ReeseWitherfork

How long does it take for Dal to recieve documents?

50 minutes ago, Paigegal said:

I'm in the same boat. Getting stressed now, lol. I applied November 18th, and nothing has been updated since then. I know everything has been submitted. I also emailed and they said the same three-week thing, but this has just been so much longer than three weeks now! Not sure if I should bother e-mailing again or just try to have trust in the system. 

I applied November 30, and my application was updated with everything showing up, including the correct dates that they were received, a week or so ago. I'm not really sure how they go about the order of looking at/processing apps so I'm not really sure. I haven't been told that my application is actually being processed yet, though. It's my understanding that once you get that email, your decision is just a couple days away. 

When did you email asking this? Is it too soon to perhaps email again, citing that you've heard that others who have applied earlier have already gotten their apps updated? Or are you worried about over-emailing?

1 hour ago, Paigegal said:

I applied November 18th, and nothing has been updated since then. I know everything has been submitted. I also emailed and they said the same three-week thing, but this has just been so much longer than three weeks now! Not sure if I should bother e-mailing again or just try to have trust in the system. 

I would give it some more time and just have some patience. You have to consider the hundreds of documents they have to process, sort through, organize, review, and then while doing so, admit new students and begin reviewing additional documents for scholarships. Definitely not fun waiting but I feel for the admission committee and their staff, it is a big task! 

24 minutes ago, planticus said:

I haven't been told that my application is actually being processed yet, though. It's my understanding that once you get that email, your decision is just a couple days away. 

Not necessarily, you can receive an e-mail saying your application is being reviewed but may wait weeks/months for a decision. Although it may be quick, I wouldn't bet on it. I would view that e-mail more as your file is complete and ready for review rather than it being reviewed with a decision imminently. 

2 hours ago, planticus said:

I applied November 30, and my application was updated with everything showing up, including the correct dates that they were received, a week or so ago. I'm not really sure how they go about the order of looking at/processing apps so I'm not really sure. I haven't been told that my application is actually being processed yet, though. It's my understanding that once you get that email, your decision is just a couple days away. 

When did you email asking this? Is it too soon to perhaps email again, citing that you've heard that others who have applied earlier have already gotten their apps updated? Or are you worried about over-emailing?

They gave me the "3 weeks" line way back in november, which is when I emailed, so I think I'm going to reach out now. Especially if other people who have applied later than me have had their applications updated! Thanks for the info, I'll be looking into it for sure.  

1 hour ago, BC1424 said:

I would give it some more time and just have some patience. You have to consider the hundreds of documents they have to process, sort through, organize, review, and then while doing so, admit new students and begin reviewing additional documents for scholarships. Definitely not fun waiting but I feel for the admission committee and their staff, it is a big task! 

Not necessarily, you can receive an e-mail saying your application is being reviewed but may wait weeks/months for a decision. Although it may be quick, I wouldn't bet on it. I would view that e-mail more as your file is complete and ready for review rather than it being reviewed with a decision imminently. 

I absolutely understand, it is a huge task! My concern now is that students who have applied after me have now gotten updates on their application and I haven't so I feel like I just want to ensure I'm not slipping through the cracks! Maybe I'll give it a bit more time. The waiting game is no fun! 

8 minutes ago, Paigegal said:

I absolutely understand, it is a huge task! My concern now is that students who have applied after me have now gotten updates on their application and I haven't so I feel like I just want to ensure I'm not slipping through the cracks! Maybe I'll give it a bit more time. The waiting game is no fun! 

Definitely but it also depends on when references and transcripts arrived which may also have been delayed by Canada Post (depends how your uni and referees submitted their reference). They have your application and your fee so I'm sure they have your file, but just working through the mountain of work. Plus, due to COVID-19, they likely do not have easy access to their offices/mail this year and working remotely slows everything down. Patience is key, don't read into others' application dates. 

I got an email earlier today saying my application has been received but all my documents have not - but I submitted all of them a while ago... Additionally, the checklist in the portal still hasn't updated. 

On 1/20/2021 at 7:54 PM, Paigegal said:

I'm in the same boat. Getting stressed now, lol. I applied November 18th, and nothing has been updated since then. I know everything has been submitted. I also emailed and they said the same three-week thing, but this has just been so much longer than three weeks now! Not sure if I should bother e-mailing again or just try to have trust in the system. 

Just an update, I e-mailed them earlier today. I haven't gotten any email stating that my application is under review, and most people who applied close to when i did got that email by the end of december. So I emailed today, no reply to the email yet but at least my dal online portal has been updated with everything. I feel like I just slipped through the cracks because everything was saying "incomplete items outstanding" when everything had been submitted three months ago. I don't regret e-mailing at all, because clearly something went wrong the first time. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Paigegal said:

Just an update, I e-mailed them earlier today. I haven't gotten any email stating that my application is under review, and most people who applied close to when i did got that email by the end of december. So I emailed today, no reply to the email yet but at least my dal online portal has been updated with everything. I feel like I just slipped through the cracks because everything was saying "incomplete items outstanding" when everything had been submitted three months ago. I don't regret e-mailing at all, because clearly something went wrong the first time. 

I applied later than you but not by too much (November 30) and I haven’t been told mine is under review yet either. But maybe they got a huge surge of applicants on the application’s due date. In another school’s thread I even saw someone who applied wayyyyyy later than me already get accepted! This stuff is so nerve wracking. Let us know what they say! Fingers crossed for you :) 

question: by this...

February 28

Final deadline to complete application

... is this inclusive of the document deadline as well? I can't find a standalone document deadline, so am I right in assuming it's Feb 28?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, castlepie said:

question: by this...

February 28

Final deadline to complete application

... is this inclusive of the document deadline as well? I can't find a standalone document deadline, so am I right in assuming it's Feb 28?

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that is just the final deadline to submit an application. Not necessarily the deadline for all the missing or incomplete documents to be uploaded. Because I think that the November 30th deadline was for scholarship consideration, so I think February 28th is the regular application deadline, if that makes sense? They do seem to be a bit cryptic on their website sometimes lol.

3 minutes ago, planticus said:

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that is just the final deadline to submit an application. Not necessarily the deadline for all the missing or incomplete documents to be uploaded. Because I think that the November 30th deadline was for scholarship consideration, so I think February 28th is the regular application deadline, if that makes sense? They do seem to be a bit cryptic on their website sometimes lol.

In that case, does anyone know the document deadline? Because I didn't have luck in finding it online. hopefully I just didn't look in the right place lol

Glad to hear I wasn't the only one. My application status also showed incomplete over the holidays. I followed up with all my references who all received "Reference confirmation emails". I followed up with the office and they confirmed receipt of everything and noted delay...remote working etc. This was back in December. 

I checked last night and my status still shows as incomplete. Waiting to hear back from them about this. 

1 hour ago, Rojachik said:

Glad to hear I wasn't the only one. My application status also showed incomplete over the holidays. I followed up with all my references who all received "Reference confirmation emails". I followed up with the office and they confirmed receipt of everything and noted delay...remote working etc. This was back in December. 

I checked last night and my status still shows as incomplete. Waiting to hear back from them about this. 

I think my application is complete but I still haven’t received any indication that they’re reviewing my file. I emailed them yesterday asking whether there were any documents they needed from me to make my app go under review but no word yet (I don’t think I’m missing any but I don’t wanna have a mishap happen where they overlook my file or somethjng.  😕 Fingers crossed for both of us!!

Any updates on this issue? I applied a little later than you folks but I haven't received any updates saying my application is under review nor has my portal updated (still only shows my application fee has been paid and my LSAT score has been updated). Mostly just concerned about my transcript being sent in on time- I don't trust the mailing system lol. 

6 hours ago, hopefullawstudent2 said:

Any updates on this issue? I applied a little later than you folks but I haven't received any updates saying my application is under review nor has my portal updated (still only shows my application fee has been paid and my LSAT score has been updated). Mostly just concerned about my transcript being sent in on time- I don't trust the mailing system lol. 

I am also at this point. I applied in early Feb and it only shows my LSAT and fee. I know both of my references have sent in their letters via email (one on Feb 8 and the other on Feb 12) and I requested my transcript be sent in early Feb as well. I hate this unknown because I would hate to not be considered over something like this taking too long to update lol

• Like 2