Sign in to follow this  
Lawschl

How long until transcripts are labeled ‘received’

I am just wondering how long it typically took after sending transcripts for them to be marked as received on the applications portal?

I know at least one transcript (I have multiple from different schools) has been opened by admissions but that notification was over a week ago and it is still labeled as not received.

Just checking to see if this is normal and an effect of being busy, or if there has been some issue with my transcripts/attaching them to my account I should check into?

thanks and good luck to everyone! 

Well I mean, I uploaded my transcript of grades thus far and it was received like immediately. However, my LSAT (which I know they have) is still marked as not received, and they basically told me to be patient while they confirm/upload everything. If you mailed in an official transcript (I'm assuming you've graduated already) and you know they have it, I wouldn't worry.

Edited by castlepie

I thought we weren't supposed to send official transcripts until we were accepted. I have already graduated so should I have asked universities to send my official transcripts instead of uploading unofficial ones? It does still say action required on my app. I'm finding the USask application process slightly perplexing.  

Yeah it said to upload unofficial but mine didn't have the grade conversion on the back so I got my official one sent to the usask email. So they waived my unofficial ones and received the official one. I'm finding the process to seem slower than it looked like in 2019 and 2018 hopefully in the new year offers will start to go out

• Like 1

Thanks everyone! I was guessing it was a patience thing but wanted to make sure. For those asking, I have already graduated and didn’t have any option to upload my own unofficial transcripts, which is why I’ve been sending the official ones (hopefully this is correct and not a separate problem I have). 

• Like 1

I sent a transcript request to my University on December 22nd and my transcript is still marked as "Not Received". Did the OP end up having his transcript status change?

^I sent am email to them a couple days ago and the auto reply says they are closed for Christmas from Dec. 19 to Jan. 4.  So I guess it's normal if you don't see any status changes between these days? 

I have no insights from this cycle, but I have to say that last cycle, Sask was definitely the slowest of the (nine) schools I applied to in terms of processing time... for everything. They were the last school to admit me (three hours before my partner had to make a location decision for their own career!), even though it was the school where my numbers were most competitive.

All this simply to say - don't worry too much about delays like this; U of S seems to have a small admissions department and these things just take time. Don't let it affect your thoughts about your chances of admission. :D

-GM

• Like 2

Update incase anyone was following this, my transcripts were just labeled ‘received’ this evening! 

23 minutes ago, Lawschl said:

Update incase anyone was following this, my transcripts were just labeled ‘received’ this evening! 

Has anyone had any changes to their status mine has been complete for awhile just wondering what the next status is typically if it goes under review or straight to a decision? 

All of my supplemental items (excluding my official transcripts as it says not to submit unless you accept an offer) have been marked "Received" since November but my application status has said "Action Required" the entire time. I emailed admissions and they said that as long as the application is complete by Feb 1, supporting materials can follow. I'm guessing that means I'll still be considered, though I wasn't told if I was missing anything. Hope this helps anyone who might be in the same boat as me!

On 12/17/2020 at 10:58 AM, castlepie said:

Well I mean, I uploaded my transcript of grades thus far and it was received like immediately. However, my LSAT (which I know they have) is still marked as not received, and they basically told me to be patient while they confirm/upload everything. If you mailed in an official transcript (I'm assuming you've graduated already) and you know they have it, I wouldn't worry.

Update: my LSAT is finally marked as received lol!! (Oct 2020 LSAT) Still not all my references "Approved" but still are completed so I'm not worried