Terracycle

Chance me & should I retake LSAT (3.33, 3.66, 160)

Scored a 160 twice. Applied all over Ontario except Lakehead. PT’ing in the mid 160’s and hope to score this in January by working on RC. 

3.33 & 3.66 L2. Access category where applicable. Strong PS & references in my opinion.

1. Should I try my luck and write a 3rd time hoping to get into the mid to high 160’s? 

2. Will schools hold my file until the January score comes out, or is there a chance I’ll be admitted with the same double score that I have on file? 

3. Lastly please chance me for UofT, Oz, Queens, Western, Ryerson, Windsor, Ottawa 

14 minutes ago, Terracycle said:

Scored a 160 in August and November. Applied all over Ontario except Lakehead. PT’ing in the mid 160’s and hope to score this in January by working on RC. 

3.3 -3.4 CGPA & 3.65 - 3.7 L2, access category where applicable on 2 separate grounds, one of them explaining the slightly lower grades. Strong PS & references in my opinion.

1. Should I try my luck and write a 3rd time hoping to get into the mid to high 160’s? 

2. Will schools hold my file until the January score comes out, or is there a chance I’ll be admitted with the same double score that I have on file? 

3. Lastly please chance me for UofT, Oz, Queens, Western, Ryerson, Windsor, Ottawa 

Can you calculate your GPA, L2/B2 using this

https://lawapplicants.ca/grade

7 minutes ago, Terracycle said:

3.33 gpa & 3.66 L2

Hard to predict "access"  I  try to predict assume you are applying general.

160, 3.33 GPA- Ottawa is GPA school. your GPA is weak for Ottawa. 50%

Queens  75% 3.66  B2 ? (What is your B2) slightly below 3.7  75%

Western 70% again L2 under 3.7

Ryerson - is your best bet- good luck, hard to predict Ryerson because this is their 2nd cycle.

Windsor- I don't predict Windsor.

U of t - 25% - B3 school.  under 25% 

OZ  -GPA school -  25%

Should you rewrite?  I don't see any downside for writing

2 hours ago, Luckycharm said:

Ryerson - is your best bet- good luck, hard to predict Ryerson because this is their 2nd cycle.

OZ  -GPA school -  25%

Hey just wondering where you got that osgoode is a gpa school. I was under the impression that they value lsat and gpa equally? 

9 hours ago, Lawschool2021 said:

Hey just wondering where you got that osgoode is a gpa school. I was under the impression that they value lsat and gpa equally? 

Of course they value LSAT. But OZ is not a L2, B2 nor B3 school.  Even Ottawa values GPA more but they still look at your LSAT.

I think you misunderstood what I meant by "GPA" school.

6 hours ago, Luckycharm said:

Of course they value LSAT. But OZ is not a L2, B2 nor B3 school.  Even Ottawa values GPA more but they still look at your LSAT.

I think you misunderstood what I meant by "GPA" school.

I think i did. Do you mean that they value Cumulative GPA more than L2, B2 or B3? or that in general they give more weight to GPA than LSAT

On 11/26/2020 at 7:51 PM, Luckycharm said:

OZ  -GPA school -  25%

B2 is 3.7, thanks for the help! 

On 11/27/2020 at 1:52 PM, Lawschool2021 said:

I think i did. Do you mean that they value Cumulative GPA more than L2, B2 or B3? or that in general they give more weight to GPA than LSAT

OZ considers GPA in most cases. However, they may make some exceptions due to 'holistic" reasons.