erinl2

Accepted 2021

erinl2

As we have done in previous cycles, we ask that you keep Accepted threads clear of extraneous discussion.

Please list your cgpa, L2, B3, index score, etc.,  LSAT score, and how you were notified.  Please keep questions to asking about these particular details if they are not found in the post itself. Other posts will be deleted so as to keep these threads useful and easy to navigate.

Thank you and good luck to all!

Message added by erinl2

11 hours ago, lawstudentincanada said:

where are u checking the Detroit mercy portal?

I got an email from them saying "Your application to Detroit Mercy is complete and under review." It ended up in my junk email so you might have to check there

• Like 1

Accepted to Dual! I was accepted to Detroit Mercy a few days ago, just got notified of my acceptance on the Windsor side.

166 LSAT/3.78 cgpa

Congrats to everyone & good luck!

55 minutes ago, Sadlawprospect said:

I got an email from them saying "Your application to Detroit Mercy is complete and under review." It ended up in my junk email so you might have to check there

I got the same email. But I cant find the log in for detroit- is there a separate log in provided - or just one for Windsor? 

On 1/20/2021 at 9:31 PM, Toby1994 said:

Have people been getting calls? I thought Windsor did emails. 

I got a call from admissions, no email yet.

5 hours ago, lawstudentincanada said:

I got the same email. But I cant find the log in for detroit- is there a separate log in provided - or just one for Windsor? 

My log-in and password were included in the email

Admitted to the Dual JD! I was referred January 15th for both dual and single jd and just got in on the Detroit Mercy side today!

CGPA: 3.01

L2: 3.4

LSAT: 164

Kind of freaking out cuz I wasn't expecting anything with my cgpa but wow! Hoping to get a decision on the single JD as well. Good luck everyone!

• Like 4

On 1/21/2021 at 10:04 PM, lawstudentincanada said:

wait are u a Canadian student/resident? And Detroit emailed you ? 

I am a Canadian resident, I applied to the Dual program through both Windsor and Detroit. I have been sent emails and spoken to Detroit faculty, nothing from Windsor yet iirc.

Got the email this morning!

Accepted to the JD program.

LSAT: 166,  cGPA: 3.3,  L2: 3.8

Good luck to all!

• Like 4

Accepted to Dual (On Detroit Mercy Portal)

161 LSAT

3.77 GPA (B2 and L2 are also 3.77)

Quite good EC, and at least 1/3 reference letters were strong (my guess is they all were strong though - just un-verified)

• Like 1

Accepted to Dual (through Detroit Mercy portal), although I'm still "Referred to Admissions" on the Windsor side. Not quite sure what this means! 

165 LSAT 

3.34 CGPA 

3.67 L2/B2

I'd say pretty good EC, tons of volunteer work, work with indigenous communities for over 5 years, approx. 2 years of work in a law-related position. 

• Like 2

So excited to be writing this!
Accepted this morning - got the email just after 8am.
cGPA (as per OLSAS): 3.66 
L2: 3.81
LSAT: 159 
Referred to admission committee on Jan 15th
Good luck to all those still waiting :-) !

Edited by peanut123
more information to add
  • Like 2

Accepted to Dual JD today!

OLSAS cGPA - 3.37     (not certain of B2 but around 3.6)

LSAT - 163

I was emailed by Detroit Mercy on the 23rd saying my application was complete & under review. I got impatient, checked their website yesterday and found out I had been admitted to Detroit Mercy for Dual JD.

Was emailed today with official acceptance package

Edited by W3nd3l
  • Like 2

Accepted today by email.

cGPA 3.18

L2 3.7ish

Decent ECs

Provided information regarding low cGPA due to health issues.

LSAT 163

• Like 2

Got in this afternoon by email to dual program.

LSAT: 162
cGPA: 3.18
L2: 3.50

No extra curricular activities until 3rd year of undergrad other than recreational sports and easy summer jobs, then got involved in a campus political club and became a VP within one year. First year out of undergrad working part time each for both a lawyer and a paralegal.

Was emailed on January 23 saying my application had been referred to the admissions committee, email came from Detroit not from Windsor. 

• Like 5

On the Windsor website  my application status still says complete...is that the same for anyone? 

Edited by acceptance
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, acceptance said:

On the Windsor website  my application status still says complete...is that the same for anyone? 

Mine also says that. Maybe they just haven't had the chance to look at our applications yet?

My stats are decent enough but I'd assume they sort them all based on LSAT + cGPA and open them from there. Might just have to wait for a bit until they get around to us.

• Like 2

If anyone wants to continue this conversation about app status, please start a new thread. This isn't the place for it. Thanks!

• Like 4