erinl2

As we have done in previous cycles, we ask that you keep Accepted threads clear of extraneous discussion.

Please list your cgpa, L2, B3, index score, etc.,  LSAT score, and how you were notified.  Please keep questions to asking about these particular details if they are not found in the post itself. Other posts will be deleted so as to keep these threads useful and easy to navigate.

Thank you and good luck to all!

Message added by erinl2

I'm not in the country so I got an email instead of a call. I'm FREAKING OUT, Lakehead is one of my top 3 schools I was hoping for. 

General Category

LSAT: 158, 156

OLSAS cGPA: 3.57

I thought my ECs and LORs were pretty good, I was close with both professors that wrote them. I didn't have a lot of experience in regards to the mandates but my degree is in English literature and I focused a lot on post-colonialism and indigenous writers in my essays/choice of classes and wrote about that. I'm also hoping to open my own practice one day in rural Ontario. 

So excited!! 

• Like 3

Got the call January 8th! 

OLSAS: 3.49 

LSAT: 159

Indigenous applicant with lots of Indigenous work experience. I wrote my statement on 2 of the mandate areas: small town law and Indigenous law. Also got offered an entrance scholarship! 

• Like 4

I am writing to say I just got the call right now and got accepted.

GPA: 3.83 

LSAT: 152 

I am crying of happiness. Lakehead is not one of my top choices, but i am seriously considering it. First acceptance of the year!

• Like 6

I received the phone call a few minutes ago!! Super excited!!!

General category. 

cGPA: 3.55 (non-traditional undergrad with upward trend in grades)

LSAT: 152

Currently completing an MA at another Ontario school.

Wide range of volunteer and work experiences - not all directly related to the mandate but I connected them in my PS.

• Like 6

Got the call a few minutes ago. 

CGPA: 3.4 

LSAT: 164 

Relevant ECs include various volunteer positions in a rural town and military experience involving outreach to veterans in rural communities. 

• Like 6

Got a call this morning! Might have shed a few tears, extremely grateful for this opportunity. A Dream Come True.

OLSAS cgpa: 3.65 , L2: 3.77

LSAT: 150

Strong LORS in my opinion, volunteered for many different organizations throughout undergrad, and strong PS towards 2/3 of the mandates. Good luck to all.

• Like 6

Does anyone know when we will get the email by? I didn’t get any email yet. And do we accept on OLSAS? 

Got the phone call today!!!! I was not expecting to receive an acceptance this early (or at all tbh) so I am super happy! 

OLSAS CGPA: 3.4 

B3: 3.85

LSAT: 154 (twice)

Excellent LOR’s, decent EC’s, unique volunteering experience with LGBTQ+ orgs, and job experience in government and rural healthcare. My PS connected with 2/3 mandate areas. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, sarahoran12 said:

Does anyone know when we will get the email by? I didn’t get any email yet. And do we accept on OLSAS? 

I got my email the day of, but I would give it a week. And yes, it may take awhile to show up on OLSAS but that is how you accept. Instructions are in the Lakehead student portal account (you will receive the login via email.. so just wait on that, too).

• Thanks 1

Good morning! Just got the call!

CGPA 3.38 according to OLSAS, L2 3.7, LSAT 163

BA, MA, involvement in student governance leadership during undergrad, and two years working with Indigenous government in NWT. 

Good luck to everyone still waiting!

• Like 3

15 hours ago, sarahoran12 said:

When I spoke with them on the phone, they said I would be getting the email "shortly" I would guess that means today. 

They also said they would update OLSAS today but that OLSAS takes a while to update so not to panic. :)

Edited by GoingLegal

Just got the call that I'm in! Super excited. 

165 LSAT 

3.34 CGPA 

3.67 L2/B2 

My ECs are pretty good, I have a lot of volunteer work and over 5 years of experience working with indigenous communities (a big chunk of my personal statement focused on that experience). I also have ~2 years of work as a legal assistant. 

• Like 4

Just got a call this morning! Definitely an ideal way to start the day! 

CGPA: 3.28

L2/B2: 3.47

LSAT: 168

PS focused on volunteer experience/international experience working with at risk communities. It wasn't super tailored to the mandates. 

Edited by hopingforamiracle
  • Like 3

Just got the call this morning!

CGPA: 3.34

LSAT: 158

EC's were pretty strong. Varsity athletics and lots of volunteer experience. Had extenuating circumstances throughout most of undergrad. PS was strongly linked to mandates (I have multiple years working in conservation with the government).

Good luck to all still waiting!

• Like 5

Over the moon to be posting here - second time applicant! I just got the call this morning

cGPA: 3.0 (OLSAS)

B2: 3.7

LSAT: 149, 153, 157, 156

ECs social justice oriented and I have volunteered/worked at a women's clinic for the past 1.5/2 years.

• Like 3

Got my call earlier this morning.

cGPA: 3.16 (OLSAS)

L2: 3.2ish

LSAT: 156, 159, 161, (January score unreleased)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, sarahoran12 said:

Are you guys accepting or waiting for other schools? 

I will likely wait a little longer as it is still relatively early in the cycle

• Like 2

15 hours ago, sarahoran12 said:

Are you guys accepting or waiting for other schools? 

I will provisionally accept but I’m waiting on a few other schools closer to my home town. Lakehead is one of my top choices but relocating to Thunder Bay would be a difficult move. 

• Like 1