erinl2

Accepted 2021

erinl2

As we have done in previous cycles, we ask that you keep Accepted threads clear of extraneous discussion.

Please list your cgpa, L2, B3, index score, etc.,  LSAT score, and how you were notified.  Please keep questions to asking about these particular details if they are not found in the post itself. Other posts will be deleted so as to keep these threads useful and easy to navigate.

Thank you and good luck to all!

Message added by erinl2

My first acceptance:

cGPA: 3.89/4.0

LSAT:157

PhD with 18 pubs, Vanier Scholar, work experience, General

• Like 5

Accepted today (Feb 19)

cGPA: 3.49 (as per OLSAS) 3.7 L2

LSAT: 158 (October), 163(January) 

Strong LORs from three of my undergraduate professors, good work experience & ECs, good PS

Also an Ottawa resident, don't know if that factored in.

• Like 5

Accepted this morning!!! :)

cGPA: 3.54 (OLSAS) 

LSAT: 155, 165 

General category, average LORs 

Not sure if I will be accepting yet but so grateful to hear back!! 

• Like 3

Accepted today! Just checked UOzone on a whim!

CGPA - 3.48 (OLSAS)

B2/L2 - 3.65ish

LSAT - 163, 167

EC's: Debate team and some minor club roles

Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Edited by ReeseWitherfork
forgot to include my first LSAT
  • Like 4

Accepted today! (February 19th, 2021. A day I will never forget :D)

cGPA: 3.52 (with a first year of 3.00)

L2: 3.87

LSAT: 162 (August 2020)

EC's: MA in progress, TA, school club exec, admissions committee for my program, and lifeguard

I am a first time poster/long time lurker, and one of my biggest regrets throughout my LSAT prep process was not contributing more to this community. Without looking at all of the activity on this forum and the constant chances threads I have seen Luckycharm comment on, I would of had no clue what is considered competitive for each school or how to study for the LSAT.  

My biggest regret looking back at this whole process was not writing the LSAT between 3rd and 4th year. I remember regretting this decision and wished I was receiving the news some of my friends were last December through April - that I was going to be attending law school. Hindsight is 20/20 though, and for some reason it took me completing applications to graduate programs to really realize where my true passion was. The thought of attending law school in the nation's capital has me extremely excited and crying of happiness at times. I guess all that is left to do now is to wait for word from Western and Queens.

I know this is corny, but to prospective students questioning if law school is for them, remember to "never give up on something that you can’t go a day without thinking about" - Nelson Mandela. I thought of this quote frequently, and it powered me through an 8 week prep course of the LSAT trainer where I went from a 149 diagnostic to a 162. Keep going folks. You got this, and I will be virtually rooting for you.

• Like 9

Accepted today!!

cGPA: 3.55

B2/L2: 3.59

LSAT: 163

So grateful cause my gpa is below median :D

• Like 5

Accepted yesterday! 

CGPA: 3.55 

B2: 3.77

LSAT: 160 

Lots of ECs and Strong LORs

So happy!!

• Like 4

Accepted to the Dual US/Can Program as of yesterday ! I got into common law-English back in December :)

~3.55 CGPA, 3.9 L3/B2 GPA, 162 LSAT, good extracurriculars/refs, and I'm also currently a Master's student! My background is in STEM. 

Good luck to everyone waiting still! 

Edited by akearney17
  • Like 3

Accepted Saturday, notified via email! Applied special circumstances category.

cGPA: 3.42

L2: 3.83

LSAT: 159 

Lots of ECs and leadership roles

My first acceptance and I’m so thrilled! Good luck to everyone waiting ❤️

Edited by Simonzzzz
  • Like 6

Accepted a little while ago. Posting to contribute data to future LawApplicants.ca calculations!

cGPA - 3.76

L2 - 3.82

LSAT - 165

Edited by CTS
  • Like 1

Accepted today!! 😄 No email, just found out when I checked the portal!

cGPA: 3.5 

L2: 3.64 

So happy, I didn't think I'd hear back from Ottawa because of my GPA! Good luck to everyone waiting! 

• Like 3

Accepted!

cGPA: 3.4 L2: 3.7

Ec: lots! Volunteer and work

Reference letters: I believe good!

Not sure if I’m accepting. Good luck everyone! 

• Like 3

Accepted this morning! 😄

CGPA: 3.46

Still waiting to hear back from Carleton about my admission to the MA/JD dual degree program. 

Probably will accept, but not 100% sure yet. Good luck to everybody else!

• Like 3

Accepted this morning via email, and reflected in uOzone! 🎉 Super excited since this is my first acceptance! Will be accepting unless I get into Queen's!

cGPA: 3.61 | L2/B2: 3.74

Strong-ish EC's (Decorated varsity athlete, semi-regular community volunteering, Model UN) and strong-ish PS. LoRs I assume were kind of weak (asked a prof from two years ago and a random supervisor I volunteer with to provide letters, neither knew me particularly well).

Best of luck to everyone else! 

Edited by SpicyRibsauce
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, legallybrunette101 said:

Accepted this morning! 😄

CGPA: 3.46

Still waiting to hear back from Carleton about my admission to the MA/JD dual degree program. 

Probably will accept, but not 100% sure yet. Good luck to everybody else!

Does Carleton have a JD program? I’ve never heard of it.