undertheletter

Fellow 0L's: OLSAS GPAs have been posted!

My gpa dropped .12 and that seems very odd. I replaced two courses in undergrad and on my transcript there’s a note about that; it states the letter grade but then says “0.00” to show it was not counted towards GPA calculation. Does OLSAS still calculate old grades that have clearly been replaced?

Your OLSAS GPA will be at the bottom of the "Document Tracking" page for those wondering.

Edited by MountainMon
  • Like 2

Looks like my NCR in 1st year got counted as an F for 1 full credit. Drops my cgpa to 3.43 from 3.63 unfortunately. Makes my uptrend look better haha so i have that to look forward to. Hope I'm still fine with a 3.8 L2/B3 and 164. 

Edited by futurebirdlawyer
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Carrie01 said:

Mine was there this morning but has since been taken down. Any guesses as to why?

no idea why but i'm experiencing the same thing! maybe its just a technical issue, i know i read about this happening last year to some applicants 

Edited by fernweh13
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, lawlizard said:

Mine was 0.01 higher than Ryn's calculator. I'll take what I can get lol. 

Same haha

Does anyone know for sure how U of T calculates B3? I'm in my 4th year so my cGPA should be the same as B3 but I think they don't include summer courses, right?

Does anyone know approximately when OLSAS will update fall 2020 grades once they are submitted? Does this usually happen by the end of January? 

I've been seeing people posting that they have received their OLSAS gpas but mine has not been posted so I contacted OUAC and they informed me that they are being posted on a rolling basis as they get to them (so likely if you don't see yours they haven't gotten to it/posted it yet). I was told that they should for the most part all be released by mid December. They also give you a week or two to contact them with any questions or concerns about the conversion. I was also informed that law schools do not receive the olsas gpa until after we do, which sounds weird and I didn't know that, considering offers start getting sent out early December (however, I was told that they can still send out offers as they have the rest of our application and our transcript at this point, it depends on the school, your application and how they make decisions). Some of this was news to me, if anyone has heard different lmk but this is what I was told when I called. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, maac said:

I've been seeing people posting that they have received their OLSAS gpas but mine has not been posted so I contacted OUAC and they informed me that they are being posted on a rolling basis as they get to them (so likely if you don't see yours they haven't gotten to it/posted it yet). I was told that they should for the most part all be released by mid December. They also give you a week or two to contact them with any questions or concerns about the conversion.

Mine was posted when I checked shortly after midnight but it is now gone. My guess is that the theory floating around that someone accidentally released them is accurate.

• Like 1

Just now, CarletonChonkers said:

Mine was posted when I checked shortly after midnight but it is now gone. My guess is that the theory floating around that someone accidentally released them is accurate.

Quite possibly. Although, when I called, the person I spoke with was aware that they were being released and confirmed that some people had gotten theirs. He just said those who didn't would get theirs in the near future. As for disappearing ones, I can only speculate but it's possible some were accidentally released and need to be double checked or something along those lines? I really have no idea, but I do think that they are starting to release them, I know some people who can still see theirs. I don't think any of this is cause for concern though, we should all be getting ours soon enough! 

5 minutes ago, maac said:

Quite possibly. Although, when I called, the person I spoke with was aware that they were being released and confirmed that some people had gotten theirs. He just said those who didn't would get theirs in the near future. As for disappearing ones, I can only speculate but it's possible some were accidentally released and need to be double checked or something along those lines? I really have no idea, but I do think that they are starting to release them, I know some people who can still see theirs. I don't think any of this is cause for concern though, we should all be getting ours soon enough! 

I think this 'accident' has happened in the past based on old threads...for some reason there's always a point where they release and hide them right after...either way it seems they're all officially released by the second or third week of December. 

Also, for anyone who didn't get to see their GPA, the calculator on this site will give you an accurate number (assuming your transcript is 'typical').

16 minutes ago, undertheletter said:

Also, for anyone who didn't get to see their GPA, the calculator on this site will give you an accurate number (assuming your transcript is 'typical').

Agreed, mine was 100% accurate. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CarletonChonkers said:

Agreed, mine was 100% accurate. 

That said, I don't think the calculator rounds from the third decimal place so it's possible to be a little bit higher in reality than according to the calculator. For instance, I was projected to be a 3.92 by the calculator, but when I logged into OLSAS and saw it read 3.93. When I did the calculations separately I found that my GPA was actually 3.925, which technically rounds to 3.93.