lawlover44

Chances? (2.9, 154)

I know that Windsor is hard to predict. However, I was wondering if someone could maybe share some insight. 

I have a 154 LSAT score and only a 2.9 on a 4.0 Undergraduate GPA. The low GPA is due to my first two years as a science student (clearly wasn't the path for me) I switched to political science (where I focused on political inequality and social injustice) and started getting 75+ grades. I have a degree and a certificate in criminology. Im currently doing my Masters of Arts (Political Science), this semester I came out with an 86% average (around a 3.8-9 GPA). I also have special circumstances as to why my LSAT score isn't overly high and why my third year GPA wasn't as strong as my 4th year. I had to get two extensive surgeries on my knee that left me unable to walk for around 5-6 months (very mentally and physically draining). 

I have amazing experience with ECs (went to the Canada Games for squash, NL summer games for soccer, NL winter games for volleyball, played at three national tournaments with a club team, and played on Team NL for volleyball for 4 consecutive years) also volunteered in political elections, hospitals, food banks, and I was a coach for both volleyball and squash. 

I have an abundance of travel experience with a local show choir and I have also been on a mooting team for 2 years (travelled to Osgoode twice and got first place in a local competition) I was vice-president of the team. 

I also worked as a Provincial Supervisor/Manager for a charity organization. 

I know that my GPA and LSAT score isn't the best, but I was hoping that I may still have a chance. Thoughts? Do I have a chance at all? 

• Like 1

I don't think your stats are competitive in either LSAT or GPA. So basically it's all going to come down to your PS, LOR, and how you've managed to present yourself. That said, having spent extensive time looking through the accepted/rejected threads for all the schools, I don't think I've seen someone accepted with both a sub 3 gpa and a sub 160 lsat (though I've seen people accepted with 1 or the other). So it's probably an uphill battle for you at best. Any way you can get that LSAT up?

It's probably going to be a bit of a crapshoot this year too because there's more applicants as well.

• Like 2

To be blunt your stats are quite low and your ECs don't seem to be anything special. There's always a chance but I wouldn't count on getting in anywhere with those stats. 

Raise your LSAT 6-10 points and you may have a better shot. Or wait until you qualify as a mature student and give it a go.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SadNWO said:

To be blunt your stats are quite low and your ECs don't seem to be anything special. There's always a chance but I wouldn't count on getting in anywhere with those stats. 

Raise your LSAT 6-10 points and you may have a better shot. Or wait until you qualify as a mature student and give it a go.

Damn those ECs aren’t impressing you huh?

I think your ECs are excellent OP and if you get close to a 160 LSAT you have a very real shot. 

• Like 1

As someone who has previously applied to Windsor with those stats, the likelihood is that you’ll be waitlisted (very late in the cycle) but not offered admission. I would suggest either improving your LSAT score or your cGPA to further improve your chances and your ECs and contents of your personal statement seems to be strong on its own. 

• Like 1

Personally I think your ECs are great (idk what the other person was saying), that said I agree with others in your stats being very low and think your best bet would be, assuming you don't get in this year, to try and really boost that LSAT score over the summer and try again next cycle. The good news is that at your current stage right now, even raising your score by a few points can give you huge increases in percentile ranking which may boost your chances, even if slightly. 

I've applied to Dal, UNB, Ottawa, Ryerson, and Saskatchewan. 

My Best three for OLSAS is 3.5 and my L2 is 3.62

Thank you to everyone who has responded! 

• Like 1

Get that LSAT up. You won't get in rn. But your b3/b2 are good so retake the LSAT and live your dreams 

• Like 1

got accepted with a 154 lsat this year.  If you have really good EC and PS that connects to what they want which is community engagement and social justice than you have a good chance. 

I think you still have a chance of getting in at Windsor. Two years ago I got accepted with a 158 lsat and a 2.6 GPA. My GPA was low due to a few health issues I had during undergrad.

• Like 1