tsukkimood

Application on Hold if I Retake LSAT?

I'm considering retaking my LSAT in January. I already have an LSAT score on file but want to be more competitive, but was wondering this will do to my candidacy when being reviewed. Does Osgoode hold off until any declared scores are in, or do they evaluate my application based on the score right now then reconsider with my new score if I'm not competitive enough at the moment? Thanks in advance - been trying to call admissions office but their lines been busy so I appreciate your input!

No answers for you but I'm in the same boat. My LSAT score currently isn't too fantastic (doable but kind of pushing it) and I'm retaking in January to get a better score. Hopefully they don't just dismiss my application before my Jan score comes in/that they'll reevaluate it once I get a better score.

On 11/26/2020 at 3:16 PM, tsukkimood said:

I'm considering retaking my LSAT in January. I already have an LSAT score on file but want to be more competitive, but was wondering this will do to my candidacy when being reviewed. Does Osgoode hold off until any declared scores are in, or do they evaluate my application based on the score right now then reconsider with my new score if I'm not competitive enough at the moment? Thanks in advance - been trying to call admissions office but their lines been busy so I appreciate your input!

sure , why not?

If you're good enough as-is they'll admit you without waiting, but they won't reject you if you're not quite up there with your current score, they'll wait.

13 minutes ago, Luckycharm said:

sure , why not?

I could be wrong but I think some of the worry stems from thinking the admissions committee may look at the application and think "LSAT is a little low but they are competitive in other ways so we'll accept" but then see their LSAT Jan registration and go "hmm, mind as well wait and see what they get here instead of jumping the gun and accepting them now"... if that makes sense.

On 12/1/2020 at 6:54 PM, peacelily said:

I could be wrong but I think some of the worry stems from thinking the admissions committee may look at the application and think "LSAT is a little low but they are competitive in other ways so we'll accept" but then see their LSAT Jan registration and go "hmm, mind as well wait and see what they get here instead of jumping the gun and accepting them now"... if that makes sense.

If you are good enough to be accepted, it's based on your current stats. If you indicate you will rewrite the LSAT in January, then they will only wait if you are otherwise not competitive. Or they'll wait because they haven't pulled your file yet for evaluation.

I can't see any circumstance where they'd be willing to accept you but then say "hold up" if you indicate you're rewriting. What would be the point of that if you're otherwise good enough to accept?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ryn said:

If you are good enough to be accepted, it's based on your current stats. If you indicate you will rewrite the LSAT in January, then they will only wait if you are otherwise not competitive. Or they'll wait because they haven't pulled your file yet for evaluation.

I can't see any circumstance where they'd be willing to accept you but then say "hold up" if you indicate you're rewriting. What would be the point of that if you're otherwise good enough to accept?

Yes, I absolutely agree. I've just had these conversations with friends / other applicants in the past so I figured that might be where they were coming from. I've definitely had my moments overthinking every aspect of my application, too 😅