lawlizard

Is anyone else compulsively checking lawstudents.ca for updates?

23 minutes ago, Seekingredemption said:

I made a post on r/LSAT commenting on my situation and how I’m not sure whether to retake my LSAT as I thought my chances aren’t horrible with my gpa. Some salty Redditor basically told me not to get ahead of myself because OLSAS gpa drops. Been furiously checking this site/OLSAS for updates since. 

Screw that guy/girl. 

reddit is not nearly as useful as lawstudents.ca anyway lol i've completely changed over

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TobyFlenderson said:

Enjoy your holidays. Focus on work or school or whatever it might be that you have in your life right now.

Hard to do when I’m done school, done the lsat, am unemployed, and covid is happening. There is quite literally nothing for me to do except look for work and refresh LS.ca rn.

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, MountainMon said:

Hard to do when I’m done school, done the lsat, am unemployed, and covid is happening. There is quite literally nothing for me to do except look for work and refresh LS.ca rn.

No hockey either 😬

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, MountainMon said:

Please at least go for a nice walk, which those of us in 1L scarcely have time do now. ;)

But yeah, I was the same last year, so no criticism here. I would still say though, looking back, that I wish I'd found better things to do than to constantly refresh everything!

-GM

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, castlepie said:

reddit is not nearly as useful as lawstudents.ca anyway lol i've completely changed over

That place is toxic.

People here are much more helpful, not to mention the presence of many who’ve done this and are practising lawyers is quite nice. 

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, TobyFlenderson said:

Someone who refreshed here and OLSAS too, sometimes three times a day, and didn't get in any quicker because of it. 

200.gif

But in all seriousness, as a current 3L, I completely agree with your post. Law school is enough of a pressure cooker of stress and anxiety. Recruiting adds flames to that pressure cooker. 

If you can, take a step back. Breathe and relax. Think of all the hoops you've already jumped over. High school, undergrad, extracurriculars, LSAT, work, wherever else your life has led you, and now law school applications. Life is about solving your old problems and getting yourself better problems. Regardless of where you think you stand, you should all be proud of how far you've come. 

If you can, take a break from this website and OLSAS. If you need, talk to someone, be it family, friends, or a professional. You've done all you can do for the time being. Let it play out.

Good luck! Rooting for all of ya.

• Like 8

DON'T DO THIS TO YOURSELF.

check once in the morning, every weekday, and then STOP. you aren't going to miss anything. you're just going to maintain some sanity. if you're super bored just binge-watch shows, cook, go on runs, just do things that you used to before you applied, or else you will be very, very miserable. we're not even in 2021 yet - remember this process can go into the first week of September. thats TEN months. take care of yourself. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, zxcvbnm said:

DON'T DO THIS TO YOURSELF.

check once in the morning, every weekday, and then STOP. you aren't going to miss anything. you're just going to maintain some sanity. if you're super bored just binge-watch shows, cook, go on runs, just do things that you used to before you applied, or else you will be very, very miserable. we're not even in 2021 yet - remember this process can go into the first week of September. thats TEN months. take care of yourself. 

Thank u all for your advice - I think it's because I'm in a hell week of 4th year and being on here seems productive even though I am procrastinating the exam I have due tm at noon. Burn out in COVID is like no other.

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, lawlizard said:

Thank u all for your advice - I think it's because I'm in a hell week of 4th year and being on here seems productive even though I am procrastinating the exam I have due tm at noon. Burn out in COVID is like no other.

I feel this so strongly. I have an essay due tomorrow at midnight that I've barely touched, and I'm juggling several other papers/assignments (one of which is now late). Keep at it! We got this. :D

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I know I’m trying to remain calm, but I also know that deep down once the first Ontario acceptances come rolling in, I’m gonna lose my mind along with all y’all and start analyzing EVERYTHING 🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Don't get me wrong I am also anticipating an acceptance and  refreshing my page over 15x a day, but at the same time I almost do want it to come yet!

This has been a 1-3 year long process for many of us. Between undergrad, the LSAT, personal statements, extracurriculars and all other aspects that come with applying to law school it is insane to be so close to this full circle moment.

I know that my initial reaction to my acceptance will be a very memorable moment in my life. I am so excited to feel the feelings associated with this accomplishment. Is it weird that I almost don't want it to come so it doesn't leave? I guess it's apart of life, especially as a lawyer since there is always something to anticipate next. It keeps things interesting.

Just some random late night thoughts. But we should all be so proud! We are lucky enough to still be apart of the process so lets enjoy it and stay present (they say the journey is the best part!) 

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Seekingredemption said:

That place is toxic.

People here are much more helpful, not to mention the presence of many who’ve done this and are practising lawyers is quite nice. 

r/LSAT constantly be like “im PTing at 179 do you guys think this is enough” and someone is always like no youre a fucking idiot like .... omg ok bye!!! it was so toxic especially when i just started studying and couldnt break 160 for the life of me

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, habsfan99 said:

r/LSAT constantly be like “im PTing at 179 do you guys think this is enough” and someone is always like no youre a fucking idiot like .... omg ok bye!!! it was so toxic especially when i just started studying and couldnt break 160 for the life of me

I feel that. 

There’s also the fact that those guys are all dead set on 170+ scores and that warps your opinion of what a « good » score is. For me, a    « good » score is one that gives me a reasonable chance of getting into my preferred Can law school. 

• Like 1

I'm somewhat enjoying the compulsive checks. If I could just relax and ignore sites like this until I got results, I'd actually feel like I'd missed out.

Anticipation is part of the procees and in moderation it can actually be quite fun. 

• Like 3