1. Forums

1. 271

Discussions about the forums or the Discord server.

1. General

General discussion about law schools or your applications.

U of T vs. Osgoode, Queens vs. Western, so on and so forth: Get advice about which school is better to go to over another.

Questions, study tips, and general discussion about the LSAT.

Questions about lines of credit, loans, and paying for law school.

For applicants or law students looking to offer books / prep materials for purchase or sale.

1. 914

1. 2.6k

OCIs, summer jobs, applying for articling.

1. Ask a Lawyer

Not a lawyer but have a question about what it's like to be one?

1. 6.2k
  • Who's Online   20 Members, 0 Anonymous, 63 Guests (See full list)

• CanLawCardinal
    • minimal
    • lanacherrymustang
    • GoatDuck
    • hopefulromantic
    • Ben
    • goldvase007
    • Lawstudents20202020
    • Pizzaandpasta
    • amynamey
    • foddrina
    • ruthlessfox
    • silverblizzard
    • Psychometronic
    • CB2021
    • torontowaxy
    • AMPM
    • 2easy
    • PerrythePlatypus
    • tobi

• Recent Posts

• Pizzaandpasta
      Thank you everyone for your insights, I truly appreciate it! If I have somewhat of a “better” chance at getting a job at a midsize firm, do you guys recommend that I prioritize connecting with lawyers from midsize firms that are partaking in the recruit more than the bigger firms? Is that a good strategy? I know these things are still very abstract and can’t necessarily be dealt with strategically but I was wondering if anyone had anything to say about focusing on midsize firms over bigger firms in terms of making connections this summer.  
    • GoatDuck
      Just to add a more concrete point: you’ll get more utility spending the summer improving your lsat score than getting whatever soft you can get at this point. 
    • GoatDuck
      People vastly overestimate how impressive their softs are. They look nice if you’re otherwise competitive based on your stats, but they won’t generally rescue an otherwise uncompetitive applicant unless the softs are actually impressive. Undergrad debate clubs, internships at dad’s law firm, being the vice-assistant to the vice custodian at the fraternity etc are not in the list.
    • lanacherrymustang
      Hi guys After joining this forum I noticed that there is a lot of attention on softs which I don't think I have (compared to everyone else working at government jobs, law internships, law clubs, etc). I want to apply to schools this November but I don't have any softs I think that would be very appealing to schools. I'm worried though that I won't get accepted to my dream schools because I lack softs. Should I be looking to do some softs this summer so I can write about it in my application? The problem is I wanted to spend my summer studying for the LSAT and crafting my application. Now I'm worried though.  I didn't really focus on any softs during university because I wanted to make sure I had a high GPA but now I'm kind of questioning that decision. All that to say is, should I really be applying this November when I don't have many softs? Or should I wait a year and get some softs to add to my application? Are softs worth a lot?  I don't have my LSAT score yet but I'm aiming for 160+. My gpa is like a 3.85. Now I'm stressed and I don't know what to do. 
    • sociologicaldisaster
      Did you apply general or discretionary?
    • Law_Student_X
      As per the LSO Rules that were directed to us today, we can't bring in a computer so it's safe to say CTRL+F is off the table.
    • Basile
      Bonjour, Vu que ça fait un an que vous avez fait l'entrevue, je me demandais si vous pourriez partager votre expérience. Avez vous été admis et de mémoire quelles questions vous ont été posés?   Merci!
  • Recent Topics

Important Information

By accessing this website, you agree to abide by our Terms of Use. YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU WILL NOT CONSTRUE ANY POST ON THIS WEBSITE AS PROVIDING LEGAL ADVICE EVEN IF SUCH POST IS MADE BY A PERSON CLAIMING TO BE A LAWYER. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.