erinl2

Accepted 2021

erinl2

As we have done in previous cycles, we ask that you keep Accepted threads clear of extraneous discussion.

Please list your cgpa, L2, B3, index score, etc.,  LSAT score, and how you were notified.  Please keep questions to asking about these particular details if they are not found in the post itself. Other posts will be deleted so as to keep these threads useful and easy to navigate.

Thank you and good luck to all!

Message added by erinl2

Posted (edited)

Accepted to the Dual! Checked Detroit Mercy portal around this afternoon. I'm very excited especially since I was rejected from Ryerson last week.

Cgpa: 2.75

B2: 3.5

LSAT: 162

Edited by driftking
grammar
  • Like 7

Accepted to Dual today! No email but status changed to Accepted on the Detroit Mercy Portal. Still in Referred status for Single 

Cgpa: 3.0

L2: 3.5

LSAT: 161

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, SonGoku said:

Accepted to Dual today! No email but status changed to Accepted on the Detroit Mercy Portal. Still in Referred status for Single 

Cgpa: 3.0

L2: 3.5

LSAT: 161

Congratulations on your acceptance!! May I ask how you were able to check the Detroit Mercy Portal? I only received an email to set up my UWin student account.

Edited by missanxiety
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, missanxiety said:

Congratulations on your acceptance!! May I ask how you were able to check the Detroit Mercy Portal? I only received an email to set up my UWin student account.

14 hours ago, foodie1 said:

Same! 

I got an email from them on Feb 26th saying my application was under review. It had the general account setup as well, and a "timeline" (2-3 weeks) that they take to review applications.

Edited by SonGoku
  • Thanks 1

Accepted for Single JD today! 
LSAT: 164 
cGPA: 3.3 
L2: 3.3 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, cake said:

Accepted for Single JD today! 
LSAT: 164 
cGPA: 3.3 
L2: 3.3 

Exciting! How long were you referred?

Just now, Lemonadepie said:

Exciting! How long were you referred?

I was referred on March 8! 

22 minutes ago, cake said:

Were you emailed?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, cake said:

Wow that is fast! Congrats! What are your ECs/other holistic factors like? 

Edited by iLawSchool

1 hour ago, iLawSchool said:

Wow that is fast! Congrats! What are your ECs/other holistic factors like? 

Thank you!! I worked at a legal tech company, did research with at risk youth for prison reform, was a mentor at my university for several years, went on exchange, Model UN, notetaker for students with disabilities and I've done research within Indigenous communities. I'm also on the board of a non-profit. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bmwman said:

Were you emailed?

Yes I was! 

Delete if not allowed,  not sure where to post. For those who applied for the Single and Dual JD programs and have heard from both, how long did it hear to take from the second program? I was referred in early February, heard from Dual JD about 2 weeks later and have ben waiting since to hear about Single JD. Wondering if this is happening to anyone else?

2 minutes ago, Law2021Hopeful said:

Delete if not allowed,  not sure where to post. For those who applied for the Single and Dual JD programs and have heard from both, how long did it hear to take from the second program? I was referred in early February, heard from Dual JD about 2 weeks later and have ben waiting since to hear about Single JD. Wondering if this is happening to anyone else?

I'm in the exact same boat as you

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Law2021Hopeful said:

Same as you. However the Dual JD program has a completely different admissions team than single...single can take as long as August to hear back. That’s what they told me and what it says on their site. 

I am hoping to get into the still and I’ve been referred since January. It’s tough.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Lemonadepie said:

Same as you. However the Dual JD program has a completely different admissions team than single...single can take as long as August to hear back. That’s what they told me and what it says on their site. 

I am hoping to get into the still and I’ve been referred since January. It’s tough.

Great, thank you! Was getting concerned because people being referred later have already heard about single (congrats to them), and I thought it was a rolling admissions as in 'first come first serve' for people referred. Good luck to those still waiting!

Posted (edited)

Accepted today to the Dual JD program! 

cGPA: 3.67 (OLSAS)

L2/ B2: 3.76

BY: 3.77

LSAT: 151 (June Flex), 151 (November flex), 152 (January flex)

Edited by L234
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, cake said:

Thank you!! I worked at a legal tech company, did research with at risk youth for prison reform, was a mentor at my university for several years, went on exchange, Model UN, notetaker for students with disabilities and I've done research within Indigenous communities. I'm also on the board of a non-profit. 

I'm honestly blown away by your ECs. Congrats again!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

CGPA: 3.73 (OLSAS)

LSAT: 155

Great Ecs.

Applied to the single JD program. Accepted earlier today. Was referred/put in que early March. 

Edited by Lawbay5

Posted (edited)

Accepted earlier this month but haven't been able to post until now.

LSAT: 161 Nov -first and only take

CGPA: 3.68 (OLSAS)

EC: decent, mostly social justice based with a bachelor in social work.

Reference from a professor and community justice worker I did my placement with. 

Applied to single JD. Will be accepting!

Edited by Hopeful96

Accepted to dual this morning, still waiting to see for single/other schools 

GPA: 3.15 

LSAT: 155

EC: Youth sports coaching for 4 years (head coach/coordinator positions with high-school and local football teams), various small community involvement opportunities 

I have worked for the Canadian government for the last 3 years as an FSWEP student. I am graduating with a bi-lingual honors degree in History this year from Glendon. Stoked to get the offer, and best of luck to everyone!