lawlizard

Entrance Scholarships q - references and matriculation(??)

Helloooo quick question that I emailed admin about but perhaps you fine people have an answer instead.

For the reference letter required for entrance scholarships - do I simply attach it as an appendix to my application form or is my referee suppose to email it directly?

Also - I’m from Ontario so when I hear the word junior and senior matriculation I’m thinking junior is grade 12 and senior was when grade 13 was a thing. Does anyone know what this is referring to? For example, it says “Applicants must have completed, with a superior academic average, at least three full years after junior matriculation or two full years after senior matriculation of a course leading to the degree of BA, BSc, or BComm, or an equivalent degree at Dalhousie or at another degree-granting college or university recognized by the Senate of Dalhousie University.”

Is this meaning undergrad? Like 3 years post under grad or 3 years post high school? I’m confused. Thank you!

I have this same question. ALSO are they due the 30th? I spoke to someone on the phone yesterday and they said they're due in Jan, but online it said the 30th. can someone confirm?

1 hour ago, culitigator said:

I have this same question. ALSO are they due the 30th? I spoke to someone on the phone yesterday and they said they're due in Jan, but online it said the 30th. can someone confirm?

I can't even get through their admin office. I'll post an update here when I know but I am planning to submit on the 30th. I just need to let my reference know!

13 hours ago, lawlizard said:

I can't even get through their admin office. I'll post an update here when I know but I am planning to submit on the 30th. I just need to let my reference know!

Sounds good. I'm pretty sure they're due the 30th, but that reference letters can be sent later

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Recent Posts

• Je crois qu'ils vont commencer à envoyer des offres bientôt. J'ai eu une convocation à la rédaction (Évaluation de français écrit, comme étudient anglophone) et dans le mail ils ont écrit "Cette convocation s'adresse aux candidats en voie d'être formellement admis à au moins un programme. Elle ne constitue pas un avis d'admission." Vue que j'ai fait une demande d'admission pour un seul programme, j'imagine que sa vas dire qu'ils ont commencé à prendre des décisions sur les dossiers déjà complets.     Par-contre mon dossier est toujours "a l'étude" dans mon compte étudient. 
    • Bonjour! J'ai également appliqué en novembre pour l'automne 2021! ☺️ En regardant les forums des années précédentes, les premières réponses semblent être envoyées à la mi/fin-février. 
    • That's what extensions are for! I adjourned hearings, got extensions on written submissions and, like Douglas Adams said, listened to the whoooooshing sound that deadlines made as they flew by. We had our 2 year old home while daycare was closed from mid-March to August. My spouse is a health care professional and she still had a full client-load seeing them over video. Our compromise was that she had to give up Monday so she could be full-time toddler duty Saturday-Monday. The rest of the week, she worked 9-5 doing video sessions and I was on toddler duty. I would work evenings and weekends just to keep up. I only managed (to keep up with work) because I would put in 15 hour days Saturday-Monday and then got in 4-5 hours on days I was on toddler duty after she went to bed. It was an awful grind. It feels like we may be trending back in that direction with cases going up and I don't know how we could manage like that again. It feels harder now - at least when EVERYTHING was closed, opposing counsel, the courts, tribunals, etc. could relate because their kids were home too. Our toddler is back in daycare but we are debating pulling her out with cases on the rise. However, we both feel that people are less understanding now (in terms of extension requests or rescheduling client sessions for her) because it would be our choice to keep her home and they may not relate.  
    • What is the significance of having the undergrad completed at Ryerson?
    • UofT, Queens, Western, and maybe some other non-Ontario schools all started Fall 2020 in person with masks on. I don't see why this model wouldn't also be used once a decent portion of the population has been vaccinated.