erinl2

Accepted 2021

erinl2

As we have done in previous cycles, we ask that you keep Accepted threads clear of extraneous discussion.

Please list your cgpa, L2, B3, index score, etc.,  LSAT score, and how you were notified.  Please keep questions to asking about these particular details if they are not found in the post itself. Other posts will be deleted so as to keep these threads useful and easy to navigate.

Thank you and good luck to all!

Message added by erinl2

Accepted today

cGPA: 3.68 / 4

L2: not sure

LSAT: 164

Goodluck everyone

• Like 1

Accepted in December! 

L2: ~3.5

LSAT: 162

Congratulations to everyone already accepted and good luck to those still waiting. See you in September.

• Like 2

On 1/15/2021 at 2:42 PM, lawclassof24 said:

Accepted in December! 

L2: ~3.5

Congratulations to everyone already accepted and good luck to those still waiting. See you in September.

Congrats!! 

I have similar stats (3.42, 162, Strong EC's) so waiting on the (hopefully) good news! 

Just got accepted on the CAS and email! 

L2: 3.9 

I would say pretty strong EC's. Uploaded final marks from Fall Semester on the 18th of January. 

See you all soon!

• Like 6

Congrats to everyone accepted so far!

Curious—did your portal update right away to show you were accepted?

Edit— Sigh. Nevermind! I reread BaldBeard’s post that mentions CAS 😆🤦‍♀️

Edited by abc321
I posted TOO QUICK haha

1 minute ago, abc321 said:

Congrats to everyone accepted so far!

Curious—did your portal update right away to show you were accepted?

Yes! 

• Like 1

Just got the e-mail this morning, super shocked - thought my low cGPA would push me to the later portion of applicants considered.

cGPA: 2.9 (rough first 2 years)

L2: 3.7 (self-calculated)

LSAT: 163 

EC's - worked for 3 years in a family law firm throughout undergrad, volunteered with a major civil rights & liberties organization, volunteer clerked for a legal clinic in my home province. 

Will likely wait to hear back from a couple of other schools before making a decision; good luck to everyone!

Edited by jp03152
  • Like 3

Got the email today.

L2: 3.8

Submitted beginning of December. Strong personal statement, strong work experience, and decent ECs. Will most likely not be accepting, still waiting to hear from other schools!

• Like 3

Accepted this morning! 😊

cGPA: 3.69

L2: 3.78 (self-calculated)

LSAT: 161

UCalgary combined degree undergrad with multiple volunteering ECs. 

Good luck to those still waiting! 

• Like 5

Just got the email this morning. One my of top choices, and honestly was shocked to receive an offer from anywhere this early.

L2: 3.5

cGPA: 3.5

I submitted in early October. My volunteer experience is fairly limited. My personal statement was strong and convincing in my opinion, and I believe this helped. 

• Like 9

7 hours ago, River88 said:

Just got the email this morning. One my of top choices, and honestly was shocked to receive an offer from anywhere this early.

L2: 3.5

cGPA: 3.5

I submitted in early October. My volunteer experience is fairly limited. My personal statement was strong and convincing in my opinion, and I believe this helped. 

Congratulations! I love seeing posts like these 🥺 

Do you mind elaborating on your PS/work experience/extracurriculars? 

11 hours ago, gcyeg said:

Congratulations! I love seeing posts like these 🥺 

Do you mind elaborating on your PS/work experience/extracurriculars? 

Thank you!! 

I wrote both the 1000 word optional response (special facts related to diversity, inclusion, lived experience) and the 500 word required statement of interest.

In the 1000 word response I basically said how I grew from a child uninterested in academia who saw myself as an average student, to a young adult now enthused with learning and set on achieving the best grades possible. The core of this was how I changed, how I grew, and how I realized I was capable of achieving great things if I believed in myself.

The 500 word statement of interest complemented the optional response by building on its narrative of change and growth to say how I will continue these two things at U of C Law. After that mentioned what my areas of interest are and why Calgary Law is a place I want to study.

I took a year off high school to work, mainly oilfield and supporting industry jobs. During the years of my undergrad studies all of my jobs have been summer positions (golf courses, etc.) and part time while in school (lululemon, serving). The winter semester last year I was taking two online courses while working full time at a position within my field of study. I got laid off due to COVID in March. After that I finished the classes I was taking, studied for the LSAT, and wrote it for the second time in August getting a 162 (I got a 155 my first time writing in September 2019). 

My EC is all volunteering. I have five or six unique volunteer experiences ranging from helping build homes with Habitat for Humanity to assisting at a social media convention. I say my volunteer experience is limited because I only started in 2017. I'm not sure what the "average" amount of volunteer experience of applicants are, but I felt mine was lesser. I tend to not give myself enough credit sometimes though, so who knows, maybe I'm right in the average.

I hope this helps! If you're like me then you probably have a stronger application than you think, don't let waiting worry you too much. 

• Like 2

I got the email this week!! I was so shocked. I feel like I just submitted the application. 

L2: 3.6

LSAT:162, 84th percentile

BA, MPP, good work experience, strong ECs and very multicultural background. Multilingual and tons of experience living abroad.

• Like 1

Just received the email! Applied in my third year, meaning I won't be completing my degree

GPA; 82% (3.69/4.33) (L2 is the same as I have only completed 2.5 years)

LSAT: 170 (97th percentile) (2nd try; first attempt 164)

virtually no volunteer experience, however I worked full time in the restaurant industry and travelled extensively before beginning my degree, which is what I focused on in my essay.

Still waiting to hear from other schools, but definitely will consider this offer seriously!

Congrats everyone!

• Like 2

Just got the email! Alberta resident, 3.5 167 and decent ec's. Still waiting on other schools! 

PS if you're like I was and check these forums every second, don't. You'll get in at the same time regardless! Best of luck!

• Like 3

Got my acceptance email a couple of weeks ago, thought I’d stop lurking and share.

L2: 6.82 on UVIC’s 9 point scale 

LSAT: 163

6 years of work and volunteer experience 

Got the acceptance email tonight – very excited because it's my first one!

cGPA: 3.43, L2: ~3.6
LSAT: 167 (only write)
ECs – recent university volunteering/club involvement and summer internships

Still waiting on other schools but would seriously consider Calgary even with other options!

• Like 2