stanloona

told myself I wouldn't do this but.... chances? (167 LSAT, OLSAS 3.78 cGPA/B3)

just got my November LSAT score back at 167, first score was 160 (August); 3.78 cGPA/B3 on OLSAS; I think I have strong ECs; and for what it's worth (probably not a lot) currently attend UofT undergrad

should I count myself out of December admissions because of my first LSAT score?

also applied to Osgoode, Western, and Ryerson (if anyone has any insight there, but I'm particularly interested in UofT)

any thoughts are helpful, thanks

Edited by stanloona
  • Like 3

You will get an offer from OZ, Western and probably Ryerson  (your stats may be too strong)

U of T 75%- 

your 160 will have NOT impact on your application.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, hallesfury said:

You have a great chance of getting in

23 minutes ago, Luckycharm said:

You will get an offer from OZ, Western and probably Ryerson  (your stats may be too strong)

U of T 75%- 

thank you both for your responses

Edited by stanloona

2 hours ago, Luckycharm said:

U of T 75%- 

Do some schools actually reject you because your stats are too good?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SoIWantToBeALawyer said:

Do some schools actually reject you because your stats are too good?

Yes. Schools want to see a good acceptance rate on offers sent out. 

Thought it was more of an American thing, but apparently applicable in Canada as well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, stanloona said:

just got my November LSAT score back at 167, first score was 160 (August); 3.78 cGPA/B3 on OLSAS; I think I have strong ECs; and for what it's worth (probably not a lot) currently attend UofT undergrad

should I count myself out of December admissions because of my first LSAT score?

also applied to Osgoode, Western, and Ryerson (if anyone has any insight there, but I'm particularly interested in UofT)

any thoughts are helpful, thanks

FWIW, because you did the November LSAT you probably won't hear back from U of T until next year (since early acceptances should be going out in the next two weeks). If you do get accepted elsewhere, I'd highly recommend holding out until at least March to accept, if you can (not sure what the deadlines are for those schools), just in case you get into U of T.

But you can stan Loona until the rivers stop running 😁

• Like 2

5 hours ago, PlayALawyerOnTV said:

Yes. Schools want to see a good acceptance rate on offers sent out. 

Thought it was more of an American thing, but apparently applicable in Canada as well

There is no evidence that yield protection is a thing in Canada.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, GirlIKnow said:

Can't contribute much to changes(0L), but nice username OP :) -blink

thank you HAHA ! we love to see it, I've been bopping to pretty savage all day

1 hour ago, FortifiedEight said:

FWIW, because you did the November LSAT you probably won't hear back from U of T until next year (since early acceptances should be going out in the next two weeks). If you do get accepted elsewhere, I'd highly recommend holding out until at least March to accept, if you can (not sure what the deadlines are for those schools), just in case you get into U of T.

ohhh ok good to know, that's what I was wondering, thanks for the heads up! U of T is my top choice so I'm going to hold out until the bitter end (stream star!)

Edited by stanloona
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, FortifiedEight said:

Not to hijack the thread but do you happen to know if applicants in their final year of undergrad are eligible for early acceptance? I wonder if they'll want to see my fall grades before deciding. Best of luck to OP!   

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, seabisque said:

Not to hijack the thread but do you happen to know if applicants in their final year of undergrad are eligible for early acceptance? I wonder if they'll want to see my fall grades before deciding. Best of luck to OP!   

thank you ! and hijack away, also have this question myself

14 minutes ago, seabisque said:

Yep! As long as your LSAT scores were in early enough. I was in my 4th year and got a call the first week of December, and I did the LSAT in September that year.

Also, I should say if they DO find your 160/3.78 competitive enough, you COULD get a call in the next 2 weeks. But if they don't, then your 167, once processed, could get you admission later on.

Edited by FortifiedEight
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, FortifiedEight said:

Yep! As long as your LSAT scores were in early enough. I was in my 4th year and got a call the first week of December, and I did the LSAT in September that year.

Fingers crossed for all of us!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, FortifiedEight said:

Also, I should say if they DO find your 160/3.78 competitive enough, you COULD get a call in the next 2 weeks. But if they don't, then your 167, once processed, could get you admission later on.

on OUAC it says that my November LSAT score has been uploaded, I assume that schools (such as U of T) may have already made their December decisions by now then? and thanks for all the help!

Edited by stanloona
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, stanloona said:

on OUAC it says that my November LSAT score has been uploaded, I assume that schools (such as U of T) may have already made their December decisions by now then? and thanks for all the help!

As far as the grades/LSAT assessment, yeah for the first batch because they need time for humans to assess your various essays and personal statement. To have that done by the first week of December, assuming the calls go out then, would require those assessments to be provided very soon. As a result, they probably began assessing before your grades came out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

update: I received an email from LSAC today reminding me that I have a coupon to write again for free... I think I will. Is this a good or bad idea? My last score was a 167 but I have consistently scored slightly above (168-172) and slightly below (165-166) in my recent PTs. UofT is my dream school and I feel it's kinda a toss up at this point for whether I'll get in (especially with the supposed competition this year). If I do score lower, will this taint my application in any way? Thoughts appreciated!

Edited by stanloona