rjattorney

Chances? (3.5 cGPA, 3.73 L2, 160 LSAT) General

I would love to get either some assurance or motivation to rewrite. Feeling uneasy about sticking through with the 160 LSAT. My first year takes a toll on my cGPA but there is a strong upward trend where in my L2 where I only got two Bs, all As in my final year if that makes any difference. I also applied to Queens Osgoode and Ottawa I would love some input on my chances! 

Edited by rjattorney
included other schools applied to

3 hours ago, Luckycharm said:

100% Ottawa 

95% Western and Queens

60% OZ

OLSAS converted ?

Not OLSAS converted yet, apparently to be posted in December for me. I used the lawapplicants.ca converter to estimate my GPA, hopefully it is accurate. I appreciate the response Luckycharm you're a legend! Happy to hear I can let some anxiousness go! 

48 minutes ago, rjattorney said:

Not OLSAS converted yet, apparently to be posted in December for me. I used the lawapplicants.ca converter to estimate my GPA, hopefully it is accurate. I appreciate the response Luckycharm you're a legend! Happy to hear I can let some anxiousness go! 

do the calculation here. Your chance may differ if OLSAS conversion results in lower GPA

https://lawapplicants.ca/grade

I had pretty much exactly these stats. I got into Western and Ottawa and waitlisted at Queens and Osgoode.

2 hours ago, lewcifer said:

I had pretty much exactly these stats. I got into Western and Ottawa and waitlisted at Queens and Osgoode.

Good to know, thanks!

6 hours ago, lewcifer said:

Sorry to bother, can I ask what your exact stats were? I have a slightly higher cGPA and L2 but same LSAT and seeing you say you got waitlisted at Queens is a bit worrying.

3.57 cGPA, 3.7 L2, LSAT 160, taken twice, same score both times. I don't remember my B2 but it probably wouldn't be far off from my L2.

Edited by lewcifer
corrected error

5 minutes ago, lewcifer said:

3.57 cGPA, 3.7 L2, LSAT 160, taken twice, same score both times. I don't remember my B2 but it probably wouldn't be far off from my L2.

Okay, thank you!

On 11/26/2020 at 8:30 PM, lewcifer said:

When in the year were you admitted?

1 hour ago, Snickerdoodle said:

When in the year were you admitted?

I believe mid-March for Western. Don't remember when for Ottawa, but it was after my Western admission

Edited by lewcifer

My stats were really similar to OP's:  3.51 cGPA, 3.7 L2, 161 LSAT.  Got into Osgoode (January), Western (January), and Queen's (March) last year. 

11 minutes ago, blueblood said:

My stats were really similar to OP's:  3.51 cGPA, 3.7 L2, 161 LSAT.  Got into Osgoode (January), Western (January), and Queen's (March) last year. 

Where did you end up going?

33 minutes ago, blueblood said:

Did you write part B for Oz? 

I decided on Osgoode because of their generous bursaries.  Also, just to clarify, I applied last year and received acceptances this year.  
And yes, I did write Part B!