erinl2

As we have done in previous cycles, we ask that you keep Accepted threads clear of extraneous discussion.

Please list your cgpa, L2, B3, index score, etc.,  LSAT score, and how you were notified.  Please keep questions to asking about these particular details if they are not found in the post itself. Other posts will be deleted so as to keep these threads useful and easy to navigate.

Thank you and good luck to all!

Message added by erinl2

This where acceptances should be posted for the 2021 cycle. Send me a PM when you get an acceptance and the thread will be unlocked so you can post!

1 hour ago, guelphlawyer101 said:

Beyond happy to say that I got the phone call at 9:50 this morning! cGPA 3.94 as per OLSAS, L2/B2 3.9, LSAT 153, 158. Best of luck to all those waiting!

Congratulations!! Glad that this thread is open for business. 

What category did you apply in? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, guelphlawyer101 said:

Beyond happy to say that I got the phone call at 9:50 this morning! cGPA 3.94 as per OLSAS, L2/B2 3.9, LSAT 153, 158. Best of luck to all those waiting!

Strong ties to the mandates? 

Congrats!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BeLawyer said:

Congratulations!! Glad that this thread is open for business. 

What category did you apply in? 

Thank you! I applied general 

Just now, Seekingredemption said:

Strong ties to the mandates? 

Congrats!

Thank you!  My personal statement focused on 2 of the mandate areas: Aboriginal and Indigenous Law and the IPC. I also discussed my connections working in Northern Ontario and research I've participated in on Indigenous legal issues. I also hope to focus my work as a lawyer on advocating for Indigenous Peoples, which I also mentioned in my personal statement. LORs were from 2 professors and 1 non-academic from a volunteer supervisor. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So excited to say that I just received the phone call!

cGPA: 3.87 (olsas) L2/B2: 3.9

Lsat: 152 (August), 155 (November)

Applied in general category! Goodluck to everyone! 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Bell0810 said:

So excited to say that I just received the phone call!

cGPA: 3.87 (olsas) L2/B2: 3.9

Lsat: 152 (August), 155 (November)

Applied in general category! Goodluck to everyone! 

How were your ECs, connections to mandates etc.? 

3 hours ago, pitcher45 said:

How were your ECs, connections to mandates etc.? 

EC's were decent in my opinion, involved in a few clubs just as a general member, involved in a few volunteer commitments but they were long term and a few co-op placements. No solid connections to mandates, but discussed my academic knowledge and experience writing about Indigenous law. 

I almost can’t believe I’m posting this here. 

Just got the call! 

OLSAS cgpa 3.70  B2 3.88 

LSAT 158

Had extenuating circumstances (health) during undergrad. Connections to mandate were decent. I come from a small town in Ontario (not the north) and wrote about my passion for the environment, as well as their IPC. 

Redemption has been earned.

Edit: To clarify, I applied access. 

Edited by Seekingredemption
  • Like 7

32 minutes ago, Seekingredemption said:

I almost can’t believe I’m posting this here. 

Just got the call! 

OLSAS cgpa 3.70  B2 3.88 

LSAT 158

Had extenuating circumstances (health) during undergrad. Connections to mandate were decent. I come from a small town in Ontario (not the north) and wrote about my passion for the environment, as well as their IPC. 

Redemption has been earned.

Congratulations, that is awesome! Did you apply through the access category?

• Thanks 1

Hi, all!

I am very proud to say I received the call yesterday afternoon. 

General Category

LSAT: 156 (August)

cGPA: 3.87 (OLSAS) B2: 3.93

I had very strong ECs and LoRs, I have legal work experience, and I have strong connections to the small-town & Indigenous mandates.

See y'all in T-Bay!

• Like 3

AHHHH!!!!! First acceptance! Just received the call today around noon.

LSAT: 157

cGPA: 3.55 (OLSAS)

Applied Indigenous category, so naturally I have some connection to the mandates :) Also received $5000 scholarship which is so lovely. Omg!

• Like 10

After missing two calls today finally got through and was accepted! 

LSAT 155- Oct (rewriting in Jan) 

cgpa- 3.6 OLSAS

L2- 3.7 OLSAS

general category 

ECs- nothing super special, however my background I think was very relevant to the three mandates.

No connection to Thunder Bay 

My degree is in the environmental sciences department for geography at a different Ontario university. I got a department award for research in northern studies. I did a community based research project on the economics of small Ontario towns. Also had a connection to indigenous issues (I myself am not status indigenous). I put a lot of effort into my Personal Statement, which definitely made the difference in getting accepted this early given my mediocre Lsat score. 

Edited by ONTLawstudenthopeful
  • Like 2

Got the call yesterday afternoon (December 10th)!

Really happy to get my first offer of admission after not getting any last year.

General category, 161 LSAT (153 last year), 3.74 GPA calculated by OLSAS.

Offer expires April 1st.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, castlepie said:

AHHHH!!!!! First acceptance! Just received the call today around noon.

LSAT: 157

cGPA: 3.55 (OLSAS)

Applied Indigenous category, so naturally I have some connection to the mandates :) Also received $5000 scholarship which is so lovely. Omg!

Oh I should add - I have until April 1st to respond.

(Thanks @mattk97 for reminding me haha)

Very excited to say I received an offer of admission today!!

General category
LSAT: 166, November test
OLSAS cGPA: 3.75
Pretty good ECs, strong LoRs (one professional, one academic). Connections to the 3 mandates with my work and academic experience, as well as growing up and participating in rural Ontario communities. 

Good luck all :)

• Like 1