Jump to content
kloserzchen

Individual Consideration 2021-2022 Cycle

Recommended Posts

Hello all, any one who applied Robson Hall through IC this ( or in the past) want to share their story or tips? Or give some feedback on the chances of getting in? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Here is my background info:

  • International student came to Canada in 2011 for High school (Grade 12), English is my second language.
  • Struggled first couple years of University, tried to adapt the language and adjust life in Canada and in University
  • Completed 4 years Bsc double major in Biology and Anthropology. Tried to complete a BA Honours in Psychology, but was rushed out of University, because I have to work in order to get my  permanent residency in Canada
  • AGPA 3.3 (With 177 credit hours in 5 and half school years, Cs and Ds in the first twos years, mostly As in my last 2 years)
  • LSAT 160 (Oct 2020)
  • Recommendation letters from my volunteer supervisor (Children's hospital, current employer (A medical billing company), and my mentor (not from University, it is someone who knows me really well through my time in Canada and helped me greatly along the way)
  • Stated I want to get into Immigration law because of my personal experience and struggle. 

Any feedback and input would be greatly appreciate 

Thanks so much, stay safe and happy holidays!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jsm95 said:

Does anybody know when offers come out for interviews?

I'm betting this week or next week (based from previous threads).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did anyone get an email about interviews yet? This week seems oddly late to send those emails.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, MECM said:

Did anyone get an email about interviews yet? This week seems oddly late to send those emails.

I am guessing we will hear by the end of this or the start of next week. With no one needing to travel to the Campus for the interview, I don't think they need to send them as far in advance like last year. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JDG91 said:

Anyone hear anything yet? Nothing for me yet.

When I emailed Thursday, they let me know emails would be sent this upcoming week for interviews.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got the email for an interview. So they're coming!

I also asked for tips and types of questions, posted in the "Ask a Current Student Forum". However, if there is a separate forum that I just have not located yet, just let me know! Best of luck to everyone

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Rojachik said:

Just got the email for an interview. So they're coming!

I also asked for tips and types of questions, posted in the "Ask a Current Student Forum". However, if there is a separate forum that I just have not located yet, just let me know! Best of luck to everyone

Congrats!! From the past forums, it seems profile specific. But for sure know you should be able to answer “Why law?”.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That makes sense. So incredibly obvious, yet broad enough to feel daunting, or maybe it's just the nerves...or me haha Either way, thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got selected for the Interview process too. Super excited 😊

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rojachik said:

Just got the email for an interview. So they're coming!

I also asked for tips and types of questions, posted in the "Ask a Current Student Forum". However, if there is a separate forum that I just have not located yet, just let me know! Best of luck to everyone

What were your stats if you don't mind me asking?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Lsh92 said:

Got selected for the Interview process too. Super excited 😊

What were your stats if you don't mind me asking?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LSAT - 156  

GPA - average, sorry I never calculated my index

But work experience, 4 years as a licensed paralegal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got an email yesterday too. I was selected to be an "alternate" for an interview if someone declines. So please, someone decline. More importantly, I assume this means that everyone for the I.C. category has been emailed seeing as alternates were chosen as well. 

Moreover, I was told that I would be contact no later than March 3rd at 12:00pm CST if I were to receive an interview. If I do not hear back, I would not be interviewed. Interviews take place March 6th and 7th via an online platform. 

My stats:

AGPA: 3.95

LSAT: 159

Index: 76.39 (76.517)

I emailed them to ask if this means that I would not be accepted via the Index Category but they confirmed with me that this is not the case and I very well could receive an offer that way as well. "Should you not receive an offer through the Individual Consideration category, you can still be considered for the Index Category waitlist".

I also asked about my Index and they corrected me in my calculations and let me know that I have a 76.517.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, stephanpossin said:

I got an email yesterday too. I was selected to be an "alternate" for an interview if someone declines. So please, someone decline. More importantly, I assume this means that everyone for the I.C. category has been emailed seeing as alternates were chosen as well. 

Moreover, I was told that I would be contact no later than March 3rd at 12:00pm CST if I were to receive an interview. If I do not hear back, I would not be interviewed. Interviews take place March 6th and 7th via an online platform. 

My stats:

AGPA: 3.95

LSAT: 159

Index: 76.39 (76.517)

I emailed them to ask if this means that I would not be accepted via the Index Category but they confirmed with me that this is not the case and I very well could receive an offer that way as well. "Should you not receive an offer through the Individual Consideration category, you can still be considered for the Index Category waitlist".

I also asked about my Index and they corrected me in my calculations and let me know that I have a 76.517.

I emailed to ask about further interview emails going out yesterday afternoon, and they replied: 

"If you have not heard anything by the end of the day Friday, it means that you have not been selected for an interview."

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/23/2021 at 10:59 AM, stephanpossin said:

I got an email yesterday too. I was selected to be an "alternate" for an interview if someone declines. So please, someone decline. More importantly, I assume this means that everyone for the I.C. category has been emailed seeing as alternates were chosen as well. 

Moreover, I was told that I would be contact no later than March 3rd at 12:00pm CST if I were to receive an interview. If I do not hear back, I would not be interviewed. Interviews take place March 6th and 7th via an online platform. 

My stats:

AGPA: 3.95

LSAT: 159

Index: 76.39 (76.517)

I emailed them to ask if this means that I would not be accepted via the Index Category but they confirmed with me that this is not the case and I very well could receive an offer that way as well. "Should you not receive an offer through the Individual Consideration category, you can still be considered for the Index Category waitlist".

I also asked about my Index and they corrected me in my calculations and let me know that I have a 76.517.

I declined! Lol. Hope that opens up a spot for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...