Mosti

Chances? 160 LSAT | 3.02 cGPA | 3.51 L2 | 3.32 B3

GPA figures are according to the OLSAS conversion table. I'm an international student. Registered for January LSAT but might not take it as I'm not seeing much improvement in my PT'ing.

Didn't mention anything about my low cGPA in the personal statements.

19 hours ago, Luckycharm said:

25%

Listen, I understand that this is a chance thread, but I think it is irresponsible of you to be dropping random percentages like this. When I was applying to law school responses like yours added unneeded additional stress to the process and resulted in me applying more broadly than I actually needed to because I thought my chances were so low. Then I got in almost everywhere.

I think it is fine to offer an opinion on chances, but just dropping a random 25% is unhelpful and anxiety inducing.

Also, once again I think your percentage is too low. In an attempt to actually offer some constructive feedback, I would say it's worth a shot taking the jan lsat. If you could get it up to say a 164 I think your chances increase significantly.

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, hemingway17 said:

Listen, I understand that this is a chance thread, but I think it is irresponsible of you to be dropping random percentages like this. When I was applying to law school responses like yours added unneeded additional stress to the process and resulted in me applying more broadly than I actually needed to because I thought my chances were so low. Then I got in almost everywhere.

I think it is fine to offer an opinion on chances, but just dropping a random 25% is unhelpful and anxiety inducing.

Also, once again I think your percentage is too low. In an attempt to actually offer some constructive feedback, I would say it's worth a shot taking the jan lsat. If you could get it up to say a 164 I think your chances increase significantly.

Gotta say I appreciate the steps you're taking. The added nuance is really helpful, and I agree that your analysis seems more sound than some of the random numbers that tend to appear.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, hemingway17 said:

...you also had a considerably higher cGPA and LSAT than the OP. How is answering the exact question the OP asked "unhelpful and anxiety inducing"? They didn't ask for advice, they asked for their chance. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SadNWO said:

Gotta say I appreciate the steps you're taking. The added nuance is really helpful, and I agree that your analysis seems more sound than some of the random numbers that tend to appear.

No problem, happy you find it helpful.

1 hour ago, chaboywb said:

...you also had a considerably higher cGPA and LSAT than the OP. How is answering the exact question the OP asked "unhelpful and anxiety inducing"? They didn't ask for advice, they asked for their chance. 

Speaking from personal experience it is unhelpful and anxiety inducing. If it was for me I'm sure it is for others as well. Try to remember that this is not a private message and this thread will be viewed by many others who did not ask the question, but will still be affected by the answers. 

The fact I had a higher cGPA is completely irrelevant to the fact that throwing out percentages with no explanation is unhelpful and irresponsible for this very reason (although I do appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to creep my profile). All I'm saying is that a little bit of context goes a long way. Would love to know the formula LuckyCharms used to arrive at 25% and I'm sure others would as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hemingway17 said:

I really appreciate that! Thanks for the advice. The 25% chance post definitely stressed me out and your words really helped. Any advice on how to improve my LSAT score more? I'm kind of at a standstill with the scores I'm getting in PT's right now.

Edited by Mosti

7 hours ago, hemingway17 said:

I felt the same way about that user when I was applying hahah but I thought she/he knew their stuff.