Jump to content
erinl2

As we have done in previous cycles, we ask that you keep Accepted threads clear of extraneous discussion.

Please list your cgpa, L2, B3, index score, etc.,  LSAT score, and how you were notified.  Please keep questions to asking about these particular details if they are not found in the post itself. Other posts will be deleted so as to keep these threads useful and easy to navigate.

Thank you and good luck to all!

 

Message added by erinl2

Recommended Posts

Just now, canadalaw2021 said:

would you mind sharing the first letter of your first and last name? I also applied nov 25th and I am wondering if they review files in alphabetical order!

First Name S, last name L

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got the email earlier today!

LSAT: 164 (89th percentile)

GPA: 85.4% before drops

Super pumped because UBC was my first choice! Congrats everyone.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Les99 said:

Got the email earlier today!

LSAT: 164 (89th percentile)

GPA: 85.4% before drops

Super pumped because UBC was my first choice! Congrats everyone.

Congrats!!! I have similar stats as you. If you don't mind me asking, when did you submit your application?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, 97jin said:

Congrats!!! I have similar stats as you. If you don't mind me asking, when did you submit your application?

October 18th! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tangdou said:

OMG I am so glad I checked this site today.

Got the email 5:14pm today!!

GPA: 86.3 after drops

LSAT: 164, 166

Applied on Nov. 25...Didn't expect at all cause I applied so late!!

Congratssss guys!!

Congrats! did you receive the portal log in link (the status check)  before you get accepted?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hsapienlawyer said:

Congrats! did you receive the portal log in link (the status check)  before you get accepted?

Thanks! I didn't receive any additional emails. Where r u applying from? I'm a current UBC undergrad, maybe that makes it a little different. Gook luck!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posting for a friend who won't make an account.

Acceptance email on Dec 12 at 5:12pm. 

UBC GPA with drops: 85.43%

LSAT: 174 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, suitsqueen said:

Posting for a friend who won't make an account.

Acceptance email on Dec 12 at 5:12pm. 

UBC GPA with drops: 85.43%

LSAT: 174 

sorry Dec 12 at 5 pm? may i ask what time zone your friend is in 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was pleasantly surprised to receive an email offer on Thursday, December 10th! 

GPA: 3.95/4.33

LSAT: 165

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why are the GPAs in percentages? Are you just taking the percentage of your raw GPA out of 4.33? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mihael said:

Why are the GPAs in percentages? Are you just taking the percentage of your raw GPA out of 4.33? 

UBC calculates GPA in percentages to evaluate applicants. Your UBC cGPA is the letter grades on your transcript (if you don’t have percentages) individually converted to the lowest % in the category and then averaged across all your credits (minus drops). Ex. A+ —> 90 & A—> 86. There is a calculator that does this pinned at the top of the UBC forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ap4750 said:

UBC calculates GPA in percentages to evaluate applicants. Your UBC cGPA is the letter grades on your transcript (if you don’t have percentages) individually converted to the lowest % in the category and then averaged across all your credits (minus drops). Ex. A+ —> 90 & A—> 86. There is a calculator that does this pinned at the top of the UBC forum.

I have trouble calculating my GPA in percentages because our school doesn't have an A+, anything above 85 is an A, and that's the highest letter grade given out. In this case wouldn't it lower my GPA in any way? Thanks ! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, hyeeun said:

I have trouble calculating my GPA in percentages because our school doesn't have an A+, anything above 85 is an A, and that's the highest letter grade given out. In this case wouldn't it lower my GPA in any way? Thanks ! 

 

Unfortunately this is the case. It definitely puts you and anyone else in a similar position at a disadvantage compared to UBC students or other schools who are given number grades so a 94 is counted as a 94. (I would be happily corrected) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any further discussion about calculating gpa, please start a new thread. This isn't the place for it. Thanks.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Accepted today! email offer and an update in the portal. GPA: Not sure how drops work but probably 82-83 percent? LSAT: 171

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...