erinl2

Accepted 2021

erinl2

As we have done in previous cycles, we ask that you keep Accepted threads clear of extraneous discussion.

Please list your cgpa, L2, B3, index score, etc.,  LSAT score, and how you were notified.  Please keep questions to asking about these particular details if they are not found in the post itself. Other posts will be deleted so as to keep these threads useful and easy to navigate.

Thank you and good luck to all!

Message added by erinl2

Just now, peanutbutter1234 said:

Congrats!! What were your EC's like?

Thanks! I created a blog about mental health, was on an anti-sexual violence group where I presented to student leaders about consent, and was on my student union’s mental health committee. 

• Thanks 1

Accepted today. Notified via email.

cGPA/L2: 3.61

B3: 3.80

LSAT: 165

So grateful to be given this opportunity! Good luck to everyone.

Edited by legallyblonde99
Added my L2 and B3
  • Like 2

Ahhhh, I can’t believe I’m posting here!!! The University of Ottawa is my top choice! 😭🙌🏻

OLSAS CGPA: 3.48

uOttawa undergrad CGPA: 9.35/10 

LSAT: 154 (twice)

Three excellent LOR’s, decent EC’s, unique volunteering experience with LGBTQ+ orgs, and job experience in government and rural healthcare.

Notified today by email. 

• Like 12

1 hour ago, 0Lawschool2020 said:

Accepted a couple days ago along with everyone else :)

CGPA 3.57

L2 3.7

LSAT 158, 156, 159 (Jan).

Best of luck to everyone!

Congrats!! Can I ask what your EC's were like?

Accepted on Feb 10 

cGPA: 3.61 (as per OLSAS) 

LSAT: 160 (oct), 161(nov) 

Strong LORs from two of my undergraduate professors, good research/work experience & ECs, good PS (I think!) 

Hope this helps someone :) Best of luck to those still waiting!

• Like 4

Accepted this afternoon!

LSAT: 157 

CGPA: 3.25

L2: 3.9

Applied mature, strong LORs, practicing paralegal, have been working in a firm. 

• Like 4

Accepted today!!! Notified by email that decision was made and then checked UOzone.

cGPA: 3.4

LSAT: 161 (Nov first write)

ECs: Yah!

Best of luck to all. Tough decisions to be made. 

• Like 4

Accepted Feb 18th on uozone no email yet 

CGPA 3.58

B2 3.77 - 3.81 ish

LSAT 161 (October first write)

Decent ECs/PS/LORS.

Applied under general.

Good luck to everyone still waiting!! 

• Like 3

Accepted Feb 18th on uozone. Showed up on OLSAS this morning. 

Pretty damn surprised as my GPA is shit and I thought Ottawa prioritized that. 

cGPA: ~2.5

B2: ~3.1ish

LSAT: 157 (August), 163 (November)

Mature student with 15+ years of high end work in film and television (have written for big TV shows, talent agent for a decade repping Oscar and Emmy winning talent, etc)

• Like 9

1 minute ago, PlayALawyerOnTV said:

Mature student with 15+ years of high end work in film and television (have written for big TV shows, talent agent for a decade repping Oscar and Emmy winning talent, etc)

Mature is just an altogether different category.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, easttowest said:

Mature is just an altogether different category.

It sure seems that way! Still surprised though as I lot of folks told me my stats weren't competitive and that applying as a mature / special consideration applicant wouldn't be enough to save me.

5 minutes ago, PlayALawyerOnTV said:

It sure seems that way! Still surprised though as I lot of folks told me my stats weren't competitive and that applying as a mature / special consideration applicant wouldn't be enough to save me.

It’s basically a black box. I was in at multiple schools with a 2.5/171. Congratulations on your acceptance! 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, PlayALawyerOnTV said:

Congratulations!

I know you will get in! 

Really happy for you!

https://lawstudents.ca/forums/topic/63584-mature-student-chances-cgpa-28-l2-34-b3-32-166/?tab=comments#comment-859945

Edited by NeverGiveUp

My legs are weak right now. Checked on a whim just now... wasn't in yesterday, but am in today!

cGPA: 2.93, b2/l2: are both like 3.0something

LSAT: 168 (July 2020)

Access/Mature applicant. I think I had some unique ECs and glowing LoRs from people who could really speak for me. This is my first acceptance... didn't think I'd hear back until at least April!

• Like 8

Accepted yesterday, I can't believe it!! 

cGPA 3.51, LSAT 159 (July), 161 (Oct), strong ECs 

Applied special circumstances, my cGPA without the year I indicated as special circumstances is a 3.69! 

Good luck to everyone waiting to hear, your time is coming!! :)

Edited by dreamingoflawschool
  • Like 5