erinl2

Accepted 2021

erinl2

As we have done in previous cycles, we ask that you keep Accepted threads clear of extraneous discussion.

Please list your cgpa, L2, B3, index score, etc.,  LSAT score, and how you were notified.  Please keep questions to asking about these particular details if they are not found in the post itself. Other posts will be deleted so as to keep these threads useful and easy to navigate.

Thank you and good luck to all!

Message added by erinl2

Accepted yesterday, Special Applicant. 

153 LSAT/3.7 GPA. Strong Sask connection. Can't be sure about my ECs and Reference Letters but I believe them to be strong as well. 

My deadline to accept is May 25th. Will be deciding between Manitoba and Sask! 

1 hour ago, peggyolson said:

Accepted yesterday, Special Applicant. 

153 LSAT/3.7 GPA. Strong Sask connection. Can't be sure about my ECs and Reference Letters but I believe them to be strong as well. 

My deadline to accept is May 25th. Will be deciding between Manitoba and Sask! 

Congratulations! Did you receive an email?

32 minutes ago, lawlover44 said:

Congratulations! Did you receive an email?

Rec'd an email early this morning to check my portal. The admissions letter was dated yesterday! 

Accepted today. Letter was uploaded to the portal as a new tab called “decision history”.

158 LSAT (January 2020 - only write). Not sure what they calculated my GPA as, but it’s about 3.94/4.00 for the last 60 and 3.63 cGPA. Mature student/special applicant. Minor sask connection. 13 years work experience. 

Edited by Jinx13
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jinx13 said:

Accepted today. Letter was uploaded to the portal as a new tab called “decision history”.

158 LSAT (January 2020 - only write). Not sure what they calculated my GPA as, but it’s about 3.94/4.00 for the last 60 and 3.63 cGPA. Mature student/special applicant. Minor sask connection. 13 years work experience. 

Congrats on your acceptance! Will you be accepting or declining? As well, would you mind sharing the deadline you were given to accept by?

Edited by elliotwoods
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, elliotwoods said:

Congrats on your acceptance! Will you be accepting or declining? As well, would you mind sharing the deadline you were given to accept by?

I will likely be accepting. They gave me until May 26

• Like 1

Accepted this morning.

B2 - 3.52, 161 LSAT, no Sask connection.  Applied as a Special Applicant and also given until May 26th to decide.

Will be declining due to personal circumstances.  Best of luck for everyone else!

Edited by Ayrsayle
forgot to add LSAT info.

ACCEPTED! So unbelievably happy right now.

Acceptance letter is dated May 4th (email received on May 5th).

LSAT: 152 (there is hope!)

B2: 3.9/4.3

Applied as a special applicant.

Accepted the offer yesterday. Looking forward to the next three years! Can't wait to meet all of you ❤️

• Like 3

Accepted yesterday !!

cGpa: 3.0 

L2: 3.65ish 

LSAT: 161

regular applicant!! 
This just goes to show if you are someone like myself with a really low cGpa please don’t lose hope, you’ll definitely get into some law schools ❤️

Edited by Legallybrunette123
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, Legallybrunette123 said:

Accepted yesterday !!

cGpa: 3.0 

L2: 3.65ish 

LSAT: 161

regular applicant!! 
This just goes to show if you are someone like myself with a really low cGpa please don’t lose hope, you’ll definitely get into some law schools ❤️

Congrats soooo happy for you !! ❤️

my stats are around the same but a bit lower! 
what was your L2?
Did you have a strong Saskatchewan connection?

Alsoooo (only if you don’t mind sharing) what did you touch on in your personal statement?

Andddd will you be accepting?

Edited by Peachylemons
  • Like 2

Logged into the application portal on a whim, just to see if anything had changed since finalizing my application... saw "Action Required", proceeded to enter a state of "what the eff is going on here", then saw the acceptance letter. Will be waiting on the email to come thru tomorrow. 

-Special considerations candidate

-BEd - Spanish major, English minor  

-L2 GPA = 3.9 

-cGPA = ~3.6

-LSAT = 154

My experiences and references were strong. References included a prof & former UNESCO board member, as well as a CAF Colonel w/ roughly 40 years experience in the legal profession. Background is pretty diverse and included heavy extra-curricular activity (i.e. 5 year varsity athlete, volunteering abroad, coaching, etc.) and notable experiences (i.e. semester abroad, teaching at risk youth, a year as a law clerk at a small law firm).

Also, as a side note to those of you scrolling thru these forums in that early life crisis state of anxiety, just stick with it. I didn't think I'd be "smart enough" for law school especially since my undergrad was in a foreign language w/ native speakers, I have an F on my transcript (justified, but a long story; found a way to explain it away thru the special considerations category), and was was rejected by everyone when I originally applied in 2019. Fell into that "what if" panic, but decided to get some work experience, put together some kick-a$$ applications, and here we are. Why not you?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Peachylemons said:

Congrats soooo happy for you !! ❤️

my stats are around the same but a bit lower! 
what was your L2?
Did you have a strong Saskatchewan connection?

Alsoooo (only if you don’t mind sharing) what did you touch on in your personal statement?

Andddd will you be accepting?

Hey, thank youuu !!

So my L2 is about 3.65 as mentioned it sometimes calculates as 3.63 to 3.67 since it has a couple summer courses and idk if they count those or the courses from a year prior to that :) 

I actually did not have any sask connection, just 2 of my friends go to USask medical school but I didn’t mention that in the application because I really didn’t think that was a connection in anyway. 

my personal statement was basically about why I wanted to go into law - which specific areas of law I would like to focus on if I got the opportunity to study law, which specific projects I have previously worked on and which ones I would be able to work better on if I obtain a law degree from Saskatchewan as there is only so much you can do as a volunteer but a lot more you can do as a lawyer in many human rights projects, and at last I talked about why my grades were so low in first year of university and how I improved them and was able to keep them stable and will be able to continue that in law school as well :) 

I honestly don’t know if I’ll be accepting yet or not as I am waiting from multiple waitlists, also I got into TRU about a month and half ago and I am leaning a bit towards that school as well!! 

• Like 1

Accepted on May 5th! I'm really excited!

cGPA is 3.1 

LSAT 163

No Sask connection

I applied as a special applicant

I will likely be accepting!! I have until May 26th to decide

Accepted 3.62 CGPA and 160 LSAT -Applied Special 

I will be declining.

Best of luck everyone! 

for those of you who have been accepted, what does the status on the portal say? 

Mine has been stuck on "Completed" for a couple months now...anyone else stuck on this as well?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, molestrios said:

for those of you who have been accepted, what does the status on the portal say? 

Mine has been stuck on "Completed" for a couple months now...anyone else stuck on this as well?

Mine says ‘action required’, “decision made” with the option to download the letter right beside the decision made tab as well as the option to ‘respond now’ which clicks into the options to accept or reject the offer! The name of the downloadable letter is “Law_OfferUnconditional” 

Edited by Legallybrunette123