Candleholder3

When do admissions start?

Has anyone emailed the law clerk with this question? I wanted to check here first to see if anyone has... I don't want to add to the overwhelming amount of emails they're probably experiencing rn. 😂

I've been checking every day, multiple times. I've got a checkmark next to Personal Statement & Transcript, but LSAT still not yet showing up even though it's been requested for about two weeks now. I think we just have to keep twiddling our fingers and wait patiently! Good luck :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RUIQ said:

I've been checking every day, multiple times. I've got a checkmark next to Personal Statement & Transcript, but LSAT still not yet showing up even though it's been requested for about two weeks now. I think we just have to keep twiddling our fingers and wait patiently! Good luck :)

Same, same. LSAT sent by LSAC, but yet to be marked as received. 

• Like 1

I received an e-mail regarding early admissions today.

They asked me to send my transcript to be considered for early admission, unfortunately I have no grades yet for the fall term.

I checked on my application and it shows my LSAT has yet to be received, but considering the early admission email I would assume they have it.

CGPA 3.1, 3.86 L2 (on a 4.0 scale), 169 LSAT. I submitted my application in October.

Edit: I haven't even submitted my PS yet, so I assume this means they are not looking at them for admissions purposes.

Edited by bocuma
Add info.
  • Like 2

I just received the following message:

"The Admissions Committee at the University of Alberta's Faculty of Law would like to consider you for Early Admission to the 2021 Juris Doctor entering class.

To be considered, please email a scanned copy of your current transcript with grades to date to my attention at law.admissions@ualberta.ca by December 13th, 2020.

If we are not able to offer you early admission you will still be considered when we receive your fall term results by February 1st, 2021." 

Must be a good sign, right? Hopefully this means some offers will be going out this week and next? 

Edit to add stats: 
CGPA: 3.2ish L2: 3.89 (unconfirmed), LSAT: 170. I took the LSAT in November and submitted my PS on November 30. 
Edited by maybe34

2 minutes ago, maybe34 said:

I just received the following message:

"The Admissions Committee at the University of Alberta's Faculty of Law would like to consider you for Early Admission to the 2021 Juris Doctor entering class.

To be considered, please email a scanned copy of your current transcript with grades to date to my attention at law.admissions@ualberta.ca by December 13th, 2020.

If we are not able to offer you early admission you will still be considered when we receive your fall term results by February 1st, 2021." 

Must be a good sign, right? Hopefully this means some offers will be going out this week and next? 

Have they marked your LSAT as received?
nvm just saw bocuma's msg

Edited by castlepie

Can confirm that emails about early admissions are going out today. Know of another (L2 3.9 LSAT 178) who received a similar email to bocuma. 

1 minute ago, castlepie said:

Have they marked your LSAT as received?

No, still marked as incomplete but LSAC reported it to them in late November. 

1 minute ago, maybe34 said:

That was my impression as well! I'm assuming this means I would be getting an offer if I had anything on my fall transcript right now. I have literally no grades at all for the fall term yet haha.

1 minute ago, bocuma said:

That was my impression as well! I'm assuming this means I would be getting an offer if I had anything on my fall transcript right now. I have literally no grades at all for the fall term yet haha.

I'm not taking any courses in the Fall term (I'm a grad student finishing up my final research project in the Spring term) so I'm a bit confused as to why they've requested another transcript. They've already got 2 (one official, one copy) stating that I'm not taking any courses this Fall so... we will see! 

3 minutes ago, maybe34 said:

I'm not taking any courses in the Fall term (I'm a grad student finishing up my final research project in the Spring term) so I'm a bit confused as to why they've requested another transcript. They've already got 2 (one official, one copy) stating that I'm not taking any courses this Fall so... we will see! 

In that case, it sounds like you're in! Let us know what they say :)

I got the email about early admission consideration as well today, but I'm a 3rd year student and admissions told me earlier that there was no chance I would get accepted in December since I only have 2 years of official marks. I'm guessing they just sorted them based on index score and auto-sent these emails.

Does anyone know if the transcript they are requesting needs to be official or can it be the unofficial one off beartracks?

My stats are L2 3.8 and 170 for reference.

I also got the early admission email. They would have my current transcript and like a few of you my transcript won't be updated for a couple weeks until final marks come in. Should I just send them a copy of it anyways?

Has anyone who's already graduated received any emails or notices regarding early admissions? Curious if this is going out to just students who are currently finishing up their final year.

From looking at previous years, it seems that all early admissions offers go out on one Friday in December. Since these Early Admission Consideration emails state that documents have to be in by December 13, do y'all think that means we're waiting until next Friday for a response? I am too neurotic for this lol I'm refreshing status checkers and this forum every 3 minutes. 

I graduated 5 years ago and I received this email. Slightly strange bc they have already received my transcripts and nothing is going to change on them this fall but I guess I’ll email scans anyway. Did not expect to be considered for early admission anywhere to be honest 

Edited by hopingforamiracle
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, hopingforamiracle said:

I graduated 5 years ago and I received this email. Slightly strange bc they have already received my transcripts and nothing is going to change on them this fall but I guess I’ll email scans anyway. Did not expect to be considered for early admission anywhere to be honest 

I graduated about 2.5 years ago myself. Did your school send them your official final transcript already? Seems odd to request a scanned copy from you when an official one is on file. Congrats though! That's good news

Damn :( disappointed I did not receive this email (although I’m probably a stretch for U of A anyway without any type of Special Facts or Mature category). 

My application is waiting for one transcript to be received and my LSAT score to be added (it was sent from LSAC a while ago).