hellothere123

How to submit Fall 2020 Grades

Hey I would like to send my Fall 2020 grades to the Law Schools. Do I add a new transcript request for end of Fall Term then submit the application?

Any help is appreciated thank you

I think that’s right, or at least that was my plan haha. If someone can confirm? (I’m also an applicant this cycle haha)

Your applications should be already submitted since deadlines for most law schools have passed. Once your fall grades are released, you will be sending your updated transcript to all the law schools you've applied to, except for Ontario, you will just send one to OLSAS.

You do a transcript request through OLSAS when fall grades are final. Do not send one to OLSAS. Complete the request for transcript through OLSAS and they will request it from your school then forward it to others. 

Wait until your fall grades are official and final (I.e not just send to you by a professor). Once they are official complete the request. 

Edited by LeoandCharlie
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, LeoandCharlie said:

You do a transcript request through OLSAS when fall grades are final. Do not send one to OLSAS. Complete the request for transcript through OLSAS and they will request it from your school then forward it to others. 

Wait until your fall grades are official and final (I.e not just send to you by a professor). Once they are official complete the request. 

how do I request transcripts through OLSAS?

Even when applying there was no transcripts request option in OLSAS - I had to request transcripts through my school and have it sent to OLSAS. 

16 hours ago, LeoandCharlie said:

Unless you're not in Ontario. If you're outside of Ontario, you get your school to send one to OLSAS.

Edited by castlepie
  • Like 2

On 12/19/2020 at 9:45 PM, LeoandCharlie said:

so it says that LOLSAS has received my transcript. But when I go to academic background my cGPA has not changed and the fall 2020 grades are not yet there. What shoudl I do

1 minute ago, hellothere123 said:

so it says that LOLSAS has received my transcript. But when I go to academic background my cGPA has not changed and the fall 2020 grades are not yet there. What shoudl I do

I contacted OLSAS about this yesterday. They said when it says received that means they have received the marks and the schools that you applied to will be receiving your marks within a few days of OLSAS receiving them. However, your cGPA and fall 2020 marks will not be visible until mid Feb on OLSAS.

3 minutes ago, hellothere123 said:

Mine is the same. There's a delay from when your transcript is marked "received" to when they update your OLSAS cGPA (same as there was in the fall for initial transcripts).

From what I've seen on this forum, it can take up to a few weeks to update. :)

Edited by harveyrspecter
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, yourfuturelawyer said:

I contacted OLSAS about this yesterday. They said when it says received that means they have received the marks and the schools that you applied to will be receiving your marks within a few days of OLSAS receiving them. However, your cGPA and fall 2020 marks will not be visible until mid Feb on OLSAS.

So my transcript has been received and my grades were updated 1-2 days ago on OLSAS. Can this mean that law schools have also received my updated cGPA? Or should I not get my hopes up lol

Edited by legallybound

2 hours ago, legallybound said:

So my transcript has been received and my grades were updated 1-2 days ago on OLSAS. Can this mean that law schools have also received my updated cGPA? Or should I not get my hopes up lol

^^^^^^

16 hours ago, legallybound said:

I am not 100% sure but I think you can assume that law schools have received your updated information.

On 12/20/2020 at 12:06 PM, castlepie said:

Unless you're not in Ontario. If you're outside of Ontario, you get your school to send one to OLSAS.

Did anyone else see that for students outside of ONT, our transcripts including courses completed in Dec 2020 must be sent in to OLSAS by Feb.1??

1 minute ago, AnnieMacRae said:

Did anyone else see that for students outside of ONT, our transcripts including courses completed in Dec 2020 must be sent in to OLSAS by Feb.1??

Yes, that's correct. An updated transcript for those still in undergrad is due today.

(Source: I'm a student from outside Ontario.)