cat123

Ready for Review (2021)

2 hours ago, legaldeloi said:

Happy Spongebob Squarepants GIF

It's like looking in a mirror.... Facebook group is at 108 members, so I don't know how reflective that is on the number of places, but I would put a conservative estimate of 10-20 for Mature and General students at this point. Anybody know about the status of their assessment of the CEGEP applications?

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, harry290 said:

It's like looking in a mirror.... Facebook group is at 108 members, so I don't know how reflective that is on the number of places, but I would put a conservative estimate of 10-20 for Mature and General students at this point. Anybody know about the status of their assessment of the CEGEP applications?

I wouldn't use those numbers to reflect the total number of admitted students at this point. Someone else mentioned previous years having 300-400 group members so there might be a bit of wiggle room. Something I have done to keep my mind at ease is plan for the worst case scenario (which is not getting in). Having a plan in place gave me peace of mind. The suspense provoked my anxiety but the uncertainty with what happens next is what fuels it. In attempting to figure that out, there have been significant decrease in worry :) 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, harry290 said:

If it's any relief, a good 8-10 members are current students who are there to help answer questions. Also, consider the fact that not everyone will accept McGill. Going by past years, acceptance are given out well into May and beyond.

Hang in there! I wish you the best of luck :)

Edited by AngstyUndergrad123
  • Like 4

hi everyone! I'm wondering if it would be appropriate to call the admissions office to get any news? just to ask how long of a wait it will be till we hear anything from them? this wait is honestly extremely frustrating, and it just isn't fair to put so many students in this kind of a situation, especially during these stressful times. Idk. this post is a half rant/half question. lol

looking at past threads, some people have had to wait well into the first week of September, which is just absurd and disrespectful of the admissions office to do. like I get they're busy, but people need to plan out their lives. SORRY FOR THE RANT. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, randomchoices said:

hi everyone! I'm wondering if it would be appropriate to call the admissions office to get any news? just to ask how long of a wait it will be till we hear anything from them? this wait is honestly extremely frustrating, and it just isn't fair to put so many students in this kind of a situation, especially during these stressful times. Idk. this post is a half rant/half question. lol

looking at past threads, some people have had to wait well into the first week of September, which is just absurd and disrespectful of the admissions office to do. like I get they're busy, but people need to plan out their lives. SORRY FOR THE RANT. 

still on RFR so i'm in the same boat, but honestly I don't think reaching out to them will do anything to speed up the process. McGill even says on their website that waitlist opens in May, they try to have answers given to everyone by end of June (meaning you'd know rejected/waitlist/accepted). I honestly think that admissions offices, for all schools, do try to be as quick as possible and do the best they can (but maybe i'm being too optimistic lol)

anyway, idk if reaching out will do anything but i sympathize with your frustration

• Like 3

21 hours ago, randomchoices said:

Hey! I totally feel your pain, waiting on UOttawa, McGill and York, however all of their offices are closed now and they’re working from home, so you won’t get an answer. I called and that’s what happened and then I decided to send an email. If you send an email you’ll get the standard response of “can’t disclose information about your application” and that admission offers are still made until the end of June. We’re all in the same boat and I agree that it’s ridiculous to have to wait this long when getting accepted is going to change your life and big financial decisions have to be made, etc. It is what it is, I guess...🤷‍♀️ At least that’s what I’m trying to tell myself 😂

• Like 5

Just confirming- have there been any MATURE acceptances that were not re-applicants or indigenous as of yet? I don't believe we have seen any.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, VictorG said:

Just confirming- have there been any MATURE acceptances that were not re-applicants or indigenous as of yet? I don't believe we have seen any.

Mature here, still RFR. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, cat123 said:

Mature here, still RFR. 

Im assuming no interview call either? I haven't heard a peep from Mcgill since submitting last year.

1 hour ago, VictorG said:

Im assuming no interview call either? I haven't heard a peep from Mcgill since submitting last year.

Same here. No interview either. I hope we hear back soon! 🤞

• Like 2

Waitlisted today!

GPA 3.83 from McGill. Not too upset cause I've already accepted UdeM just in case :) I have accepted my place on the waitlist.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, lawhopeful438 said:

Waitlisted today!

GPA 3.83 from McGill. Not too upset cause I've already accepted UdeM just in case :) I have accepted my place on the waitlist.

Were you notified by email? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cat123 said:

Were you notified by email? 

I received an email telling me a decision had been made and that I would receive an official decision letter at 8pm tonight. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, lawhopeful438 said:

Waitlisted today!

Do you know what your position is?

40 minutes ago, lawhopeful438 said:

I received an email telling me a decision had been made and that I would receive an official decision letter at 8pm tonight. 

Does this mean they are sending a mass update at that time? 

30 minutes ago, nocturnalrelativism said:

pretty sure mcgill waitlist is not ranked!

Yes, you are right, got this from FAQ:

A candidate will be offered a place on the waitlist if the application file is admissible, but there are no available spots remaining in the class. There is no ranking of waitlisted candidacies. The decision "Waiting List" and the official letter will be available in Minerva for all candidates placed on the waitlist.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, legaldeloi said:

Does this mean they are sending a mass update at that time? 

No, I don't think so. It just means that I can download the official decision letter after 8pm. 

• Like 2