Jump to content
Candleholder3

When do admissions start?

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, confusedstudent said:

Not what I wanted to hear with my 241.6 index lol. Anyways, is the wave really coming tomorrow? If so, best of luck to everyone.

It's all just guesswork so don't let it get you down.

And again, thats just my best guess lol. I think it was 3 weeks friday since the last wave, so, I expect one this week for sure.

Edited by Borker
spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Borker said:

It's all just guesswork so don't let it get you down.

And again, thats just my best guess lol. I think it was 3 weeks friday since the last wave, so, I expect one this week for sure.

I really hope you're right, I feel like I have been staring at a perpetual loading screen for the last three weeks. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, raybens said:

I really hope you're right, I feel like I have been staring at a perpetual loading screen for the last three weeks. 

 

The phrase, "An updated status will be posted here when it is available" has been burned into the back of my eyelids in that sick, green text.

  • Like 4
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

they should tell people that refreshing the page drops you down in queue... then at least we could remember how it felt to live normal lives while we wait. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Borker said:

It's all just guesswork so don't let it get you down.

And again, thats just my best guess lol. I think it was 3 weeks friday since the last wave, so, I expect one this week for sure.

Just to add to your speculation, the dean's welcome is on the 18th. Maybe there will be another wave in the coming days to accommodate that.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, maranta said:

Just to add to your speculation, the dean's welcome is on the 18th. Maybe there will be another wave in the coming days to accommodate that.

Great point

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, lawstudent28375654 said:

This application season has aged me like a president.

It's the result of being stick in a limbo and not knowing what your fall/summer will look like. I think they could theoretically do it all in one wave but they're probably super understaffed, especially after all of the cuts. I was curious what their immediate impact would be but I think I'm getting a taste of it now. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, toastedguac said:

It's the result of being stick in a limbo and not knowing what your fall/summer will look like. I think they could theoretically do it all in one wave but they're probably super understaffed, especially after all of the cuts. I was curious what their immediate impact would be but I think I'm getting a taste of it now. 

I don't know if this can really be attributed to the cuts. U of C was also affected and they've been admitting and waitlisting people mostly normally. I think COVID's just slowed everyone down. I applied to USask as well and they took very long to get back to me too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I just declined my offer so that should free up at least one spot for any of you who haven't heard back yet. 

With my admission was an entrance scholarship so that will be sent to someone else who hasn't received one already.

Good luck to you all!

Edited by Petterzone
on -> one
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Folks are getting in today that realistically could have gotten in two waves ago. I have no idea how they're ordering index score combinations / applications, but it'll work itself out in the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheMidnightOil said:

Folks are getting in today that realistically could have gotten in two waves ago. I have no idea how they're ordering index score combinations / applications, but it'll work itself out in the end.

Yeah sorry about your theory blowing up.

The lowest we've seen is about 246 I think. If you're above that and don't eventually get an offer, something is very very wrong.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also think it's within the realm of possibility that the weightings used to calculate the index have changed. Less weight given to LSAT because of FLEX and highest write, for example.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, dalpaengi said:

Yeah sorry about your theory blowing up.

The lowest we've seen is about 246 I think. If you're above that and don't eventually get an offer, something is very very wrong.

Heh, with a 247.1, I don't know whether to find this concerning or reassuring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, TheMidnightOil said:

Heh, with a 247.1, I don't know whether to find this concerning or reassuring.

i think i remember you saying previously you have a lower lsat but a higher gpa (Correct me if i'm wrong), but i honestly wouldn't be concerned if i were you, especially if theyve changed the weighting for the index to consider GPA with more weight than lsat

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Then again, the index has never been official, just something reversed engineered by a rando on the internet.

Truly, who knows wtf UofA is doing at this point?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The idea the indexing system they seem to use has been reweighted because of covid is absolutely without any type of basis, as is the idea the flex made lsat scores higher.
 

If you compare the percentile on 2020 lsat scores to percentiles from previous years the same score is just about the same percentile or actually even higher than it would have been for 2019 in my case. If the test got easier the percentiles also would have markedly changed which they didn’t. 
 

The reason there are far more people with high scores is that far more people took the lsat this year, and far more Canadians applied to law school this year. This is a cycle with unprecedented competition, that’s all you can conclude from what people have been posting. 

Edited by splittinrocks
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...