Jump to content
mslawyergirl

UVic Accepted 2021

erinl2

As we have done in previous cycles, we ask that you keep the Accepted threads clear of extraneous discussion.

Please list your cgpa, L2, B3, index score, etc. , LSAT score, and how you were notified. Please keep questions to asking about these particular details if they are not found in the post itself. Other posts will be deleted so as to keep these threads useful and easy to navigate.

Thank you and good luck to all!

Message added by erinl2

Recommended Posts


congratulations !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you mind me asking what the first letter of your last name is ??

Edited by Owl56
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Owl56 said:


congratulations !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you mind me asking what the first letter of your last name is ??

Thank you so much!! It's K, but the first letter of my first name is A so maybe they're doing it that way :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Marlee said:

Just got the call! 87% and 176

What’s the first letter of your first and last names, if you don’t mind my asking. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, GoblinKing said:

What’s the first letter of your first and last names, if you don’t mind my asking. 

I and S. Is it usually Alphabetical? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Marlee said:

I and S. Is it usually Alphabetical? 

I have no idea. If I had to guess it would be based on index score. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excited to be able to finally post on one of these threads! Just got accepted by email with a confirmed scholarship!

Stats: GPA with drops 4.09/4.13, LSAT 168

Good luck everyone

 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mslawyergirl said:

So excited to start this thread!! Just got the call about 10 minutes ago - I'm in! For those wondering, I my GPA is 4.0/4.3 and LSAT is 170. Also got a scholarship offer which I'm super excited about!

Sending good vibes to you all!!

 

1 hour ago, SeasHell said:

Excited to be able to finally post on one of these threads! Just got accepted by email with a confirmed scholarship!

Stats: GPA with drops 4.09/4.13, LSAT 168

Good luck everyone

 

Congrats to you both!! I was wondering if either of you would be able to share a bit more information on the scholarship as I know all schools do it differently. Were they able to tell you the exact amount or just a minimum amount for now? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, yawn said:

 

Congrats to you both!! I was wondering if either of you would be able to share a bit more information on the scholarship as I know all schools do it differently. Were they able to tell you the exact amount or just a minimum amount for now? 

They tell you the minimum amount and I think it can go up later

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, mslawyergirl said:

So excited to start this thread!! Just got the call about 10 minutes ago - I'm in! For those wondering, I my GPA is 4.0/4.3 and LSAT is 170. Also got a scholarship offer which I'm super excited about!

Sending good vibes to you all!!

Congrats! Did they mentions what the index was for this year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Les99 said:

Congrats! Did they mentions what the index was for this year?

Thank you! They did not, though I think I've read in previous years it was around 920? Not 100% sure. Best of luck!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, mslawyergirl said:

So excited to start this thread!! Just got the call about 10 minutes ago - I'm in! For those wondering, I my GPA is 4.0/4.3 and LSAT is 170. Also got a scholarship offer which I'm super excited about!

Sending good vibes to you all!!

Ah congratulations!!! Did your status change yet on the application portal? Mine says "App Forwarded: Adms Officer" and I'm wondering what that means haha. I have similar stats to you so fingers crossed for a call this week!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Omg! No bouquet of roses but I did just get a call! I'm in!!!!!!

Congrats to everybody 💜

GPA 4.08/4.33 (self-calculated, with drops)

LSAT 166

Edited by Firecracker
  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got the call. Was expecting a snowy owl and a letter on fine paper, but I'll take it.

GPA: 4.13/4.33 

LSAT: 166

3rd year applicant. 

Edited by GoblinKing
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GoblinKing said:

Just got the call. Was expecting a snowy owl and a letter on fine paper, but I'll take it.

GPA: 4.13/4.33 

LSAT: 166

3rd year applicant. 

congrats! So you are completing your third year now? When did you apply? Was the offer conditional?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, 734bird said:

congrats! So you are completing your third year now? When did you apply? Was the offer conditional?

I have 42 of 45 units. Offer was conditional on completion of the other 3. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, astridlaw said:

Ah congratulations!!! Did your status change yet on the application portal? Mine says "App Forwarded: Adms Officer" and I'm wondering what that means haha. I have similar stats to you so fingers crossed for a call this week!!

I'm not the poster you asked but my status was the same as yours and then changed to "Offer Extended" 🙂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Firecracker said:

I'm not the poster you asked but my status was the same as yours and then changed to "Offer Extended" 🙂

Thanks for letting me know! I have literally the exact same stats as you so I'm sitting here dying waiting for my call 😂 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, astridlaw said:

Ah congratulations!!! Did your status change yet on the application portal? Mine says "App Forwarded: Adms Officer" and I'm wondering what that means haha. I have similar stats to you so fingers crossed for a call this week!!

Yes my status changed to "Offer Extended" - like @Firecracker said :) my fingers are crossed for you!! Hopefully you hear back soon!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Recent Posts

    • That's the spirit! 😁
    • Cool! Glad to help, and congratulations on the job! When hiring teachers, of course, "how close to the start date" often (usually) means "how close to the start of classes," or something similar, and it's obviously a very bad thing to leave students with no teacher and the school scrambling to find someone. So they get cranky when that happens. I can only suppose that there are analogous circumstances in law and every other field.
    • Sup GreyDude, Ended up just asking for 30 minutes to consider the offer - all of the employers were happy and didn't mind.  However, this was still a useful message as I am also within the sphere of Education (BEd 2018 from Laurentian University).  I might go back to teaching (or maybe lecturing at universities) at some point in my career   Thanks a lot!
    • Hi,  I received an offer back for uOttawa's PDC program last month. It seems to me i have to make a decision about the offer on uOzone in addition to OLSAS. If i were to provisionally accept, does anyone know if there's a "provisionally accept" option on uOzone as well? Any insight would be appreciated! Thanks 
    • Anecdotally, having done some hiring (but not in law; it was education), I think it would depend on (a) how close to the start date you did this and (b) the other circumstances of the change of heart (vague, I know). In my institution, we would probably put an X through the applicants name if they just did something like this in a manner that seemed capricious. It would indicate their degree of reliability and they would have a tough time obtaining opportunities with us in future. However, if (for example) we had offered a part-time or precarious position, and the person let us go for full-time or permanent elsewhere, the negative first impression of the action would be mitigated. We would consider future applications from them in that light. On the second question, there is no harm in asking by when they need a reply and promising one before that time. It would be exceedingly unusual in my experience for them to expect an immediate reply in an initial interview. 

×
×
  • Create New...