seabisque

Waves plus...Waves Incoming!!!.... next week

2 minutes ago, elcs said:

Enjoy the silence while it lasts, we'll freak out A LOT more once some people starts getting offers but the rest still waiting.

Haha that's true, I've been wondering which type of waiting is worse lol. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, arobbins23 said:

Exactly!!! I've kept my phone on full volume 24/7. The unknown is killing me!!!

For the first time in years I actually answered a blocked call today. 

Plz u of t, plz

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, CarletonChonkers said:

Plz u of t, plz

In the middle of a class my phone rang and I straight up was like "I NEED TO GET THAT" in the middle of my thought... then I had to explain to my prof that it was just a duct cleaner lolol

• Haha 6

3 minutes ago, CarletonChonkers said:

Plz u of t, plz

HAHA literally me taking my phone off silent for the first time in years

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give Wave ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Good luck to you all! Keep in mind that, in the end, where you go to law school does not define you. 

If you eventually receive the phone call this week, then I offer my sincere congratulations. 

If not, then don't give up just yet. There are still two more chances left in this cycle. In the worst case scenario, there are still many different paths for you out there. Everyone will have a place that they belong in. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, RunItDownMid said:

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give Wave ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Good luck to you all! Keep in mind that, in the end, where you go to law school does not define you. 

If you eventually receive the phone call this week, then I offer my sincere congratulations. 

If not, then don't give up just yet. There are still two more chances left in this cycle. In the worst case scenario, there are still many different paths for you out there. Everyone will have a place that they belong in. 

Just wondering, is it certain the first offers begin sometime this week?

Just now, tornyc said:

Historically, offers should be given around this time. But there's no guarantee it will be the same this year. 

• Like 1

Just now, tornyc said:

As mentioned earlier in the thread, none of us are certain; we are just basing our guesses off when they did first round last year and in other previous years.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, zxcvbnm said:

Thank you for the laughs Gen Z. You all are truly something else. 

Interesting observation. If we assume K-JD, we would be among the last set of millennials and the first set of Zoomers. I think that explains a lot lmao

see:

640px-Generation_timeline.svg.png

Edited by CarletonChonkers
Graphic
  • Like 1

I didn’t apply to UofT but wanna help anyways!

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give Wave ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

• Like 1

Side question- anyone thinking that there may not be calls this year if the committee is working remotely? I’ve had my ringer on for days but maybe there’s only going to be acceptance notifications via email? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, legallybl0nde said:

Side question- anyone thinking that there may not be calls this year if the committee is working remotely? I’ve had my ringer on for days but maybe there’s only going to be acceptance notifications via email? 

It's very much possible. We keep assuming that the future is like the past but we have to remember that we are living in an unprecedented time.

I know this is the last thing we may want to hear but I think we have to accept that the cycle is most likely going to be running late this year. For example, U of T's 2017 first round came out in January and I would argue that there is much more to justify or explain a delay this year compared to back then. 

2 minutes ago, CarletonChonkers said:

It's very much possible. We keep assuming that the future is like the past but we have to remember that we are living in an unprecedented time.

I know this is the last thing we may want to hear but I think we have to accept that the cycle is most likely going to be running late this year. For example, U of T's 2017 first round came out in January and I would argue that there is much more to justify or explain a delay this year compared to back then. 

My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, CarletonChonkers said:

Great point, this truly is an unprecedented time. Only thing that makes me doubt that round 1 will be super delayed is that in the application confirmation email UofT sent in October, they wrote that they expect the first round of acceptances to occur in early December. Hopefully they’re still on track with a timeline close to that!

• Like 4

They might also be trying to include some of the November LSAT scores into consideration, hence why they requested the score reports for those without a current score on file, but wrote the Nov LSAT.

I don’t know though... I’m going insane :) 

crazy family guy GIF

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, GirlIKnow said:

They might also be trying to include some of the November LSAT scores into consideration, hence why they requested the score reports for those without a current score on file, but wrote the Nov LSAT.

I don’t know though... I’m going insane :) 

crazy family guy GIF

Nah, I wrote my LSAT in July and did not intend to write any more LSATs, they still requested my LSAT scores, tho mine was already on file.