erinl2

Accepted 2021

erinl2

As we have done in previous cycles, we ask that you keep Accepted threads clear of extraneous discussion.

Please list your cgpa, L2, B3, index score, etc.,  LSAT score, and how you were notified.  Please keep questions to asking about these particular details if they are not found in the post itself. Other posts will be deleted so as to keep these threads useful and easy to navigate.

Thank you and good luck to all!

Message added by erinl2

1 hour ago, abc321 said:

L2: A-

LSAT: 157

10 years work experience, applied as Special Consideration applicant.

Not sure if I will accept, because I had thought I would do a different program.. but now I have NO IDEA!

and now I am crying. 😆

1 hour ago, Dancetheskies said:

Oh my god you guys! I just got my acceptance about an hour ago!

I really wasn't expecting anything because my undergrad results are not super good but I am so happy!

L2: 2.7 (C+ according to TRU)

LSAT 160

Good ECs and 10 years work experience as an RN

I will likely be accepting as you can probably tell my GPA is not super competitive lol, but I'll wait to hear from Uvic regardless just in case!

Congratulations!! Just for reference which lsat test dates did you apply with? 

10 minutes ago, letsdothis said:

My LSAT is from November 2020. 

28 minutes ago, letsdothis said:

I've actually written it twice a 157 in November and a 160 in January

4 hours ago, jdhopeful16 said:

Just got accepted 15 minutes ago!!!!!!!!!

I cannot believe it, words cannot express how I am feeling right now, I am so thankful for this opportunity!

GPA: A (according to TRU)

LSAT: 150

Applied Special Considerations.

For reference, I went decision pending March 16th.

Never Give Up!

congrats 💜  would you be willing to elaborate on your ECs/circumstances?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, gcyeg said:

congrats 💜  would you be willing to elaborate on your ECs/circumstances?

Thank you! There were some personal life events that occurred throughout undergrad that I will not speak about as they are personal and did affect my studies.

In my final sem of undergrad right now, have worked multiple part-time jobs (both law and non-law related) all throughout school while volunteering for as many as five organizations both in and out of school (on a couple board committees). 

Though subjective, do believe I had two strong references as they were profs I developed great relationships with and participated in research with.

I do believe my personal statement was my strongest part of my application as I tailored it to specific courses, mooting opportunities, and professors at TRU.

Applied early January, app not competed until end of January. Took August lsat.

Also all around grateful for the holistic admission process at TRU which definitely helped but can also be unpredictable.

Edited by jdhopeful16
  • Like 4

Got accepted today...

cGPA: ~3.0; L2: 3.3; LSAT: 161; TRU calculated B+

Have an MSc with a 3.97 gpa; semi-strong ECs; probably strong reference letters

My undergrad GPA is abysmal and I did not think I was getting in. I know its easier to say this when you've been accepted, but please don't let your statistics hold you back or get you down. Get out there, volunteer, and do a thing or two. Its your lived experiences and how you can convey your lessons that matter. Keep at it folks! If not law, you know you can apply yourself in many many other ways. All the best. 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

Just got my acceptance earlier in the day and I’m still in disbelief. I applied to two other schools, had minimal hope for all three applications, and was studying to rewrite the LSAT. I’ve spent a long time lurking on these forums unregistered and I never thought I’d make a post like this! 

TRU GPA: A- 

cGPA: ~2.6 [2.2 (5 Year BSc)+ 3.4 (2 Year BA)]

L2: 3.4 

LSAT: 159

ECs: Volunteered with 3 organizations on campus for 4-6 years each, 3 years in senior leadership with all three organizations each. Summer internship with the Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry exploring health policy and careers. Working in hospital food services for over 7 years and most recently, working in volunteer management since February of last year 

Personal Statement/Resume: Mainly focused on my passion for volunteering, personal growth and the circumstances that lead me to my lowest of lows, and how I overcame those. 

References: Professor and Supervisor who oversaw my personal growth over these several years. 

Hopefully this information helps folks find common ground. After 7 years of undergrad,  I am just so so excited. 

Edited by ChipOnMyShoulder
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, ChipOnMyShoulder said:

Just got my acceptance earlier in the day and I’m still in disbelief. I applied to two other schools, had minimal hope for all three applications, and was studying to rewrite the LSAT. I’ve spent a long time lurking on these forums unregistered and I never thought I’d make a post like this! 

ECs: Volunteered with 3 organizations on campus for 4-6 years each, 3 years in senior leadership with all three organizations each. Summer internship with the Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry exploring health policy and careers. Working in hospital food services for over 7 years and most recently, working in volunteer management since February of last year 

Personal Statement/Resume: Mainly focused on my passion for volunteering, personal growth and the circumstances that lead me to my lowest of lows, and how I overcame those. 

References: Professor and Supervisor who oversaw my personal growth over these several years. 

Hopefully this information helps folks find common ground. After 7 years of undergrad,  I am just so so excited. 

Right on person! I'm proud of you. Your doing great.

• Like 1

Accepted April 1 as special considerations applicant (1st language = Polish; diagnosed “disability”)

BEd - Spanish major, English minor  

L2 GPA = 3.9 

cGPA = ~3.6

LSAT = 154

References included a prof & former UNESCO board member, and also a CAF Colonel w/ roughly 40 years experience in the legal profession.

Background is pretty diverse and included heavy extra-curricular activity (i.e. 5 year varsity athlete, volunteering abroad, coaching, etc.) and notable experiences (i.e. semester abroad, teaching at risk youth, a year as a law clerk at a small firm) 

• Like 4

I received my acceptance on March 25th and was in such disbelief that I needed my sister to read my letter for me because I literally forgot how to read in that moment LOL. I was beyond words and just could not believe that I got in.

Some background info as to why this was such a big deal for me: I've taken the LSAT 6 times, my first score was a 142 and it absolutely crushed me but I told myself that I wouldn't give up! I kept going and it was brutal. I'll be real, it was NOT easy - there were so many moments where I almost gave up. The last LSAT I took was a score of 159 and I was so happy but also scared that the law schools I applied to would judge me based on the number of times I took the exam. So when I saw that I got in, I cried my face off because I was so happy.

Words cannot express how excited and happy I am that TRU is giving me a chance to pursue my dream! To those that are/were in the same boat as me, don't give up. It's hard but trust the process.

• Like 11

47 minutes ago, lawhopeful16 said:

I received my acceptance on March 25th and was in such disbelief that I needed my sister to read my letter for me because I literally forgot how to read in that moment LOL. I was beyond words and just could not believe that I got in.

Some background info as to why this was such a big deal for me: I've taken the LSAT 6 times, my first score was a 142 and it absolutely crushed me but I told myself that I wouldn't give up! I kept going and it was brutal. I'll be real, it was NOT easy - there were so many moments where I almost gave up. The last LSAT I took was a score of 159 and I was so happy but also scared that the law schools I applied to would judge me based on the number of times I took the exam. So when I saw that I got in, I cried my face off because I was so happy.

Words cannot express how excited and happy I am that TRU is giving me a chance to pursue my dream! To those that are/were in the same boat as me, don't give up. It's hard but trust the process.

I'm very happy that you got in! I'm so terrified of redoing the lsat so many times- since it seems like most people get in after only doing it 1-3 times.  May I ask what your gpa was like?

1 hour ago, hipanda said:

I'm very happy that you got in! I'm so terrified of redoing the lsat so many times- since it seems like most people get in after only doing it 1-3 times.  May I ask what your gpa was like?

Thank you!! Honestly, don't be afraid because the lsat is only one part of what they look at! My GPA was 3.75! 

Posted (edited)

Does anyone know the latest deadline to accept an offer right now?

Edited by WannaBLawyer

On 4/10/2021 at 3:20 AM, ChipOnMyShoulder said:

congrats! Out of curiosity, what was the deadline given to accept?

33 minutes ago, WannaBLawyer said:

It is usually three weeks. So if the last round was on April 9th, my guess would be April 30th!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, WannaBLawyer said:

I was notified on April 1st and was given until April 22nd to accept the offer

• Like 2

Received my acceptance letter on March 26th & I've subsequently paid the deposit to reserve my seat.

OLSAS cGPA: 3.51
TRU GPA: A
LSAT: 151, 155

• Like 2

On 4/26/2021 at 6:24 PM, bst said:

Received my acceptance letter on March 26th & I've subsequently paid the deposit to reserve my seat.

OLSAS cGPA: 3.51
TRU GPA: A
LSAT: 151, 155

I paid my deposit today. Besides the receipt sent to my email, should I be expecting any other notifications?