cat123

Ready for Review (2021)

How many of us are still RFR? I am one. Last year by this time seen offers coming in.

• Like 1

round II: let's goooooooooooo

3 minutes ago, habsfan99 said:

Is it supposed to change from RFR if they're actively viewing our applications?

nah, no intermediate status

for most of us it'll be RFR for many, many months

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, lolschool said:

round II: let's goooooooooooo

nah, no intermediate status

for most of us it'll be RFR for many, many months

Last year Dec 06 I seen offers coming in. And here we are today Dec 09 not a word. 

Many, many months...anxiety is killing me, ha! 

• Sad 2

6 minutes ago, CarletonChonkers said:

Also in RFR, starting to wonder when the first offers will start going out.

Last year Dec 06 I seen offers coming in. And here we are today Dec 09 not a word.

I wonder if Pandemic/work from home situation may have delayed the offer communications.. 

16 minutes ago, habsfan99 said:

I am! Is it supposed to change from RFR if they're actively viewing our applications?

Previous threads mention, they would email us of any sort of communications. Patiently waiting for an email. Let's goo! 

6 minutes ago, cat123 said:

I wonder if Pandemic/work from home situation may have delayed the offer communications.. 

If I remember correctly they said to be patient at one of the information sessions as they will have to adjust to working from home. It's understandable, but I just wish we had a bit more communication about the process without having to contact them.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, cat123 said:

Previous threads mention, they would email us of any sort of communications. Patiently waiting for an email. Let's goo! 

Can confirm they will definitely send an email. I'm in my undergrad at McGill and when I was accepted to my current program I remember receiving an email (good times lol)

• Like 1

I got an email from them on Dec 2 asking me to attach unofficial transcripts for my French non-credit classes, so I know they’re reviewing our applications but I’m so impatient! :D 

• Like 3

Probably half of the McGill threads include posters stating that you will be RFR until a decision is made, December admits are rare, and most people start hearing things in late January/early February, and will keep rolling. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

just confirming that it will say RFR until you get an email that theres an update to your minerva status... that could be anywhere between now and July lol. I was only informed of being waitlisted last year in May, and then got a final decision at the end of August! be patient, you'll hear in due time :)

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Idk I just see a line that says "Applications processed and under review". I submitted mid October. In early November I was contacted by a McGill admissions officer asking if I planned to finish my undergraduate degree before next year (I'm in third year). Otherwise, I have heard nothing from them. All we can do is wait I guess...

Edited by lawapplier123
  • Like 1

Seems like most schools across Canada had already started accepting applicants. As long as someone writes in the Accepted 2021 forum soon - I will relax as I would know that the process has already begun. :D 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, polilegal said:

Seems like most schools across Canada had already started accepting applicants. As long as someone writes in the Accepted 2021 forum soon - I will relax as I would know that the process has already begun. :D 

Totally. All I am waiting for is someone opens the Accepted 2021 thread. Praying for all. 

The waiting game is on!! Let's go....!

• Like 1

On 12/10/2020 at 4:46 PM, Andrea853 said:

Also RFR, and given the feedback from last year, we will all be in RFR for a while 😊

So true. Looking at how long people were on RFR/ waiting list last year on the forums actually terrifies me. I'd rather they just send a rejection right away but I guess that is the name of the game. Good luck to everyone!

• Like 3

Initial offers went out early December in 2019. Some of us may hear this week (hopefully)!

• Like 4