Jump to content
HiLawWorld98

Clerkship Interviews 2021

Recommended Posts

Hi! Just starting a thread to discuss when people hear back about clerkship interviews/the virtual interview process/shared anxiety in general. I applied to ABCA and ABQB and have not heard anything yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No interviews to report -just frustrated that my Ontario clerking applications will be submitted before I get grades back for last semester. The waiting anxiety is the worst. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2021 at 9:27 PM, bonkers said:

Anyone else apply for the Tax Court clerkship in Ottawa?

Yes. Website says those selected for interviews will be contacted early February. Fingers crossed...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know about ONCA, but FCA called me once the first week of February and once the second week - it varies according to the judge. FC, I got emails throughout February and March, but apparently it can go until June. So, hold tight - it's likely a bit soon :) 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, poshspice said:

I don't know about ONCA, but FCA called me once the first week of February and once the second week - it varies according to the judge. FC, I got emails throughout February and March, but apparently it can go until June. So, hold tight - it's likely a bit soon :) 

Haha thank you for assuaging my anxieties! I'll sit tight :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trust me, it is hard to wait! But the call/emails will come - and if they don't, it doesn't say anything about you at all. It's a process and, like a lot of things in life, there is some luck involved. :) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have heard from friends that last year ONCA called for interviews on the Jan 31st after a deadline on the 20th. I’m predicting the very end of next week, or the beginning of the following week. 

Similarly, BCCA deadline was the 19th/20th and a friend for a call on the 29th of January for the first round.

Edited by Notnotadog
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2021 at 5:38 PM, Notnotadog said:

No interviews to report -just frustrated that my Ontario clerking applications will be submitted before I get grades back for last semester. The waiting anxiety is the worst. 

Yeah, I agree on the waiting anxiety [on legal employment in general]. I had a couple OCI interviews this weekend and haven't heard shit back, despite thinking they went quite well. The whole thing is making me question how well I am able to read people.

Edited by bonkers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bonkers said:

Yeah, I agree on the waiting anxiety [on legal employment in general]. I had a couple OCI interviews this weekend and haven't heard shit back, despite thinking they went quite well. The whole thing makes one wonder how well they are able to read people.

What school had OCI day already? I wouldn't expect an answer within a few days - I remember it being at least a week when I did OCIs last year. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WindsorHopeful said:

What school had OCI day already? I wouldn't expect an answer within a few days - I remember it being at least a week when I did OCIs last year. 

UNB w/ solely an Atlantic region focus.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bonkers said:

UNB w/ solely an Atlantic region focus.

Makes sense! Definitely give more time before you worry. And good luck! 🏆

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone knows when the BCSC & BCCA contact for first interviews? Do they call or email?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, SCOTUS said:

Anyone knows when the BCSC & BCCA contact for first interviews? Do they call or email?

E-mail last year. Expected to be this week or early next week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, bonkers said:

UNB w/ solely an Atlantic region focus.

Good luck! I’m a Halifax based articling clerk if you have any questions this week feel free to reach out :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/22/2021 at 12:17 PM, finnis said:

Yes. Website says those selected for interviews will be contacted early February. Fingers crossed...

I got an email today inviting me to write an exam and do an interview. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recent Posts

    • Everybody I've talked to has said that the burnout and lack of motivation is worse this year than ever before, so at least the curve should be down for everyone! The only thing I have found that helps me focus is shame. I use a timer like I would if I was working to show myself how much time I'm wasting on other stuff and guilt myself into working more. Is this healthy? Probably not. But it's getting me through the last two weeks of exams.
    • This is true, but no toddler to break up the monotony by adding an element of chaos and unpredictability 😂
    • reçu mon offre d'acceptation aujd! cote r de 30,245  Bonne chance à tous !  
    • I just finished 1L at Windsor and wanted to say that this year, i think around 4-5 1Ls got bay st positions (not myself lol)....which is honestly awesome. Yes, im sure other schools placed more BUT 4-5 is a big step up from 1. Additionally, this isnt even counting those that got intern positions or jobs outside the formal 1L recruit. I think Windsor sometimes gets dumped on but the student body is really strong imo...and trust me im not afraid to comment on the not so great parts of windsor, but the student body isnt one.  If your interest is Criminal law, Tanovich still teaches 1L crim and he rocks. Unreal teacher (and i agree with sportsball on the teaching v academia point) and one of the most revered criminal law academics in the country. Some great opportunities in criminal law anywhere, Windsor included! 

×
×
  • Create New...