theroaringbadger

Chances: 3.83/4 Ontario (3.9/4.3) 157 LSAT

24 minutes ago, NeverGiveUp said:

Your index score = 3.83 / 4 * 0.6 + (157 - 120) / 60 * 0.4 = 0.82.

Looks good.

Would it be 3.83/4.3? Not 4.0? 

35 minutes ago, theroaringbadger said:

Chances anyone for these stats + internship at law firm

Can you explain how you converted your GPA from 4.0 to 4.3?  The composite score is different if you use your 4.3 GPA vs your 4.0.

1 minute ago, theroaringbadger said:

No I do not think so since its a different scaling

I believe they convert your grades to the 4.3 grading scale, and then use that for the index score. At least from what I’ve seen on here. 

5 minutes ago, theroaringbadger said:

I'm a 3rd year are 3rd years accepted

I am not sure about that.

Please check directly with DAL.

You are good if you have or you are going to have a 4 year undergraduate degree.

6 minutes ago, Lawstandfound said:

Can you explain how you converted your GPA from 4.0 to 4.3?  The composite score is different if you use your 4.3 GPA vs your 4.0.

I did some calculation thing but its probably wrong. My regular GPA is 3.83/4

2 minutes ago, Toby1994 said:

OK, but your score is different if you use the 3.9/4.3 number in the formula:

3.9 / 4.3 * 0.6 + (157 - 120) / 60 * 0.4 = 0.79

This is substantially different from:

3.83 / 4 * 0.6 + (157 - 120) / 60 * 0.4 = 0.82

2 minutes ago, theroaringbadger said:

I did some calculation thing but its probably wrong. My regular GPA is 3.83/4

I'm thinking that your GPA is likely higher than you think on the 4.3 scale, but I don't know how DAL does the conversion.  Maybe someone here knows?

2 hours ago, Lawstandfound said:

I'm thinking that your GPA is likely higher than you think on the 4.3 scale, but I don't know how DAL does the conversion.  Maybe someone here knows?

It depends... if you have a lot of As and A+s it might be higher. Plug in all your marks to the link I posted earlier and I believe you should get your exact gpa as per their calculation. Also if you’re index score is 79 don’t fret. Calculating index scores from previous years acceptances there are plenty of folks who got in with an index score below 80, including many non-maritimers!

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Toby1994 said:

It depends... if you have a lot of As and A+s it might be higher. Plug in all your marks to the link I posted earlier and I believe you should get your exact gpa as per their calculation. Also if you’re index score is 79 don’t fret. Calculating index scores from previous years acceptances there are plenty of folks who got in with an index score below 80, including many non-maritimers!

My lowest mark is an 80 lol... Most of my marks are mid 80s to low 90s.

1 hour ago, theroaringbadger said:

My lowest mark is an 80 lol... Most of my marks are mid 80s to low 90s.

Love that for you. It should be higher than your 4.0 calculation then! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, theroaringbadger said:

I'm a 3rd year are 3rd years accepted

Technically they could be, but I haven't heard of any third years getting accepted here the past few years

On 11/25/2020 at 6:08 PM, Toby1994 said:

Love that for you. It should be higher than your 4.0 calculation then! 

My 3.83 is my OSLAS GPA. My uni Uses % but is should still be the same tho right?

Edited by theroaringbadger

On 11/25/2020 at 8:14 PM, HaligonianLaw said:

Technically they could be, but I haven't heard of any third years getting accepted here the past few years

One was admitted today for 2021!

I applied on The 29th and I got the confirmation email and everything and it did say it was submitted when I checked yesterday. But today it says processed today. My personal statement is not “checked off” neither is my transcript even though it was submitted. Is this normal

5 minutes ago, theroaringbadger said:

I applied on The 29th and I got the confirmation email and everything and it did say it was submitted when I checked yesterday. But today it says processed today. My personal statement is not “checked off” neither is my transcript even though it was submitted. Is this normal

Yes! It can take a few weeks to show up on your end.