cat123

Ready for Review (2021)

Posting for my friend without an account:  “my application status was ready for review last week, but this week I have outstanding documents: official transcripts and proof of degree completion (which is weird because I'm still in fourth year). I haven’t received any emails from McGill asking for these documents. Does anyone know what this means?”

• Like 1

Hi All - Since you're all at the edge of your seats waiting, I thought this info might be useful for you - I am a deferred student (admitted last year) waiting for a new admissions letter. I was in touch with Admissions Office this week and they told me that they are having some technical issues that is causing some delays, so that may be a reason why offers haven't gone out yet (compared to similar timing last year).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, legallybland said:

Posting for my friend without an account:  “my application status was ready for review last week, but this week I have outstanding documents: official transcripts and proof of degree completion (which is weird because I'm still in fourth year). I haven’t received any emails from McGill asking for these documents. Does anyone know what this means?”

Did your friend upload their official transcript when they were applying. it seems like they did if they went into RFR. I'm also a fourth year but have uploaded all my documents and it still says RFR. They have also not sent anything about degree completion. Might be a glitch and they should contact McGill?

4 minutes ago, Mar27beth said:

Did your friend upload their official transcript when they were applying. it seems like they did if they went into RFR. I'm also a fourth year but have uploaded all my documents and it still says RFR. They have also not sent anything about degree completion. Might be a glitch and they should contact McGill?

Yes she uploaded everything the application required, it was an unofficial transcript but it said an official transcript would not be requested until an offer was made (and an offer has not been made). 

4 minutes ago, legallybland said:

Yes she uploaded everything the application required, it was an unofficial transcript but it said an official transcript would not be requested until an offer was made (and an offer has not been made). 

Weird! I also don't think they would request it over the system. I feel like they would request it by email but I could be wrong. Best bet is to email McGill I think.

23 hours ago, rio said:

Initial offers went out early December in 2019. Some of us may hear this week (hopefully)!

I think we also need to bear in mind that at this time last year, they were not working from home and following their regular timelines and procedures from the office. Now that they are still working remotely, it may take some additional time. Hoping some of us do hear from them soon!

Hey I was just wondering if anyone else now sees items outstanding! Ironically after answering legallybland's question my account now says the exact same thing with items outstanding asking for official transcript (which I already submitted) and proof of degree completion. 

edit: it also does not let me upload those documents myself kind of like the reference letters which needed to be sent in.

Edited by Mar27beth

21 minutes ago, Mar27beth said:

Hey I was just wondering if anyone else now sees items outstanding! Ironically after answering legallybland's question my account now says the exact same thing with items outstanding asking for official transcript (which I already submitted) and proof of degree completion. 

None for me! just RFR.

Good luck!!! We got this 🙌

• Like 3

Seems like they have sorted out their technical issues and admissions letter are coming through now, mine included :-) Good luck everyone!

• Like 4

Am I the only one refreshing the acceptance thread :(? Anyone knows if we foresee updates post holiday break? 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

cover2.jpg

edit: oh my bad, i thought this was a new thread for some reason even though i already posted on it 🥴

image still applies though!

Edited by lolschool
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, lolschool said:

cover2.jpg

edit: oh my bad, i thought this was a new thread for some reason even though i already posted on it 🥴

image still applies though!

Hey, this is a bilingual program!

239.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

I'm still waiting on McGill's decision :) I'm sure next week or a bit later we will start hearing from some of the applicants who are on this forum getting admitted. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, cat123 said:

Am I the only one refreshing the acceptance thread :(? Anyone knows if we foresee updates post holiday break? 

Still RFR here too, and checking/refreshing e-mail, forum and Minerva regularly as well.

I know someone who received a response late January last year, I imagine more offers should go out soon 🤞

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Andrea853 said:

Still RFR here too, and checking/refreshing e-mail, forum and Minerva regularly as well.

I know someone who received a response late January last year, I imagine more offers should go out soon 🤞

There had been acceptances in February too. March is primarily for Cegep but if the cegep applicants aren’t that competitive, they will accept regular/mature applicants.. if it’s end of January and you haven’t received your acceptance letter, I wouldn’t worry too much! End of Feb - maybe I would. 

• Like 2

Anyone else worried about the fact that so far they’ve only accepted people who wrote the lsat lol??

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lawskl123 said:

Anyone else worried about the fact that so far they’ve only accepted people who wrote the lsat lol??

yup!! I'm with no LSAT - are you as well? I read that in general, in the past, they would accept about 100 people without LSAT. Also bunch of people (on this forum) who got admitted to McGill also got admitted elsewhere and some said they would be accepting their offers elsewhere. So here's hoping that this month and next month we will see more people with no LSAT. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, polilegal said:

yup!! I'm with no LSAT - are you as well? I read that in general, in the past, they would accept about 100 people without LSAT. Also bunch of people (on this forum) who got admitted to McGill also got admitted elsewhere and some said they would be accepting their offers elsewhere. So here's hoping that this month and next month we will see more people with no LSAT. 

I’m with no LSAT too! I’m worried because I looked at the 2020 acceptance thread and they hadn’t accepted even close to this many people with the lsat by this time last year — I wonder if this means that this year is extra competitive.. But yeah I saw the same thing and I also think that a lot of people who wrote the lsat will be accepting offers elsewhere. Fingers crossed!!

• Like 1

I don’t think it’s extra competitive this year specifically for McGill as not a lot of people actually speak and comprehend French. But I would agree with maybe a slight increase in applications, but again, it doesn’t mean they all have amazing stats and volunteering/work experience. We’ve got this! 

• Like 2

Reading the thread, I am honestly starting to freak out because I did not receive an email from them yet and I wrote the LSAT. But my score was pretty bad. My GPA is really borderline but I have an amazing personal statement, resume and letters of reference. So to everyone on the thread that are stressed, I hope this makes you feel better, because I am sure your stats are way better than mine !

I am thinking maybe I should start applying elsewhere? Because I only applied to McGill. I just can’t afford to pay for another application right now (COVID ruined everything) . So it will feel great to know if I am already rejected (or not). Do you guys think I should send them an email inquiring an update on my application? Should I wait? Is there even still hope ?😂