Jump to content
cat123

Ready for Review (2021)

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, lawhopeful438 said:

I received an email telling me a decision had been made and that I would receive an official decision letter at 8pm tonight. 

Hi- what category did you apply under? Mature or University? Thanks and congrats on the UdeM acceptance and McGill waitlist!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, VictorG said:

Hi- what category did you apply under? Mature or University? Thanks and congrats on the UdeM acceptance and McGill waitlist!

I applied under university (just finished my BA), completely bilingual, no LSAT, 3.83 GPA but near perfect GPA for my last 3 years, and then mediocre ECs and letters of recommendation (I have pretty severe social anxiety so talking to profs was not my forte lol). Thank you and good luck to you!! ☺️ 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does the emergence of the waitlist itself imply that they have already filled up all of their spots for the class already? I am leaning towards the answer being no because I have heard in this forum and others that acceptances are given out until the months of June and July and potentially even beyond. However, what was not made clear previously was whether those acceptances were from the waitlist or if they were directly from RFR. I am still an RFR hopeful myself but I would like to get a sense of what to expect going forward. I am thinking of drafting a letter of intent if waitlisted and I want to get it out ASAP if I can. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, harry290 said:

Does the emergence of the waitlist itself imply that they have already filled up all of their spots for the class already? I am leaning towards the answer being no because I have heard in this forum and others that acceptances are given out until the months of June and July and potentially even beyond. However, what was not made clear previously was whether those acceptances were from the waitlist or if they were directly from RFR. I am still an RFR hopeful myself but I would like to get a sense of what to expect going forward. I am thinking of drafting a letter of intent if waitlisted and I want to get it out ASAP if I can. 

Tough to say- we have not seen any non-indigenous/non-reapplicant mature applicants receive an interview or admission offer yet, although we have seen 2 waves of mature refusals. I am thinking may now see some mature admits to round out the class and then waitlist offers for all other categories (uni, cegep, indigenous), then mature waitlistings.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, VictorG said:

Tough to say- we have not seen any non-indigenous/non-reapplicant mature applicants receive an interview or admission offer yet, although we have seen 2 waves of mature refusals. I am thinking may now see some mature admits to round out the class and then waitlist offers for all other categories (uni, cegep, indigenous), then mature waitlistings.

 

Well, that is not exactly good news for a University Applicant like me, but I appreciate the insight. Thank you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone! To begin, I was wondering whether or not any cegep students are still on Ready for Review? To continue, I was also wondering whether there are any cegep  students that have been waitlisted or rejected? I am a cegep student still on Ready for Review and I feel as though it does not foreshadow good news for me considering it is already May. Hopefully we all receive good news soon, fingers crossed 🤞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know if its worth uploading the grades I’ve received from this semester (my last), considering it boosts my cGPA?

 

Although, I have not received all of them yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GMK8998 said:

Does anyone know if its worth uploading the grades I’ve received from this semester (my last), considering it boosts my cGPA?

 

Although, I have not received all of them yet.

definitely a good idea if it boosts your gpa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/4/2021 at 8:12 PM, futurelawyer02 said:

Hi everyone! To begin, I was wondering whether or not any cegep students are still on Ready for Review? To continue, I was also wondering whether there are any cegep  students that have been waitlisted or rejected? I am a cegep student still on Ready for Review and I feel as though it does not foreshadow good news for me considering it is already May. Hopefully we all receive good news soon, fingers crossed 🤞

I'm also a CEGEP student, still on ready for review...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/4/2021 at 8:12 PM, futurelawyer02 said:

Hi everyone! To begin, I was wondering whether or not any cegep students are still on Ready for Review? To continue, I was also wondering whether there are any cegep  students that have been waitlisted or rejected? I am a cegep student still on Ready for Review and I feel as though it does not foreshadow good news for me considering it is already May. Hopefully we all receive good news soon, fingers crossed 🤞

But I know that they already started rejecting CEGEP students a while ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/4/2021 at 8:12 PM, futurelawyer02 said:

Hi everyone! To begin, I was wondering whether or not any cegep students are still on Ready for Review? To continue, I was also wondering whether there are any cegep  students that have been waitlisted or rejected? I am a cegep student still on Ready for Review and I feel as though it does not foreshadow good news for me considering it is already May. Hopefully we all receive good news soon, fingers crossed 🤞

still on waitlist :(( hope we hear from them soon, whether it be admission, rejection, or waitlist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Eythalaw said:

But I know that they already started rejecting CEGEP students a while ago.

If my grades weren't good enough, would they have rejected me already?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, kingxibal said:

If my grades weren't good enough, would they have rejected me already?

I honestly I have no idea... They have a holistic approach. I know that someone got in with an r-score around 33 already. Personally my grades are not good at all so I'm not sure it's a good sign that I'm still on ready for review. I think I should expect a rejection soon. But again, I don't know...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, kingxibal said:

still on waitlist :(( hope we hear from them soon, whether it be admission, rejection, or waitlist

you're on the CEGEP waitlist? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/4/2021 at 8:12 PM, futurelawyer02 said:

Hi everyone! To begin, I was wondering whether or not any cegep students are still on Ready for Review? To continue, I was also wondering whether there are any cegep  students that have been waitlisted or rejected? I am a cegep student still on Ready for Review and I feel as though it does not foreshadow good news for me considering it is already May. Hopefully we all receive good news soon, fingers crossed 🤞

Cegep student still on ready for review... apparently they contacted several cegep student for an interview this week

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hard to believe it is mid-May and  it appears there have not been any non-indigenous/non-reapplicant mature category admits, waitlists or even interviews! This is really going to get down to the wire. As far as I'm concerned, RFR at this point still has a good chance of Accepted/Waitlist as we made it through the first and second waves of mature refusals, but who knows.

We have waited almost 7 months so another few weeks won't kill us, right?! Good luck too all of us that are still in the game!

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, VictorG said:

Hard to believe it is mid-May and  it appears there have not been any non-indigenous/non-reapplicant mature category admits, waitlists or even interviews! This is really going to get down to the wire. As far as I'm concerned, RFR at this point still has a good chance of Accepted/Waitlist as we made it through the first and second waves of mature refusals, but who knows.

We have waited almost 7 months so another few weeks won't kill us, right?! Good luck too all of us that are still in the game!

 

Going based off some posts from last year I think we'll hear some more waitlist/rejections/acceptances by the last two weeks of may! I guess this makes sense especially because it's likely that by then everyone's marks from the Winter 2021 semester will probably be posted and available for admissions to look at. agreed though this wait is horrible

  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are there any other University applicants who are still RFR? I feel like I’m one of the only ones and it’s mostly mature/cegep left, but I could be wrong.. either way, this wait is killing me! I feel your pain

Edited by illegallybrunette
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, illegallybrunette said:

Are there any other University applicants who are still RFR? I feel like I’m one of the only ones and it’s mostly mature/cegep left, but I could be wrong.. either way, this wait is killing me! I feel your pain

I’m a uni applicant from mcgill still waiting! Hopefully we hear soon. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, VictorG said:

Hard to believe it is mid-May and  it appears there have not been any non-indigenous/non-reapplicant mature category admits, waitlists or even interviews! This is really going to get down to the wire. As far as I'm concerned, RFR at this point still has a good chance of Accepted/Waitlist as we made it through the first and second waves of mature refusals, but who knows.

We have waited almost 7 months so another few weeks won't kill us, right?! Good luck too all of us that are still in the game!

 

Haha yes, what’s just a few more weeks eh? Was just thinking yesterday that it’s going on month number 7 of waiting lol 

2 hours ago, illegallybrunette said:

Are there any other University applicants who are still RFR? I feel like I’m one of the only ones and it’s mostly mature/cegep left, but I could be wrong.. either way, this wait is killing me! I feel your pain

Same here, university applicant and still RFR. Again same, wait is killing me as well and grateful to still possibly have a chance!

We got this!! 🤞

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...