still getting an interview with the FC? It's almost April and I still haven't heard a word from the FC not even one interview, should I just forget about it and move on? Do FC judges usually call for interviews during the month of April or are they all scheduled already?

Thanks in advance! 

- A worried student who actually thought that she had a chance

• Like 1