seabisque

Waves plus...Waves Incoming!!!.... next week

1 minute ago, yorkshire said:

They just called to accept me so it’s happening guys (accepted thread isn’t unlocked yet to post this there)

CONGRATS

Just now, CarletonChonkers said:

Well there goes all my productivity today lol

The wait is agonizing 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, yorkshire said:

They just called to accept me so it’s happening guys (accepted thread isn’t unlocked yet to post this there)

CONGRATS! 

side note: did you also get the Dec11 Email?

13 minutes ago, futureellewoods said:

Not sure if this warrants a new thread or not, so I'm just putting this here -- did anyone else just get an email about a new blog post, but then the tumblr doesn't have any new posts? 

I got the email as well, it says that they have a new post today about the Round 1 decision date. Also didn't see any new post on Tumblr tho...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ArthurShelby said:

do we think they are done calls for today, or will make them all day?

Someone just posted in the accepted thread that they just got the call now... there goes my ability to focus on my exams for the rest of the day (and next week..) 😆

• Like 1

Can someone that was accepted earlier today tell us if the Caller ID was private, or share the last four digits of the number? I’m answering spam calls in the hopes that it’s U of T 😩

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, honeydijon said:

Can someone that was accepted earlier today tell us if the Caller ID was private, or share the last four digits of the number? I’m answering spam calls in the hopes that it’s U of T 😩

Not private— it showed as being from toronto and ended in 7875! Hope you hear back soon

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, yorkshire said:

Not private— it showed as being from toronto and ended in 7875! Hope you hear back soon

That’s helpful, thank you! And congratulations on your acceptance!! 

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Recent Posts

• I was accepted by Western this cycle with with a 3.08 cGPA and a 3.65 L2 (and a 167 LSAT). Mind you, I also have 2 masters degrees and got an A- average in both (both were course-based). I think cGPA does matter, but they account for how long ago your undergrad was and what you've done since then, and whether you've proved that you could probably do better if you were given another chance (and ergo succeed in law school). 
    • Hi, are there any LLM applicants for the year 2021/2022 who received an admission e mail from Dalhousie? My application was completed on 31st March 2021 and waiting for a reply from the University. Just wondering whether any one of you guys have an update.    Thank you!!!
    • There are a lot of municipalities in Canada. City of Toronto hires a few articling students (most of their lawyers are former articling students and they rarely hire from outside though), along with Region of Peel, York Region, and some others I've seen. For federal government, there is only really the DOJ Legal Excellence Program. The municipalities also hire junior lawyers and I've seen quite a few postings in York Region and the surrounding areas. The process is a lot faster than the federal government which can take over a year from the time you apply. The federal government rarely hires junior lawyers outside of its articling students and federal court clerks. And you often see mid-level lawyers applying for LP-01 positions with the federal government and going through a written exam and interview processes just to end up in a waiting pool. I know people who applied in 2019 for the most recent DOJ LP-01 recruitment process and were put into a waiting pool which is scheduled to expire soon, after which point you have to apply all over again. So getting your foot in the door is a lot harder than it is for municipal and provincial. Certainly, getting into provincial is easier than municipal as there are a lot more legal positions available as well. 
    • Hey I'm a bit late here but I can give you my personal experience. It is quit the contrary of what your expectations seem to be. I did 3 years CEGEP and a 4 year Undergrad (just because I took my time). I spent some time managing a restaurant, then started a law certificate in the evening, then law school. I thought I would be disadvantaged because my background was so far away form the classic path to Biglaw. I will be 28 when graduating. I just did my Course aux stages and got 4 offers, while having a 3.65 GPA. First, they don't care about your age. If you have done anything productive in the past 10 years, it will be a great advantage to you in the interviews, because you might have more to say than anyone else. Find a way to highlight your maturity/leadership or whatever it is you have developed while others were in high school. I had a lot of misconceptions about a supposed prejudice towards older candidates, but I can assure you they don't really care. Get involved in whatever gets you going and be passionate about something. Good luck!