erinl2

Accepted 2021

erinl2

As we have done in previous cycles, we ask that you keep Accepted threads clear of extraneous discussion.

Please list your cgpa, L2, B3, index score, etc.,  LSAT score, and how you were notified.  Please keep questions to asking about these particular details if they are not found in the post itself. Other posts will be deleted so as to keep these threads useful and easy to navigate.

Thank you and good luck to all!

Message added by erinl2

Accepted Feb 12, 2021. Ryerson was one of my first choices. 

I did my undergrad at UofT St. George (3.7 CGPA. 3.68 or 69 according to OLSAS from what I recall). I wrote my LSAT in 2016 & did very poorly (I was under sever stress at the time due to personal reasons) and had planned to write in a subsequent year. I am not sure how to calculate best two or last two, but I got A-s to A+s in my 4th year.

I have extremely strong ECs (v involved at UofT, worked PT during school), been working full time for the last few years and I think I had very good references (a fantastic prof I've had for years, one of the Deans at UofT and my manager).

I truly believe Ryerson looks at apps holistically - I am SO thrilled :-)

Best wishes to all!

Edited by pasteisdenata
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, pasteisdenata said:

Accepted Feb 12, 2021. Ryerson was one of my first choices. 

I did my undergrad at UofT St. George (3.7 CGPA. 3.68 or 69 according to OLSAS from what I recall). I wrote my LSAT in 2016 & did very poorly (I was under sever stress at the time due to personal reasons) and had planned to write in a subsequent year. I am not sure how to calculate best two or last two, but I got A-s to A+s in my 4th year.

I have extremely strong ECs (v involved at UofT, worked PT during school), been working full time for the last few years and I think I had very good references (a fantastic prof I've had for years, one of the Deans at UofT and my manager).

I truly believe Ryerson looks at apps holistically - I am SO thrilled :-)

Best wishes to all!

Do you mind sharing your LSAT score? This would be helpful to anyone wanting to know how low a person can score on the LSAT and still be accepted into Ryerson.

Congratulations!

Edited by SNAILS
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, SNAILS said:

Do you mind sharing your LSAT score? This would be helpful to anyone wanting to know how low a person can score on the LSAT and still be accepted into Ryerson.

Congratulations!

It’s not how low it’s about the application being amazing Nd Ryerson seeing an applicants worth beyond numbers. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Nini said:

It’s not how low it’s about the application being amazing Nd Ryerson seeing an applicants worth beyond numbers. 

That may be true but in the Accepted threads we ask that people include their academic stats if they want to post about an acceptance. Even when a school uses a method of assessment where factors beyond numbers are considered, that doesn't mean that numbers are totally ignored. 

• Like 2

ACCEPTED 

LSAT - 175

CGPA - 3.5 (Self Calculated) 

Decent Softs -  Basic work experience throughout school, VP Red Cross, general member of various clubs 

Via Email Few days ago. 

Accepted a little while ago. Posting to contribute data to future LawApplicants.ca calculations!

cGPA - 3.76

L2 - 3.82

LSAT - 165

Accepted on February 12th

(literally never thought I would be able to post this about any law school in Canada, its been what feels like a long road😩 as I am sure is relatable) 

I am unsure how my GPA was calculated as I started a second bachelor degree and have a cgpa of 91%, my first bachelor cgpa was around 3.25 and L2 was around 3.4.

LSAT: 154 

I would say strong EC's and references 

The first school I've heard from so far! 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Hey that's amazing! 

Congrats! Quick question where did you hear from? and is it the single or Dual JD? When were you also referred to adcomm? 

5 minutes ago, dsz2244 said:

Accepted on February 12th

(literally never thought I would be able to post this about any law school in Canada, its been what feels like a long road😩 as I am sure is relatable) 

I am unsure how my GPA was calculated as I started a second bachelor degree and have a cgpa of 91%, my first bachelor cgpa was around 3.25 and L2 was around 3.4.

LSAT: 154 

I would say strong EC's and references 

The first school I've heard from so far! 

15 minutes ago, lawstudentincanada said:

Hey that's amazing! 

Congrats! Quick question where did you hear from? and is it the single or Dual JD? When were you also referred to adcomm? 

wrong thread, this isn't windsor.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Accepted Feb 2, saw on OLSAS, then found official letter in RAMSS

LSAT 159 Oct,  161 Nov

CGPA 3.07 according to OLSAS. (2 undergrads combined, second one 3.8, first was 2.8!)

mature student, career in healthcare, volunteer experiences, respected referees. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Accepted March 2nd, though offer just showed up on OLSAS / RAMSS this morning (March 4th).

cGPA: ~2.5, B20: ~3.4

LSAT: 163

Mature student with a lot of high end work experience in film and television (professional screenwriter on big TV shows, almost a decade experience as a talent agent representing Emmy and Oscar nominated talent, etc).

Edit: About 90% sure that I will be declining.

Edited by PlayALawyerOnTV
  • Like 12

Accepted March 2nd - Updated on OLSAS and RAMSS March 4th

cGPA: 3.86 L2: 3.88 UBC index: 91.95

LSAT: 160

General applicant with a medical science background from UWO. A lot of science related ECs: research, science student counsel, and club president. 

Will be declining - Good luck to everyone waiting!

• Like 4

Accepted March 4th!

b20 GPA: 3.67 (80%)

LSAT: 159

Ryerson is truly holistic! I totally didn't think my stats were high enough. I do have lots of EC's: started a few companies in high school and undergrad, and have over 5 years of professional work experience. 

Will be accepting! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sjcameron said:

Accepted March 4th!

b20 GPA: 3.67 (80%)

LSAT: 159

Ryerson is truly holistic! I totally didn't think my stats were high enough. I do have lots of EC's: started a few companies in high school and undergrad, and have over 5 years of professional work experience. 

Will be accepting! 

Congrats how were you informed? 

Just now, lawstudentincanada said:

Congrats how were you informed? 

RAMMS and OUAC. Just kept checking the portals.

• Like 2

Saw someone post here so decided to check OLSAS. Turns out was also accepted on the 2nd!

CGPA (per OLSAS): 3.54

LSAT: 161

L2: 3.8 / B2: 3.9 

Big social justice focus.

Probably not accepting!

• Like 2

Accepted!

cGPA: 3.7 (Wes)

Lsat: 154, 164 (Jan)

Ecs: I'm a member of RCIC and have over seven years legal working experience. 

Won't accept the offer. Good luck to everyone 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ROY said:

Accepted!

cGPA: 3.7 (Wes)

Lsat: 154, 164 (Jan)

Ecs: I'm a member of RCIC and have over seven years legal working experience. 

Won't accept the offer. Good luck to everyone 

Congratulations!!! Do you mind telling me when you got accepted?

3 minutes ago, Mwatso said:

Congratulations!!! Do you mind telling me when you got accepted?

Thank you

March 2nd