Jump to content
HungryforLaw

L2 3.7 Lsat 148

Recommended Posts

Hey guys, can someone tell me what my chances are with the stats. I know more points is better but i have a very impressive background as well. 8 years of professional work experience and a masters degree in international trade. Also strong personal statement and very strong References. Let me know your thoughts...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No. Sorry. 148 LSAT is not enough.

The good news is that you can study hard for your next LSAT attempt and aim for a better score.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The above poster is a bit rude and callous. I would say that your experience is great, and way above the average applicant’s experience level. Additionally, the 8 years of work experience makes me think that maybe you could apply as a mature student at different universities- sometimes they have lower LSAT averages. I don’t know if TRU specifically has a mature student application, but you should look for programs that do if you aren’t worried about moving to a different province. Some schools, such as Windsor, also consider the more education you’ve obtained, so your master’s degree may help you there!
 

I hate the LSAT and am applying to these schools with a lower score as well, but if you could stomach a retake and try to break the low 150’s in the January LSAT, I think you’d have an even better chance! 
 

Good luck friend! 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You need a higher LSAT. SNAILS is right (and isn't being rude or callous as far as I can see). If you want to get into law school, you need to bear down on that. A score in the 140s won't get you in anywhere in Canada.

Take a look at our LSAT forum. Lots of good advice and suggestions there.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hegdis said:

You need a higher LSAT. SNAILS is right (and isn't being rude or callous as far as I can see). If you want to get into law school, you need to bear down on that. A score in the 140s won't get you in anywhere in Canada.

Take a look at our LSAT forum. Lots of good advice and suggestions there.

I have friends who got in with exactly 148 (some even lower). Never give up or be discouraged!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, bobby96 said:

I have friends who got in with exactly 148 (some even lower). Never give up or be discouraged!

Did they do this under the Access category? Were they splitters?

Which schools are you talking about? Were they in Canada?

 

Look, I'm all for being emotionally supportive but cheerleading won't help if it's not based in reality.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Hegdis said:

Did they do this under the Access category? Were they splitters?

Which schools are you talking about? Were they in Canada?

 

Look, I'm all for being emotionally supportive but cheerleading won't help if it's not based in reality.

I missed the Hegdis when you were a crow with a knife

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I completely agree that we need to base our cheerleading in reality, which is why I was trying to point out the strengths of the applicant and how those are weighted differently in different programs. Not all law schools in Canada only care about your grades and LSAT scores. I would say that most do, but a few programs are focused on holistic admissions processes and are interested in recruiting more mature students. A search of a 148 on this website shows you people who were accepted to different law schools across Canada with scores in the upper 140s. Obviously, it was probably not their LSAT score which got them accepted but other aspects of their application.

I can't speak to TRU's holistic application process and how heavily they will weigh work experience etc., but I think that highlighting some of these strengths in applications to schools which value work experience, GPA, etc. would be this applicants best chance with their current score. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, lawschoolpleasee said:

Not all law schools in Canada only care about your grades and LSAT scores. I would say that most do, but a few programs are focused on holistic admissions processes and are interested in recruiting more mature students.

Holistic schools still very much care about LSAT and GPA. The people that got accepted with anything below a 148 are exceptional cases that will have something truly impressive and unique on their application to compensate for their poor stats. Giving someone hope that 148 will do it is like a lottery winner telling you to buy lottery tickets because it worked out well for them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, lawschoolpleasee said:

I completely agree that we need to base our cheerleading in reality, which is why I was trying to point out the strengths of the applicant and how those are weighted differently in different programs. Not all law schools in Canada only care about your grades and LSAT scores.

[...] 

You're letting your own low LSAT score colour the overly rosy advice that you're giving to a fellow applicant. This happens every year, and for the most part, it doesn't do anyone any good. 

Edited by Tagger
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Hegdis said:

Did they do this under the Access category? Were they splitters?

Which schools are you talking about? Were they in Canada?

 

Look, I'm all for being emotionally supportive but cheerleading won't help if it's not based in reality.

TRU 148 LSAT Score and 1 below that. I do not know what category however do know that 140s has been accepted. Obviously the chances are extremely slim however I just wanted to point out a fact. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, bobby96 said:

TRU 148 LSAT Score and 1 below that. I do not know what category however do know that 140s has been accepted. Obviously the chances are extremely slim however I just wanted to point out a fact. 

If it's the Access category it doesn't help this OP. That's my only point. Context matters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/25/2020 at 9:03 AM, SNAILS said:

No. Sorry. 148 LSAT is not enough.

The good news is that you can study hard for your next LSAT attempt and aim for a better score.

@HungryforLaw the very good thing is that with a 148 there are a lot of concepts which are 'low hanging fruit'. Dialing in your understanding of correlation and causation and the difference between necessary and sufficient conditions could easily bump you up into the low-mid 150s.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, bobby96 said:

TRU 148 LSAT Score and 1 below that. I do not know what category however do know that 140s has been accepted. Obviously the chances are extremely slim however I just wanted to point out a fact. 

And 5'3" Muggsy Bogues made the NBA. It's not all that helpful to "point out a fact" by pointing at outliers.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

<150 your apps basically a write-off for any school. Even mid 150s you should have a shot. You should be able to raise your score fairly easily.

Edited by AJD19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The plus side is that the LSAT, to a certain degree, is a learnable test. Especially for sections like Logic Games. Study your ass off, consider hiring a private tutor, and I'm sure you'll be able to bring your LSAT up.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...