erinl2

Accepted 2021

erinl2

As we have done in previous cycles, we ask that you keep Accepted threads clear of extraneous discussion.

Please list your cgpa, L2, B3, index score, etc.,  LSAT score, and how you were notified.  Please keep questions to asking about these particular details if they are not found in the post itself. Other posts will be deleted so as to keep these threads useful and easy to navigate.

Thank you and good luck to all!

Message added by erinl2

Accepted this afternoon around 3:20pm!

Applied January 26, went pending a couple weeks ago.

LSAT 162, CGPA 3.5 and L2 ~3.65 (A- according to TRU).

Also, my deadline to pay the commitment fee is April 22, 2021.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dsz2244 said:

OH MY GOSH! I also cannot believe this, literally I am in SHOCK right now. I haven't gotten an email yet but I just checked my account and it says seat offered, will the email be coming soon? (tell me why I'm like is this an April fools joke though😩😩😩😩

Honestly these last few years have been such a struggle and I really can't believe I am here right now, thriving. so to the people waiting who have been through the most and think they cant, YOU CAN. it'll work out one day, don't give up!!! 

Not sure how they did the math on my GPA as I am in a second bachelors degree with a cgpa of 91% but my first undergrad cgpa was around 3.25. 

LSAT 154

Went pending on Tuesday 

Congrats! Were you a regular applicant? Also, what letter grade did they assign you (should be listed on your mytru account when you check your application)?  thanks in advance!

OH MYYYY GAWDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Applied Feb 5, regular

Got the email April 1, 6:20pm est

GPA: A- (according to TRU application summary)

LSAT: 160

Ontario resident

• Like 2

Just got accepted today, and will most likely take the seat as I have heard great things about TRU law!

LSAT: 165 only attempt

GPA: A (At least, that is what TRU came up with on my portal)

Applied later January.

Good luck to everyone still waiting.

• Like 2

First acceptance! Super happy and grateful!

cGPA : 3.61, A (according to TRU)
LSAT: 155 

Deadline to accept - April 22nd 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WannaBLawyer said:

Congrats! Were you a regular applicant? Also, what letter grade did they assign you (should be listed on your mytru account when you check your application)?  thanks in advance!

Hi, I applied special circumstance! and I have no letter grade assigned, as I said I think it was a messy calculation between the degrees, I just have my LSAT score in brackets. I assume it was probably an A based on the number of courses they look at. Sorry that it isn't more helpful! 

Posted (edited)

Hey got accepted at 6am today lol

Gpa: A (still completing last 6 courses) 

LSAT: 161 

ECs: I think they were good (executive at 5 clubs, 2 career related jobs, and 1 consistent volunteer position)

Edited by Legallybrunette123
Calculated my gpa wrong initially

Posted (edited)

Hey Guys, accepted earlier today. 

GPA: A-

LSAT: 163

Graduated from UofC, and still waiting for a decision made from UofC. Pretty stoked about the offer tho as it's my first. 

-Oh also, applied first week of Feb and all my documents were completed on Feb 9th. 

Edited by Harry123
  • Like 3

I didn't think this day would come, I am shaking right now haha

Accepted

LSAT: 154

GPA: A

B2: 3.89

L2: 3.7

Executive for my schools Phil association for a year.

Good Recommendations

Will be accepting

• Like 5

Got the acceptance email yesterday!! 

LSAT: 154

GPA: A+ (according to them) 

B2: 3.84

L2: 3.84

Strong extracurriculars 

Not sure if I will be accepting! Waiting to hear from most other schools but with my lower lsat score I'm not too hopeful lol

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, anniet said:

GPA: A+ (according to them) 

L2: 3.84

21 hours ago, HockeyLaw2021 said:

L2 ~3.65 (A- according to TRU).

so...it seems that if an applicant is even 0.01 over the letter grade GPA, the applicant's assigned letter grade is rounded up?

Interesting admission policy TRU.

Edited by Thrive92
clarification

3 minutes ago, Thrive92 said:

so...it seems that if an applicant is even 0.01 over the letter grade GPA, the applicant's letter grade is rounded up to the next letter grade?

Interesting admission policy TRU.

those L2 and B2 numbers were from a note I had on my phone for ontario gpa guidelines so they might be different but i didn't bother recalculating 

Just now, anniet said:

those L2 and B2 numbers were from a note I had on my phone for ontario gpa guidelines so they might be different but i didn't bother recalculating 

No worries; I have found this pattern of rounding up the letter grade over many posts on this thread, not just yours.

It is good for me to note this because im standing at around 3.5-3.6... it would probably count as an A- when I apply next cycle, and not B+.

Please delete if this question isn’t supposed to be here but can someone tell me if there’s a Facebook group for accepted class of 2024 for TRU? 

11 minutes ago, Legallybrunette123 said:

Please delete if this question isn’t supposed to be here but can someone tell me if there’s a Facebook group for accepted class of 2024 for TRU? 

From what I know, we don't have a Facebook group yet, but please check out our discord that's growing. :) Congrats to everyone!!

https://discord.gg/s8pykkGv

It's extra awesome to see those with lower LSATs get in. 1 mark really can't define who you are, it can be a strong indicator of course but shouldn't be only used to mark your success as a law student. Pretty grateful to see more universities doing this.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Legallybrunette123 said:

1 hour ago, seallover said:

From what I know, we don't have a Facebook group yet

The Society of Law Students is responsible for the Facebook group and usually that gets made some time in May.

• Like 1

Just got accepted 15 minutes ago!!!!!!!!!

I cannot believe it, words cannot express how I am feeling right now, I am so thankful for this opportunity!

GPA: A (according to TRU)

LSAT: 150

Applied Special Considerations.

For reference, I went decision pending March 16th.

Never Give Up!

• Like 8

Accepted at 2:26 MST! 

LSAT: 158

L2 GPA: 3.75

Practicing social worker with pretty good ECs I’d say! Not sure if I’ll be accepting as I was also accepted to grad school so I’ve got some stuff to think about! Very honoured and excited nonetheless! 

• Like 7

Oh my god you guys! I just got my acceptance about an hour ago!

I really wasn't expecting anything because my undergrad results are not super good but I am so happy!

L2: 2.7 (C+ according to TRU)

LSAT 160

Good ECs and 10 years work experience as an RN

I will likely be accepting as you can probably tell my GPA is not super competitive lol, but I'll wait to hear from Uvic regardless just in case!

• Like 7

L2: A-

LSAT: 157

10 years work experience, applied as Special Consideration applicant.

Not sure if I will accept, because I had thought I would do a different program.. but now I have NO IDEA!

and now I am crying. 😆

• Like 7