erinl2

Accepted 2021

erinl2

As we have done in previous cycles, we ask that you keep Accepted threads clear of extraneous discussion.

Please list your cgpa, L2, B3, index score, etc.,  LSAT score, and how you were notified.  Please keep questions to asking about these particular details if they are not found in the post itself. Other posts will be deleted so as to keep these threads useful and easy to navigate.

Thank you and good luck to all!

Message added by erinl2

This where acceptances should be posted for the 2021 cycle. Send me a PM when you get an acceptance and the thread will be unlocked so you can post!

3 minutes ago, undertheletter said:

Accepted!

cGPA: 3.83

L2: 3.84

LSAT: 166

Congrats! How were you notified?

19 minutes ago, undertheletter said:

Accepted!

cGPA: 3.83

L2: 3.84

Congrats! I wonder if they update all the portals or whether people will slowly get notified over the next few hours. 

Accepted, saw on the Student Center

cGPA: 3.73

Mature applicant

Congratulations everyone and best of luck!

• Like 2

Accepted! received an email about half an hour ago to check student centre for an update regarding my application

LSAT - 165

cGPA confirmed on OLSAS - 3.63

L2 - 3.84

B3 - 3.79 

• Like 1

Received an email about two hours ago!

LSAT - 170

cGPA - 3.62

L2 - 3.68

Good luck everyone! 

• Like 1

Accepted! 

LSAT - 164 

CGPA - 3.81 (OLSAS) 

Received email a couple of minutes ago!! :) 

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Recent Posts

• ^ What FingersCr0ssed said... but here is my take - very few students have a law related job after 1L. There is a 1L recruit where a limited number of firms hire students. This recruit is heavily focused on your 1L grades.  - UVIC has a co-op program, so UVIC students are somewhat more likely to find law related 1L summer jobs. Usually in a small firm or government office. Hiring for these jobs is generally more holistic than formal recruits. - otherwise you might secure a position with a small law firm, but this isn't a big deal. Try to find something interesting to do - whether that's work, volunteer, travel, or whatever interests you and will make you a more  well-rounded applicant in the future. Many people I went to school with needed and could afford a break and travelled after 1L. Others worked their pre-law jobs in order to save money. There is no wrong way to do the 1L summer, except doing nothing. - In 2L there is a formal recruit that many of your classmates will participate in it starts with On Campus Interviews (OCIs), so when you hear about OCIs this is related. These jobs typically lead to an articling position after 3L , but are not the only way to secure an articling position. You'll want good grades and interesting experience on your application. Having experience traveling, working for something pandemic related, etc. will give you more to talk about than a front desk position at a law firm.  Basically, the best thing you can do right now is something interesting and that you enjoy. Once you're in law school focus on getting good grades. If you can network with people working where you want to work do that, but know it will mostly be for information purposes and probably won't actually lead to a job..
    • Probably as long as the applicant says on the application that they've applied to other law schools, McGill will take that into consideration and might reject amazing stats applicant? IlMagnifico does say they've been already admitted to other school(s). 
    • Hi all, I submitted an application to UNB a while ago. I'm applying in the Regular Category so I am not submitting the Special Circumstances Document nor any Reference Letters.  When I check my application status, my required documents (Resume, Personal Statement, and Transcripts) say Received. However, my optional documents (Special Circumstances Document and Reference Letters) say Outstanding. I was just wondering if there is anything I have to do or submit to indicate that I will not be uploading the optional documents. This is because I do not want them to wait for the optional documents to begin assessing my file as I do not intend to upload the optional documents.  Alternatively, has anybody that has been accepted (without uploading the optional documents) had to do anything to indicate that they were not going to upload the optional documents. Thanks in advance. 
    • I had a similar problem. I was told by UAlberta (and other schools with the same deadline) that I needed an official letter explaining my grades would be delayed. Definitely contact them and let them know.