Legallybrunette123

Chances, L2 3.68/4.3, LSAT 161

My L2 is 3.68ish out of 4.3, and LSAT 161. I calculated the index for Schulich and it was about 78.7% know my stats are very low. I will be explaining the reason for the Low gpa in my application and I have proof of disability which was the reason behind it, but Schulich is my dream law school, I just wanna know what my chances of getting in here would be. I'm an Ontario resident btw.

Any insight is appreciated. Thank you! Hope you have a great day  :) 

Hey, maybe someone can comment on this better but I know 81 is the index number here, however I remember them providing another number in an info session back in early October... it was lower like 78 or 79. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lawlizard said:

Hey, maybe someone can comment on this better but I know 81 is the index number here, however I remember them providing another number in an info session back in early October... it was lower like 78 or 79. 

80 for NS residents and 81 for everyone else 

• Like 1

I saw this here earlier too. Again, 0.81 for out of province is safe bet but 

On 11/25/2020 at 9:24 PM, JacobJWS said:

My understanding is that a 3.7 in say Ontario is a 3.67/4.3 on Dal's scale. I was also under the impression that it is converted into a % grade if it isn't already and then used. (LSAT percentile x 40%)+(%GPA x 60%)=index score, I am told from here that 0.81 is competitive but I remember hearing from an admissions session at Dal that 0.78 is generally competitive and generally Maritime and Non-Maritime students have roughly the same index averages. Do with that what you will.

Edited by lawlizard
had to copy paste from other post
  • Like 1

Dal has a grade calculator. Transfer all of your grades onto that scale. It'll be easier or harder depending on if your school uses letter grades or a 4.0 scale (letter scale is probably easiest). Essentially, students with a bunch of A+ and As will see the most difference. Once you get to A- and lower, the scale between 4.0 and 4.3 is the same.

For example, on a 4.3 scale A+ = 4.3, A = 4.0, A- = 3.7, B+ 3.3, etc.

On a 4.0 scale A+ = 4.0, A = 3.9, A- = 3.7, B+ = 3.3

^ see how it's only different for A+ and As? That is where you will see the greatest change. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lawlizard said:

Dal has a grade calculator. Transfer all of your grades onto that scale. It'll be easier or harder depending on if your school uses letter grades or a 4.0 scale (letter scale is probably easiest). Essentially, students with a bunch of A+ and As will see the most difference. Once you get to A- and lower, the scale between 4.0 and 4.3 is the same.

For example, on a 4.3 scale A+ = 4.3, A = 4.0, A- = 3.7, B+ 3.3, etc.

On a 4.0 scale A+ = 4.0, A = 3.9, A- = 3.7, B+ = 3.3

^ see how it's only different for A+ and As? That is where you will see the greatest change. 

That’s what I noticed too and I thought maybe I was doing something wrong lol since the other calculators such as Wes show a bigger difference lol