Hello!

Where do I see what UBC has calculated my GPA to be? My college uses a 4.0 scale (with A and A- but no A+) and I am not sure how the conversion would work. I go to a liberal arts college in the US.

Thank you!

2 hours ago, canadalaw2021 said:

Thank you!

So is 90% the highest one can get? 

Yeah. Guess what ubc students go up to? 100. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

59 minutes ago, toastedguac said:

Yeah. Guess what ubc students go up to? 100. 

Then how do they compare people from ubc and those from other colleges? Even if someone outside UBC gets say a 98% in all their courses they only have a 90% to compete against the 100% of ubc students?

Edited by canadalaw2021

Just now, canadalaw2021 said:

Then how do they compare people from ubc and those from other colleges? Even if someone outside UBC gets say a 98% in all their courses they only have a 90% to compete against the 100% of ubc students?

It's a flawed system and a lot of otherwise good applicants get fucked. This is why if you look at admitted threads from other years, you'll notice a slight inclination towards accepting students with higher lsats. A lot of people here would protest it if UBC outright stated that LSAT is worth more than gpa, but it's one of the only ways for accounting for the differences in schools. Yes I know, LSAT isn't a perfect indicator of performance. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, canadalaw2021 said:

Not completely true. If your transcript has percentage grades then they take those as is. 

You do get a little jipped though if your school uses letter grades on your transcript (A+, A and A-, etc). The highest they will convert an A+ to is a 90.

• Sad 1